*H-J tournament updates/scores/WO-S WINS TOUNREY*

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to the thank Hj folks for a well run organized tourney.  I talked to folks from just about every team there and they were very nice.  We even had some of them rooting for us out of towners on Saturday.  Been a while since Sabine left a tourney without some team hardware but I think the intensity and competition will help Sabine down the road in the 2A playoffs.  Good luck to all the teams the rest of the season!

PS Anyone that saw Sabine play and have seen Kountz or New Waverly let me know how you think we stack up with them.

I wanted to the thank Hj folks for a well run organized tourney.  I talked to folks from just about every team there and they were very nice.  We even had some of them rooting for us out of towners on Saturday.  Been a while since Sabine left a tourney without some team hardware but I think the intensity and competition will help Sabine down the road in the 2A playoffs.  Good luck to all the teams the rest of the season!

PS Anyone that saw Sabine play and have seen Kountz or New Waverly let me know how you think we stack up with them.

New Waverly definetly the better team. I'll put you guys ahead of Kountze though.

New Waverly definetly the better team. I'll put you guys ahead of Kountze though.

Who did you see New Waverly play?  So in your opinion New Waverly is better than HJ?

I saw my Silsbee Tigers beat New Waverly at the Big Sandy tourney, 70-60.

I think HJ and New Waverly are very closely matched.

Just trying to follow your logic of how New Waverly is "definitely" better if HJ and them are evenly matched and Sabine played HJ 2 close games at their place.  Just trying to figure out what makes them better?

I don't think Kountze will give you much of a problem but I havnt seen NW play so I don't know much about them.

I find it very amusing that all the bashers from Silsbee are looking for ANY reason to be on HJ.  Silsbee has been in the regional finals the last two years (one of those making it to state).  However, these same Silsbee fans have easily forgotten that those Silsbee teams that were so very good during district and the playoffs were also the exact same Silsbee teams that BARELY beat (a couple of points) MILBURN ACADEMY in the Orangefield tournament early in BOTH of those seasons.  HJ, over the last 3 years, during their first 16 games has gone 15-1, 15-1, and 13-3 this year and I hear quotes like "they are taking lumps" and they have some "growing up to do".  Geez, it is amazing what success does to some people/haters.  HJ has lost 3 games to Nederland, Central, and Kingwood Park.  I would say given the results of this past weekend that the loss to Nederland ain't lookin' so shabby now and HJ was 3 days out of football at that point.  All 3 of those losses are to 4A playoff teams.  If these are the "growing pains" that we must endure then I like the direction this season is going and the prospects of how it will end up.

you guys are right it is ridiculous for anyone to question the mighty hawks they can lose a game and move up in the rankings to #7 in the state polls..imma and granny23 that is out of line you, guys bashing HJ, please be nice to them..they are headed in the right direction..while Silsbee continues to deteriorate

I find it very amusing that all the bashers from Silsbee are looking for ANY reason to be on HJ.  Silsbee has been in the regional finals the last two years (one of those making it to state).  However, these same Silsbee fans have easily forgotten that those Silsbee teams that were so very good during district and the playoffs were also the exact same Silsbee teams that BARELY beat (a couple of points) MILBURN ACADEMY in the Orangefield tournament early in BOTH of those seasons.  HJ, over the last 3 years, during their first 16 games has gone 15-1, 15-1, and 13-3 this year and I hear quotes like "they are taking lumps" and they have some "growing up to do".  Geez, it is amazing what success does to some people/haters.  HJ has lost 3 games to Nederland, Central, and Kingwood Park.  I would say given the results of this past weekend that the loss to Nederland ain't lookin' so shabby now and HJ was 3 days out of football at that point.  All 3 of those losses are to 4A playoff teams.  If these are the "growing pains" that we must endure then I like the direction this season is going and the prospects of how it will end up.

you guys are right it is ridiculous for anyone to question the mighty hawks they can lose a game and move up in the rankings to #7 in the state polls..imma and granny23 that is out of line you, guys bashing HJ, please be nice to them..they are headed in the right direction..while Silsbee continues to deteriorate

I think both teams are headed in the right direction. They have both played good teams this season and have had losses but they will both be ready for disctrict and state.

Sometimes I wish that our teams were in different regions. They are both so good it is a shame for only one of them to get past region. If they were to play at a later game in the playoffs, Im sure it would be a better game.

Guest Pissedoffgranny23

New waverly would beat hj bye 20...hawks are pitiful this year how many times do I have 2 say this????

HJ lost bye 7 to central and silsbee beat central bye 21 having a bad game...come on folks ???

And lets not forget Silsbee played at Central and HJ played them on neutral court

I never stated that HJ was better than Silsbee.

At this point in time I believe that Silsbee is better and I would be willing to say that yall are a stateworthy team.

i agree.  that being said, both teams' results against Central are pretty irrelevant, and will be even more so when district starts.  i'm looking forward to seeing these two teams face off head to head. 

Hey guys over the past few years silsbee schedule's have been tough and i think this years schedule is the toughest we beat central by 21 kountze by 26 kelly by 22 legacy by 39 came fron 17 down late lost to ozen by 1 and i don't know what happen against sanger and beat fw christan by 33 plus we still have westbrook  but i like their schedule its tough we have had good sucess against bigger school since we were in 4a even when we beat aldine with that superstar that they had a few years ago we have always played a 4a 5a schedule trust this team has had a let down or 2 so far but this team is still young in some areas and has a very deep bench like i said before no disrepect to hj,of,or wos. hj you already know that these 2 teams have had great battles against each other which makes it a great rivalry some people told me after hj beat silsbee in the montange center last year that silsbee would not make it to the second round and never get a rematch against hj in regionals and look what happen silsbee is a great basketball school just like hj and the year hj did win state it took you guys overtime to do it against us that game to me was the state championship either one of us could have won that year i really think that we have the team that can win it all the key is staying focus and winning every game one game at a time so guys lets just sit back and enjoy each and every game that these 2 eams will provide for us all when it comes to these 2 teams it will be a war.                                                                                                                                  GOOD LUCK TIGERS ALL THE WAY TO STATE!   

no one said anything about Silsbee "deteriorating"

Silsbee should be ahead of the game, they have everyone back from last year's team

go ahead imma and pogranny keep on keepin on, HJ just had to go out and buy 2 more new bulletin boards to keep up

Believe me Lazeek, I am with you on all this back and forth Silsbee-HJ talk. But, it doesn't look good if the HJ players and coaches are concerned with what fans are saying about them. Now, if the Tiger players and coaches were making these comments, that definetly would be bulletin board material. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami