WOS Junior Blue - Super Bowl Champion

Congrats to all Junior Blue kids, parents, and coaches. Queen B get well, sorry to hear about your car wreck on the way to the game. You were definately missed and I hope and pray you and yours dont hurt too much. Also congrats, to the PeeWee Stangs who took home the gold as well.

Also, I just want to say that both Lumberton teams played with a lot of heart and never gave up. They are both great teams and those kids, parents, and coaches are to be commended as well.

I would like to congratulate the WOS Junior Blue team on their Super Bowl Championship. It was a very exciting game from start to finish. I would like to also send a special shout out to #94. He was a one man wrecking crew. I believe both teams showed great character, enthusiasm, and sportsmanship. We look forward to the rematch next year!

Good Job WOS!!! You fellas came to play today. Thought we had you on the run at the 1st half... Not sure what was said to your team at halftime but I'd like to get a copy of that script.  :D

I'd sure hate to dissapoint NewIndian but Coach Rod we'll be ready for the rematch next year!

On a personal note: QueenB I had heard that Rod wanted to talk to me when I got there about a players mom in a wreck, but I didn't know it was you. I was looking for you at the end to shake your hand since you didn't get a chance a couple of weeks ago. Anyways I hope your ok and get to feeling better soon.

Thank you all.  Yes, I missed the game because my husband, my oldest son, and I were involved in a wreck on the way to the game.  I was brough to the hospital and was released with a bruised sturnum.  They were concerned that it might have been broken but the seatbelt saved me from getting hurt worse.  I'm okay, just very, very, very sore right now with a major headache.

I am currently, as I am typing, watching the game now!  Wow!!! Looks like everyone played with all heart.  As all moms, I am brought to tears when I see my son on the TV.  This is def. something that all of the kids will remember.

Congrats to all .. and again, thank you for the kind words and concern for my health.  Nothing is gonna stop me from being at the end of year party Monday night (I think!)

Queen

QueenB,

Speaking of tears, I dropped a few myself when they told your son about the wreck....but I made sure that he was ok and I told him that he had to go out there and do his best just like he would if you were there.  I can tell you this we have some good kids on the Jr. Blue team all of the kids made sure he was ok....and Dillon and Demarcus asked him how you were doing at CiCis.  They all sat at a table together and they ate and laughed and ate some more....Thanks for being a great team mom!!!

Get well soon Queenb. BigWorm you are right there a re some great kids on the Jr blue team. Not only that I want to take it a little farther. We have had great kids and parents through out the Lil Mustang organization. I'm very proud of every team that we put on the field. Not just the ones that won the Super Bowl but everyone of them. With that being said I want to thank our president for putting the Lil Mustangs together. We don't always see eye to eye but I do respect the hard work and effort that he puts in. Thanks to all of the coaches from flag to senior. A job well done. Time to go play baseball now. See you in a couple of weeks, Rod.

Yes, he told me about everyone eating, eating, and did I mention eating? ha ha  I cried watching the game and my heart swelled with pride watching "my boys" win.  I just wish I could have seen Rod get the water bath! Think we can  have a repeat just for me? ha ha ha

SHhhhhh, don't tell my boys, but I just ordered 3 dozen cupcakes (blue & white icing), I found an umpire pinata with his arms up representing a touchdown, football goodie bags, and candy, candy, candy for both the pinata and goodie bags.

If anyone can think of something else that I can provide for the kids, let me know.

So happy your Ok QUEEN, YOUR the best team mom...

Yes, he told me about everyone eating, eating, and did I mention eating? ha ha  I cried watching the game and my heart swelled with pride watching "my boys" win.  I just wish I could have seen Rod get the water bath! Think we can  have a repeat just for me? ha ha ha

SHhhhhh, don't tell my boys, but I just ordered 3 dozen cupcakes (blue & white icing), I found an umpire pinata with his arms up representing a touchdown, football goodie bags, and candy, candy, candy for both the pinata and goodie bags.

If anyone can think of something else that I can provide for the kids, let me know.

I am certainly glad that we (Jr. Blue) could come together at the right time and play the right way. I have learned more than you know this year with the coaching staff, parents, team mom and just dealing with it all. I don't know if you all know how hard it is to keep being that "Always there" daddy on the home front, and being a coach for 24 kids on your team. (MUCH LOVE AND APPRECIATION TO MY PATIENT WIFE.. BRANDY LYNN ROBERTSON for all of your help and patience listening to me on the phone talking about football, and just for being there for me and my son.)  he whole thing in a nutshell is this.... The people that know me, (or have grown to know me) should know that I am the one person that usually tries to shy away from confrontation. My confrontations have been many this year, and I thank the lord for his grace and mercy for all of them. I also thank him for the patience factor he has instilled in my everyday life. I have come to believe, that if you let the kids do it... Everything will be alright. I have to let you know that I am greatful for all of the memories that I will carry for a lifetime. I love the competition, the talking amongst friends, the "EVERYTHING" about it all. I have been blessed to play with pro athletes, and I must say... I think this year tops hitting homeruns off of Jeff Reardon, Greg Maddux and Dave Stieb. Also, robbing Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla of basehits up the middle in the same game. So again, thanks fellas. Special thanks go to my coaching staff who came out and devoted their time and help. They include Eric Guillory, Coach Ed Ivory, Coach Spencer,  Coach Jessie Bias (#25 RB @ WOS in the Hey-Day), Coach Quenton Tezeno (the only #23 from WOS), the always supportive Ricky Blagburn and his mom, Gary Beach, Coach Shalynn, Coach Marcus Teal, the one and only supportive Minister Mims, John Hardin, and the best "Team Mom" known to the Lil' Mustangs... Glenda Beach. No matter what everybody said all year and after the super bowl, I say, "THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES, SUPPORT, FAITH AND THE OPPPORTUNITY TO BE THE HEAD COACH OF THE 2008 JR. DIVISION SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!" Hats off to the Raiders for a great game, your team and coaching staff have class. and TD.. I will see you after the holidays. Thanks for the opportunity to give back, I have acheived my goal. GO 'HEAD ON BLUE!

Rod, I want to personally thank you for having the faith in my kids to play them. You were always fair and you and the rest of the coaches are among the best people I have ever met. I never really knew how good Aaron was until I saw how he dominated his blocks on the tape. Being his and Darren's first year, they learned everything from the coaches. Thanks again, you guys are the best. I hope they can all play together in high school. Who knows they may even play senior next year.

I am certainly glad that we (Jr. Blue) could come together at the right time and play the right way. I have learned more than you know this year with the coaching staff, parents, team mom and just dealing with it all. I don't know if you all know how hard it is to keep being that "Always there" daddy on the home front, and being a coach for 24 kids on your team. (MUCH LOVE AND APPRECIATION TO MY PATIENT WIFE.. BRANDY LYNN ROBERTSON for all of your help and patience listening to me on the phone talking about football, and just for being there for me and my son.)  he whole thing in a nutshell is this.... The people that know me, (or have grown to know me) should know that I am the one person that usually tries to shy away from confrontation. My confrontations have been many this year, and I thank the lord for his grace and mercy for all of them. I also thank him for the patience factor he has instilled in my everyday life. I have come to believe, that if you let the kids do it... Everything will be alright. I have to let you know that I am greatful for all of the memories that I will carry for a lifetime. I love the competition, the talking amongst friends, the "EVERYTHING" about it all. I have been blessed to play with pro athletes, and I must say... I think this year tops hitting homeruns off of Jeff Reardon, Greg Maddux and Dave Stieb. Also, robbing Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla of basehits up the middle in the same game. So again, thanks fellas. Special thanks go to my coaching staff who came out and devoted their time and help. They include Eric Guillory, Coach Ed Ivory, Coach Spencer,  Coach Jessie Bias (#25 RB @ WOS in the Hey-Day), Coach Quenton Tezeno (the only #23 from WOS), the always supportive Ricky Blagburn and his mom, Gary Beach, Coach Shalynn, Coach Marcus Teal, the one and only supportive Minister Mims, John Hardin, and the best "Team Mom" known to the Lil' Mustangs... Glenda Beach. No matter what everybody said all year and after the super bowl, I say, "THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES, SUPPORT, FAITH AND THE OPPPORTUNITY TO BE THE HEAD COACH OF THE 2008 JR. DIVISION SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!" Hats off to the Raiders for a great game, your team and coaching staff have class. and TD.. I will see you after the holidays. Thanks for the opportunity to give back, I have acheived my goal. GO 'HEAD ON BLUE!

All I can say Rod is I have known you for a long time - dating back to when you and Jimmy would hang out in his backyard.  You have been with my family through some very rough times including when Jimmy lost Joel.  Yes, we all went our separate ways and lost contact through the years, but when I found out that YOU were his coach, I knew he would be in good hands and would be taught by the best.  I never had a doubt that you would make a football player out of him considering he had NEVER played before.  You gave him confidence in himself and the belief that he COULD do it.  You trusted him and never talked down to him.  Thanks Rod. 

Quentin: Hey, what can I say .. you are the man! Thanks for the laughs and one-on-one chats on the sidelines. 

Ricky: What can I say besides thank you.  You have seen Gary grow through the years.  I think he was, what, 5 when we met at the baseball fields?  We even had the chance to coach baseball together; now THAT is something to remember huh?  Anyway, you know how I feel about it all and I look forward to our kids playing football with each other again (or baseball if they play with Andrew).

To the other coaches: THANK YOU TOO!  I appreciate all that you did for Gary and the kindness shown to me.  Looking forward to it all again next year (minus the car wreck!)

Good Job WOS!!! You fellas came to play today. Thought we had you on the run at the 1st half... Not sure what was said to your team at halftime but I'd like to get a copy of that script.  :D

I'd sure hate to dissapoint NewIndian but Coach Rod we'll be ready for the rematch next year!

On a personal note: QueenB I had heard that Rod wanted to talk to me when I got there about a players mom in a wreck, but I didn't know it was you. I was looking for you at the end to shake your hand since you didn't get a chance a couple of weeks ago. Anyways I hope your ok and get to feeling better soon.

And so will we, and so will we

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder