Another Smart Move (Yea) By The WOS School Board

Guest wos grad

Guest jackbquick

is wo-s the only open campus in orange county :o i did not know this

I don't know if there are any other schools in Orange County, but the reason they are an open campus is because their state testing scores are so low, not a good thing imo.

There are 4 other districts in Orange County!

Ok my mistake, didn't make it clear enough. Thanks for making that clear td, noticed you do like to find errors in peoples posts and point them out. I meant don't know if there are any other schools in Orange county that are also open campuses.

I don't like to find errors in other peoples post and point them out. However if I post something that isn't accurate i, unlike you would appreciate someone pointing out my mistake. Don't take it personal. Do you really want to be making post that are inaccurate? I would hope not. I'm not sure how anyone would be expected to "know" what you meant. All we can do is read your post and interpret it. I for one am not a mind reader. So relax no one is on here or should I say I'm not on here to try to find mistakes in your post. But please feel free to correct any mistakes that I make because I do make them.

Ok I took your first statement as sarcastic, but if it was not meant that way then I apologize for my remarks. If I am ever inaccurate on information, I do not mind being corrected.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the re vote will go the other way!

Is this bus issue actually on the agenda for the next school board meeting or was the DS's statement of "it's still up for discussion" just a way to calm the waters for a little while until this blows over?

Change of any kind is usually hard, especially after 20-30 years.  I'm not sure that I agree with the buses running...but obviously it's a huge issue to the citizens of the WOS district.  Good luck in your appeal and in your fight for what you feel is the right thing to do for your kids.   

Hopefully the re vote will go the other way!

Is this bus issue actually on the agenda for the next school board meeting or was the DS's statement of "it's still up for discussion" just a way to calm the waters for a little while until this blows over?

Change of any kind is usually hard, especially after 20-30 years.  I'm not sure that I agree with the buses running...but obviously it's a huge issue to the citizens of the WOS district.  Good luck in your appeal and in your fight for what you feel is the right thing to do for your kids.   

There is probably alot more that you wouldn't agree with also. They voted to stop running the buses at the last meeting. They said they would continue to talk about it which wasn't a very clear answer. I asked specifically if it would be put back on the agenda for January and was told yes. At first I think they were trying to calm the waters and when it was pointed out that they didn't even know what the true cost was, hopefully they starting rethinking what they voted on. At the very least they will either be able to uphold the decision they made or reverse it with some confidence in what they are voting on.

I been kinda out of the loop for the past 20 or so years, (a career in the military will do that) but it seems like the WOC school board. and administration is nowhere near what is was when my brother and sister went there in the 70's and i went in the 80's. Not wanting to bash them but when did things start going downhill?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline