Now The Everman Coach

smitty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with their tradition PN-G has a lot to offer.  Plus, I have always felt that offered the right package anyone would leave.  But, one never knows until one ask. 

Now the PN-G faithful can contact the Everman coach and see if he would be interested.  Remember, don't leave anything to chance.  But don't limit yourself to just this one. 

Why would you leave Everman for PNG?

your crazy to think he would leave Everman for PNG. Everman has has a load of talent and is one of the best 4A schools in the state every year. Also the Dallas area is the best place to coach in the state and hes not gonna leave their for southeast texas. Dallas has more money, better facilitys and more athletes. If he was to leave Everman it would have to be for a HUGE some of money and a great chance to be successful. Put yourself in other coaches shoes and think before you make these crazy post.

If smitty was on  PNG's school board here would be the people he would go after.

Chad Morris - Lake Travis

Steve Lineweaver - Euless Trinty

Tom Westerberg - Allen

Celina - Butch Ford

Jeff Dicus - Duncanville

Randy Allen - Highland Park

Everman - Dale Keeling

Hey smitty if I was you I would just do it myself and start calling these guys, sending them e-mails proclaiming that PNG is so tradition rich that they should leave their current jobs for the real prized program out there. lol You might want Major Applewhite to come apply for the job or Will Musechamp.

Who says I haven't?  There are some here I might/might not call.  But how does one know that they wouldn't be interested if one doesn't ask?  Just think about it, if they aren't interested maybe they can give you some good leads on who might be.  See where I'm going here?  Sometimes you can't wait for things to happen you have to go and make them happen.  I sure would be awfully disappointed if the school I supported went 0-10 and found out later that one of these coaches would have been interested.  I know some would say if they were interested they would have applied.  But trust me, it doesn't always work that way.  Again, it's always good to ask.  How does that hurt?!

PS - I could see three on your list that might would make the move.

If smitty was on  PNG's school board here would be the people he would go after.

Chad Morris - Lake Travis

Steve Lineweaver - Euless Trinty

Tom Westerberg - Allen

Celina - Butch Ford

Jeff Dicus - Duncanville

Randy Allen - Highland Park

Everman - Dale Keeling

Hey smitty if I was you I would just do it myself and start calling these guys, sending them e-mails proclaiming that PNG is so tradition rich that they should leave their current jobs for the real prized program out there. lol You might want Major Applewhite to come apply for the job or Will Musechamp.

I cannot talk about what Coach Keeling will or will not do.  Wherever he is, he will be successful.  I can tell you that Everman's facility (other than the playing field) is not very nice.....YET!!!!!  You should see what they are doing to it now though.  It will be top notch.  WTB is correct, the Metro-plex is the place to be as a coach.  The talent, the facilities, the competition.......Some of the schools down there should bring a group of folks up the D/FW.  Go to Aledo, Everman, Lancaster, Hachie, the list goes on.....Atheltics is an important part of the school program and it shows in their facilities and schools......I can promise you, PNG will not offer any more to  any head coach in the D/FW area than he already has and then some.....

explain why they would be interested? all of these schools pay equal or more. most pay more. Facility's- all of these schools have just as good or better or will be getting better facility's(majority of Dallas area schools have field turf). all of these schools are in places that are more appealing to coaches than PNG would be(nicer places to live). And all of these schools have better athletes.

PNG is a good job for a small school guy, former PNG guy or a coordinator looking for a nice promotion but the fact is its not what it once was. People are leaving the area because they are tired of hurricanes and their isn't as many job opportunity's. PNG's talent pool is getting smaller. PNG should be all over Mike Long, Alvin Creadur, Larry Haynes, and so on. You would have a good shot with all 3 and they would improve your program.

LU, I like a positive thinker like yourself.  When you think outside the box, other people tend to get a little confused.  But don't let their confusion get you down,  True, you may not get what you want, but no one can say you didn't do your part.  

smity,i like your style.nothing wrong with shooting for the stars.we may not get the star but were dang sure gonna get a great coach.

explain why they would be interested? all of these schools pay equal or more. most pay more. Facility's- all of these schools have just as good or better or will be getting better facility's(majority of Dallas area schools have field turf). all of these schools are in places that are more appealing to coaches than PNG would be(nicer places to live). And all of these schools have better athletes.

PNG is a good job for a small school guy, former PNG guy or a coordinator looking for a nice promotion but the fact is its not what it once was. People are leaving the area because they are tired of hurricanes and their isn't as many job opportunity's. PNG's talent pool is getting smaller. PNG should be all over Mike Long, Alvin Creadur, Larry Haynes, and so on. You would have a good shot with all 3 and they would improve your program.

png had more kids out for football than our area 5a schools.we had over 300 kids in the middle schools out for football.the pool aint that shallow.homes are being built all over port neches and you dont see many for sale signs in png.we justneed the right coach to get us back on track.

WTB, I'll grant you the hurricane situation.  You may be right.  But, again, if the package is right I feel some would come.  Now some of those names probably would not be interested.  But as I said before, they may turn you on to a good coach that might be, that no on has thought about.  I can't see anything wrong with having conversations with these people.  

All this may be true.  But, in the back of my mind I would hate to think that I didn't make the call to see for sure.  Stranger thinks have been known to happen.

I doubt Keeling leaves Everman but PNG has the traditon and backing to get a good coach. Everman is building the Taj Mahal of fieldhouses and weightrooms right now doubt he leaves before its done since it has his name on it.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho