TR BETTER THEN GG ???

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump

Any Dayton fans out there with opinions?

I was impressed with both sides of the ball.  It was clear IMO and several others including sportswriters covering the game (from Dallas) that AJ Dugat was the best athlete on the field, hands down.  One was quoted as saying "he's just a beast!".  These teams were clearly as about as even as you'll ever see.  Props to some of the SS faithful that we met on the riverwalk, good football talk and gracious.

Obviously TR put on a show. Was he better than GG? He's might have an edge in raw arm strength. But as an overall QB, I still give a slight edge to GG. Keyword....slight. TR is definetly a hoss. But let me say this though, Cody Green is right there with both of those guys. The Broncos offense did not revolve around the down field pass as much as SS or LT. If you put him on either of those teams I'm sure his numbers would be in the same neighborhood. We will remember all three of these kids for a long time.

I still dont know how GG is not #1 in the nation. TR is awesome, I agree. I also think that TR was the best QB on the field in San Antonio but Cody is not far behind. Cody made some very good throws and some players had a few drops. What I noticed about Cody is that when SS had good coverage and there wasnt an open reciever, Cody still tried to force the ball. I wish that he would scramble a little more when a pass play was called. We all know when its a run to Cody he does well. If everyone is covered, tuck it and run.

Also first and 10 on the 15.... We have been running easily all day and we throw 4 striaght incomplete passes???? ARGHHHH

One thing I think we can all agree on. This it the best year for QB's in Texas possibly ever! Green, TR, GG, Jacob Karam, Beaver, Highsmith from Hightower, Russel Shepperd, and several from the DFW area whose names I don't even remember!

This seems to be a direct result of several things.

1. The growth of the Spread Offense in both collage and High school.

2. The growth of 7 on 7 programs that let the skill players hone skills all summer.

3. The explosion of Little League programs that simply did not exist 20 years ago.

Of course the popularity of High School ball continues to grow across the nation. In parts of the country it now approaches the popularity it has traditionally held here in Texas. I think we will continue to see growth in High school skills in Texas and other areas. Young QB's are being identified early on in Junior high, and being groomed by offensive minded coaches. Get ready for a yearly argument on Whose QB is best.

Guest tigersvoice

One thing I think we can all agree on. This it the best year for QB's in Texas possibly ever! Green, TR, GG, Jacob Karam, Beaver, Highsmith from Hightower, Russel Shepperd, and several from the DFW area whose names I don't even remember!

This seems to be a direct result of several things.

1. The growth of the Spread Offense in both collage and High school.

2. The growth of 7 on 7 programs that let the skill players hone skills all summer.

3. The explosion of Little League programs that simply did not exist 20 years ago.

Of course the popularity of High School ball continues to grow across the nation. In parts of the country it now approaches the popularity it has traditionally held here in Texas. I think we will continue to see growth in High school skills in Texas and other areas. Young QB's are being identified early on in Junior high, and being groomed by offensive minded coaches. Get ready for a yearly argument on Whose QB is best.

Nicely stated, fatdaddy.

Let us not forget the kid from Alamo Heights that's going to Oklahoma...he definitely doesn't suck.  What a great post though...when have we seen the number of great HS QBs?  I'm not sure you'll go wrong with any of the top 10 QB's from Texas alone.  Of course Texas HS football is still a cut above the rest...the different systems and the speed on the field is amazing.  Yes, Florida is right there and California produces some pretty good ones...but man would it be great to recruit in Texas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317