TR BETTER THEN GG ???

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump... 

Based On What i have Seen I wouldnt make the statement if i didnt feel it to be true! i Have been to a few ss games this season! One Where Tyrik Looked to be at his best ( Rockwall-Heath). Where i believe he  went 24-29 with 5 tds and also added a few rushing! I wont lie the kid was on fire he picked those boys apart. however i saw him at his worst to i believe in the Texas High Game! They made HIm completely ineffective in the run something under 20yds and he was running scared from those d line men all night! He Still was able to throw well i believe 300 yards or so with two touchdowns however he also added 2 picks to though while running for his life! I cant blame that game on him however but i just think it displayed him folding in a tough situation

Is this really a thread?  TR is a good QB no doubt...GG is just better.  Of course this could be the Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady argument, but I think of it more Peyton Manning vs. Kurt Warner.

GG may be better.  He may not be but, they're a lot closer than you guys think.  Watch the dang game.  You'll see.

I'm still trying to understand what watching the game tomorrow will do to change anyones mind?? Garrett Gilbert torched Dayton in a monsoon last year on the way to winning the state championship. Hes on the way to leading Lake Travis to another this season. His entire body of work is and will remain more impressive than Rollisons no matter what happens tomorrow.

I think it will change some minds because most of the opinions here are based off never seeing Rollison play.....  I guess if you're closed minded enough to think that GG is the best QB possible.... ::) then I'm just wasting my time with a couple of HOmers.

Is this really a thread?  TR is a good QB no doubt...GG is just better.  Of course this could be the Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady argument, but I think of it more Peyton Manning vs. Kurt Warner.

GG may be better.  He may not be but, they're a lot closer than you guys think.  Watch the dang game.  You'll see.

I'm still trying to understand what watching the game tomorrow will do to change anyones mind?? Garrett Gilbert torched Dayton in a monsoon last year on the way to winning the state championship. Hes on the way to leading Lake Travis to another this season. His entire body of work is and will remain more impressive than Rollisons no matter what happens tomorrow.

I think it will change some minds because most of the opinions here are based off never seeing Rollison play.....   I guess if you're closed minded enough to think that GG is the best QB possible.... ::) then I'm just wasting my time with a couple of HOmers.

again....it has nothing to do with being a "homer" or being "close minded". Ive seen them both play multiple times and Gilbert is the better QB. Thats isnt or shouldnt be an insult to Tyrick, hes a solid player and will likely be an excellent college player but hes not as good a QB prospect as Gilbert.

PNG, I see from your tagline on the left on your replies that you go to orangebloods.com.  Are you the same PNG who is a mod over there?  I go to the Longhorn Sports forum a lot; I don't post much but actively follow the Horns.  (Wife is in nursing school so hopefully, after she graduates in the spring, I will be able to go to the premium board.)  While I am very glad that GG is going to UT, do you think it is possible that AJ Dugat goes there too?

To add my 2 cents to the TR-GG thread, I think at this point GG is the by far the better quarterback while TR is solid.  However, TR's 15 INTs is pretty high, even for a HS kid.  Throw in the fact that he has been sacked, I believe, 27 times leads me think that his thought processing (can't think of a better way to put it) hasn't matured yet, but I think with a college program and college coaching, that will improve exponentially.  I think he will be a good one (TR that is.)

PNG, I see from your tagline on the left on your replies that you go to orangebloods.com.  Are you the same PNG who is a mod over there?  I go to the Longhorn Sports forum a lot; I don't post much but actively follow the Horns.  (Wife is in nursing school so hopefully, after she graduates in the spring, I will be able to go to the premium board.)  While I am very glad that GG is going to UT, do you think it is possible that AJ Dugat goes there too?

To add my 2 cents to the TR-GG thread, I think at this point GG is the by far the better quarterback while TR is solid.  However, TR's 15 INTs is pretty high, even for a HS kid.  Throw in the fact that he has been sacked, I believe, 27 times leads me think that his thought processing (can't think of a better way to put it) hasn't matured yet, but I think with a college program and college coaching, that will improve exponentially.  I think he will be a good one (TR that is.)

yes same guy. Lately Dugat seems interested in Texas and vice versa but is commited to UH. IMO if UT offers he'll think hard about it.

If you're a big longhorn fan the premium board is the perfect Christmas present but be prepared to get yourself in trouble for being on there all the time. ;) Shoot me an email letting me know your handle if you sign up. [email protected].

to wildcat-

Great performance today by Rollison but it doesnt change anything. Heres some notes on GG for you....read closely:

1. 2nd straight state title

2. 30 game win streak

3. At least 75 TD's this season

4. Finishes 2nd all-time in total TD's

5. Single season record for passing yards - 2007

6. Career passing yards record

7. Single season completion record - 2007

8. Gatorade National Player of the Year

Your talking about a kid that can be argued as the greatest QB in Texas HS history.

NOW THAT YOU HAVE SEEN THE SHOW....  WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW!

You actually got the nerve to come on here and post this?!  Were you not at the same game that I was at?  Both QB's played their freakn'hearts out and neither SHINED over the other!  They both played a heck of a game!!!!!  Great game Cody AND Ty, both of you played like stars.  You're an idiot.

NOW THAT YOU HAVE SEEN THE SHOW....  WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW!

You actually got the nerve to come on here and post this?!  Were you not at the same game that I was at?  Both QB's played their freakn'hearts out and neither SHINED over the other!  They both played a heck of a game!!!!!  Great game Cody AND Ty, both of you played like stars.  Your an idiot.

If you read the whole damn thread, you'd know I'm not saying either is better.... Only that this is a valid thread.  Both are good.  Not to mention this thread doesn't have a damn thing to do with Cody or Ty....  Read the damn post.  Sounds more like your the idiot.

These are national recruiting services and it doesn't matter if TR throws for 800 yds and 9 TD's versus Dayton its not going to change. Rollison is a very good player but hes not Garret Gilbert and thats not an insult. The immature cutdowns aren't necessary in this discussion either.

It's funny you said that....  He probably would have made it if Dayton would have kept it intersting....  ;D

TR was OK.. He had Oak Trees for offensive linemen. they were GREAT!!! TR had a good arm and put the ball where it needed to be but I saw that whenever he got in trouble that he just threw it deep. Yes, he threw is 60 yards deep but it was desperation and didnt really have anyone open. But, with an arm like that you can just launch it and out throw everyone on the field. No big deal I guess. He still cant hold Garret Gilberts jock strap but he is GOOD... I look forward to seeing the matchups with him at Kstate and Cody Green at Nebraska.. If that is where he goes..

Have I mentioned that WildcatsRule still sux???

TR was OK.. He had Oak Trees for offensive linemen. they were GREAT!!! TR had a good arm and put the ball where it needed to be but I saw that whenever he got in trouble that he just threw it deep. Yes, he threw is 60 yards deep but it was desperation and didnt really have anyone open. But, with an arm like that you can just launch it and out throw everyone on the field. No big deal I guess. He still cant hold Garret Gilberts jock strap but he is GOOD... I look forward to seeing the matchups with him at Kstate and Cody Green at Nebraska.. If that is where he goes..

Have I mentioned that WildcatsRule still sux???

Never seen GG play, but I do know that CG can't hold TR jock strap.  That was obvious.

You have got to be kidding me!!! Cody Green had one heck of a game. TR did not outperform Cody in the state champ game. Yes Cody threw a terrible interception late in the game but you see that in alot of games when players are trying to "make things happen"..  I cant wait to see the numbers in this game but for sure Cody Green played as good as anyone in the state in San Antonio...

You have got to be kidding me!!! Cody Green had one heck of a game. TR did not outperform Cody in the state champ game. Yes Cody threw a terrible interception late in the game but you see that in alot of games when players are trying to "make things happen"..  I cant wait to see the numbers in this game but for sure Cody Green played as good as anyone in the state in San Antonio...

Dude what game were you at.  The throws that TR made.  Unbelievable.  CG is a great player but he is not in TR's league.

I like TR's instinct better, his arm, accuracy, decisions, poise, scrambling ability, making plays ability, etc.  CG has a good arm and runs the ball well.  But CG has a #8, and #6.  The SS's receivers are not bigtime speed demons if you didn't notice.  They just run perfect routes and don't drop passes.  TR makes plays.  A lot of times tonite CG was just getting the ball into the playmakers hands and they (the playmakers) were the ones making plays and boosting up the yardage.

Texas HS Passing Records

Single-Season Passing Yards (games)

1. 4,848-Garrett Gilbert (16), Lake Travis, 2008

2. 4,827-Garrett Gilbert (16), Lake Travis, 2007

3. 4,825-Graham Harrell (15), Ennis, 2003

4. 4,822-Chase Wasson, Southlake Carroll (16), 2002

5. 4,700-Kelan Luker, Stephenville (16), 1998

6. 4,698-Greg McElroy, Southlake Carroll, 2005

7. 4,678-Phillip Daugherty, Bridgeport (15), 2001

8. 4,672-Chase Daniel, Southlake Carroll (16), 2004

Career Passing Yards

1. 12,534-Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis, 2006-08

2. 12,532-Graham Harrell, Ennis, 2000-03

3. 12,183-Drew Tate, Baytown Lee, 1999-2002

4. 11,750-G.J. Kinne, Canton/Gilmer, 2003-06

5. 10,136-Phillip Daugherty, Bridgeport, 2000-02

6. 10,046-Chandler Dane, Decatur, 2002-04

7. 9,344-Colt McCoy, Tuscola Jim Ned, 2002-04

Single-Season Passing TDs

1. 67-Graham Harrell, Ennis, 2003

2. 56-Greg McElroy, Southlake Carroll, 2005

3. 55-Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis, 2008

4. 54-Riley Dodge, Southlake Carroll, 2006

5. 54-Kirk Saul, Turkey Valley, 1986

6. 54-Chase Wasson, Southlake Carroll, 2002

7. 53-Graham Harrell, Ennis, 2001

8. 52-Patrick Hutka, Rogers, 1997

9. 50-Colt McCoy, Tuscola Jim Ned, 2003

10. 50-Chase Daniel, Southlake Carroll, 2004

11. 50-Lupe Rodriguez, Mission, 1987

12. 48-Chandler Dane, Decatur, 2004

13. 49-Kelan Luker, Stephenville, 1998

14. 47-Spencer Stack, FM Marcus, 1997

15. 47-Stephen McGee, Burnet, 2003

16. 47-Colt McCoy, Tuscola Jim Ned, 2004

Career TD Passes

1. 167-Graham Harrell, Ennis, 2000-03

2. 136-Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis, 2006-08

3. 130-G.J. Kinne, Canton/Gilmer, 2003-06

4. 116-Colt McCoy, Tuscola Jim Ned, 2002-04

5. 113-Drew Tate, Baytown Lee, 1999-2002

6. 104-Chandler Dane, Decatur, 2002-04

7. 101-Stephen McGee, Burnet, 2001-03

8. 94-Chavis McCollister, Tenaha, 1996-98

9. 92-Chase Daniel, Southlake Carroll, 2002-04

Single-Season Pass Completions

1. 360-Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis, 2007

2. 334-Graham Harrell, Ennis, 2003

3. 317-Drew Tate, Baytown Lee, 2001

4. 313-Greg McElroy, Southlake Carroll, 2005

5. 308-Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis, 2008

6. 306-Drew Tate, Baytown Lee, 2002

7. 304- Phillip Daugherty, Bridgeport, 2001

8. 301-Chase Wasson, Southlake Carroll, 2002

Career Pass Completions

1. 970-Drew Tate, Baytown Lee, 1999-2002

2. 902-Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis, 2006-08

3. 805-Graham Harrell, Ennis, 2000-03

4. 680-Phillip Daugherty, Bridgeport, 2000-02

5. 618-Kellen Haynes, Haltom, FW Brewer and Crosby, 2000-03

6. 589-Steve Clements, Huntsville, 1985-89

7. 587-Chandler Dane, Decatur, 2002-04

8. 580-Logan Turner, Springtown/Sulphur Springs, 2004-06

9. 547-Koy Detmer, Mission, 1989-91

10. 536-Colt McCoy, Tuscola Jim Ned, 2002-04

Guest 5starboss

you sound like matt leinart after the rose bowl in 2005.  69-49. you're full of crap.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317