My take on Silsbee's last two games; both losses

Silsbee is definetly in a funk. The two losses to Cleveland and Clear Creek was more to do with the terrible play of the Tigers than the play of their opponents. Silsbee's offense really went stale over these two games and their defense was as lazy as I have seen all year from them. Take in mind both opponents were good teams, but if the Tigers play to their standards, they beat both these teams 7 out 10 times. Silsbee is hurting from the lack of play from Shannon with his bad wrist. The team seems to be just going through the motions and they are not showing any kind of inspired play whatsoever.

Please understand me, I am not making any excuses for Silsbee in these losses. I truly believe they deserved to lose these games because of their own poor play. It's the worst I have seen them play all year.

Silsbee looks like a tired and frustrated team right now with no get up and go in them at all. They have three pretty tough games coming up, West Brook, Kelly, and Newton, all on the road, before district starts. I think having to play on the road for 2 months has caught up with the Tigers. If they continue to play the way they did these last two games, they will lose these next three headed into district.

I still have faith and "confidence" ::) in my Tigers and I believe they will right the ship and make a run to Austin. I still believe they are the team to beat in Region 3.

Most teams goes through times like this. You have the holidays, games everyday,kids get tired and sometimes lack intensity.......I know very few teams that are undefeated at this point. Its a new season when district starts. I read the post about HJ and Silsbee getting beat every now and then but thats just part of the process........Its not like they are 2-16.....when playoffs starts, its the team that is playing well and has some luck that advances. The NW Giants won the super bowl last year and they barely made the playoffs as a wild card.....we (Huntington) are 15-4 and just happy to be there....so turn that whine upside down and make a smiley face.......lol... ;D

Aggies you are exactly right.  As you know I don't post on here much but some of this talk that was going on about HJ losing and now about Silsbees last two losses are ridiculous.  People questioning the coaching staff of both of these teams shows these people lack of knowledge.  Both of these teams will be fine and Silsbee will continue to be the favorite in the district, region, and state.  Good luck to both and fans please support your coaches and teams from now on.  Some of what you guys say on here is so sad.

Aggies you are exactly right.  As you know I don't post on here much but some of this talk that was going on about HJ losing and now about Silsbees last two losses are ridiculous.  People questioning the coaching staff of both of these teams shows these people lack of knowledge.  Both of these teams will be fine and Silsbee will continue to be the favorite in the district, region, and state.  Good luck to both and fans please support your coaches and teams from now on.  Some of what you guys say on here is so sad.

Good post, spinks. Glad to see you on here, don't be such a stranger.

(btw, tell your brother to keep his fingers off my keyboard ;D)

Silsbee will be fine besides how many teams go through a season without some problems? Who was in the regional last year?

Last year's regional tourney was Silsbee, Hardin-Jefferson, Crockett, and Waco Connally. Silsbee defeated HJ in the regional final. That was Silsbee's third regional final game in last four years.

• 2 weeks later...

They played Clear Creek not clear lake. If I'm not mistaking.

Right, Silsbee played Clear Creek, not Clear Lake. But what CATMAN and I are disputing is that Clear Creek has a lot of basketball tradition. They do not, it's Clear Lake that has that tradition.

If you go back far enough Clear Lake HS basketball tradition originated from Clear Creek HS basketball tradition.   That legendary coach they had started at clear creek.   Coach Bill Krueger is, or was the nat'l all time wins coach, something like that.  He won 2 state championships.  One at Clear Creek in 1963.  Another at the newer Clear Lake High School in 1989. 

Henry Bauerslag was his star player in '63.    I saw Hank Bauerslag play in the 70s.  He was a very good Hs player.  Got a scholarship to UT. etc, etc.

DB

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder