*Dayton vs. SS 4A D2 State Title Game/69-49 SS WINS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!*

KFDM COOP

Congradulations Wildcats & Broncos on your great year.Broncos gave all they had but was not enough.Sulphur Springs was the better team Dec.20.I knew going in we would have to play a near perfect game.SS was big upfront and we just could not get to TR often.Lot's of talent on both teams.Better go thaw out my crow for sunday.Game was a record breaker for offense for 11 man teams.Anybody know the attendance numbers?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144

ok who put kirbyville west of the san jacinto river?  no wonder i couldnt find the stadium....and congrats to Dayton for a great season!  i enjoyed the ride!! 

OK.. here we go.. SS had the better team today.. I am giving praise to the team and I feel they were the best team i SA.. Im not being nit-picky but AJ Dugat was by far the best player on the field. I just dont understand why the Bronco coaches didnt put him in the "spot" where every SS kickoff went to.  We did have a bad fumble in the red zone in the first half that sucked but the onside kick by SS got us too. Cody Greena and TR played one heck of a game. I guarantee RESPECT from both teams. The biggest respect that I give to anyone that was on that field would be to the running back #4 for SS.. I ran across him on the riverwalk and he was a class act. He was very respectful (even though I was talking crap, and not happy),, It was nice to meet him and he is any parents pride and joy. He kinda reminded me of a greased pig at a county fair. Very hard to catch and slipped alot of tackles. Being beat by SS is kinda like being beat by Lake Travis. Its kinda funny, when you get beat by a better team, it just dont hurt so bad. But I gotta say that WildcatsRule,,, you still suck... and I hope to meet ya when Im in your area this year at a rodeo.

I wish that we could just play each other every week all year long and I still feel that the TWO BEST TEAMS in 4A division 2 played for the State Championship today and the best team won..

WildcatsRule You can put your crow in your ear, your nose, your mouth, and any other hole that i missed...lol.. you suck still.. It was fun..

Would have to disagree that Dugat was the best player on the field.  TR never fails to amaze me.  He is in a league or a class by himself.  And yes RY helps put SS's offense over the top.  Dayton had several playmakers and their offense was a lot better than I thought it would be.  As I said earlier this week, without rubbing it in, I talked to TR about the game.....and at that moment, there was no doubt in my mind.  I came on here and said TR will NOT be denied the State Championship.  He played lights out.  As some of the scouts said to me on the field after the game, "He was the best #7 on the field." 

Would have to disagree that Dugat was the best player on the field.  TR never fails to amaze me.  He is in a league or a class by himself.  And yes RY helps put SS's offense over the top.  Dayton had several playmakers and their offense was a lot better than I thought it would be.  As I said earlier this week, without rubbing it in, I talked to TR about the game.....and at that moment, there was no doubt in my mind.  I came on here and said TR will NOT be denied the State Championship.  He played lights out.  As some of the scouts said to me on the field after the game, "He was the best #7 on the field." 

As I said earlier in the week the game would come down to turnovers.  Guess what? It did.  Both teams were evenly matched and could throw and pound the rock.  Would like to have seen Dayton run the ball a little more but that's just me.  I was just amazed at how Dayton's O'line didn't give up a sack and SS's huge O'line did.  Great job Dayton and congratulations to SS.

Tecnically it was not a pass play so there was no sack and the reason that Dugat was not in front on the pooch kick is because their kicker could put it anywhere he wanted.  If Dugat moved up then he would kick it over his head.  IF Dugat was back then they would pooch it short and the Broncos would get the ball in great field position with Ploch catching the ball on the sideline. 

Tecnically it was not a pass play so there was no sack and the reason that Dugat was not in front on the pooch kick is because their kicker could put it anywhere he wanted.  If Dugat moved up then he would kick it over his head.  IF Dugat was back then they would pooch it short and the Broncos would get the ball in great field position with Ploch catching the ball on the sideline. 

How was that not a pass play? He was looking for a reciever and even pump faked. It looked like a screen that just got busted. I know their kicker could put it anywhere but he kept putting the pooch in that spot. We still would have had Cameron deep. Its not going to change anything but I would have had to try it.

The last time Dayton went to the final game before 12-20-08 was in 1962 before intergration and the Colbert Tigers lost to Taylor Pierce.46 years since a title game.Makes for a great celebration if you ask me.Maybe we could do something in return for our graditude and enjoyment.Got any ideas?WE would need to act Quickly as some will be leaving .

I happened upon this site last week while searching for info on the game. I would like to apologize for a few Wildcat fans on this site making degrading remarks. I can say everyone that I talk to here in SS has respect for the Dayton team and we realize better than anyone how hard it is just to make it to the title game. It was a great game and the fans and team feel even more honored because we beat a team that fought hard to the end. Congratulations to your team and town, I hope the town there celebrates and honors your players for a great season and not for the loss at the end.

I know I'm a bit late, but I wanted to take this opportunity to congradulate the Dayton Broncos on another outstanding season.  You guys played tough each and every week and in the end, you've made everyone in this little corner of Texas very proud of you!  Congrats again!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317