*H-J tournament updates/scores/WO-S WINS TOUNREY*

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wos grad

Source kogt

The WOS Mustangs won the H-J Tournament, beating Kingwood Park 44-43 after winning a double overtime affair with Gladewater Sabine in the semis 61-57.  Qwest Watson was named Tournament MVP and Donte Green was selected to the All-Tournament Team.

Guest immabeaking

there is no garuntee's didnt Silsbee just lose to a unranked 3A team.....we will just wait and see. It will be as good battle for ALL of the spots in the playoffs.

didnt yall just just lose yalls own tourney and hasnt everyone of yalls loses been to unranked teams Sanger is 11-3 not 5-5 they probably should be ranked at least higher than yall

there is no garuntee's didnt Silsbee just lose to a unranked 3A team.....we will just wait and see. It will be as good battle for ALL of the spots in the playoffs.

didnt yall just just lose yalls own tourney and hasnt everyone of yalls loses been to unranked teams Sanger is 11-3 not 5-5 they probably should be ranked at least higher than yall

all things aside, are you capable of making a post other than those criticizing any team that isn't silsbee?  it seems like all you post about is how terrible HJ is.  Pretty much every HJ fan i've seen on here has given Silsbee credit for being a great team, and said that HJ has a young team that will take some time to grow.  you and pissedoffgranny find a way to turn every thread in the basketball forum involving HJ into a thread about how great Silsbee is and how bad HJ is.

Guest immabeaking

its true i dont post about anything else... but its for all the years past when HJ talk so much garbage... and i talk about how bad silsbee plays too lately theyve sucked like their win over Central not really as convincing as it shouldve been and the 1 point lose to Ozen shouldve been the other were they really didnt play good at that game and i said that... but you gotta give me credit im loyal and i havent said anything on this thread i just saw whoever that was say something so i respended i really dont care about the other teams i only stand up for my own

All of HJ's losses have been to decent 4A schools (Nederland 79-63, Central 68-61, Kingwood Park 59-53).  What concerns me about my Hawks is how inconsistent our intensity has been.  When we have put it all out on the court, like vs. Barber's Hill, HJ has looked Austin-worthy.  Other games left me worried about whether we'd make the playoffs this year-- seriously!  Anyway, it's still essentially preseason.  We're 13-3, a little dinged-up and sickly (probably about like everyone else), and we still have some learning to do.  I think we have some un-tapped (nice pun, eh?  ::)) talent that will develop over the next couple months.  Here's hoping we peak come playoff time!

I find it very amusing that all the bashers from Silsbee are looking for ANY reason to be on HJ.  Silsbee has been in the regional finals the last two years (one of those making it to state).  However, these same Silsbee fans have easily forgotten that those Silsbee teams that were so very good during district and the playoffs were also the exact same Silsbee teams that BARELY beat (a couple of points) MILBURN ACADEMY in the Orangefield tournament early in BOTH of those seasons.  HJ, over the last 3 years, during their first 16 games has gone 15-1, 15-1, and 13-3 this year and I hear quotes like "they are taking lumps" and they have some "growing up to do".  Geez, it is amazing what success does to some people/haters.  HJ has lost 3 games to Nederland, Central, and Kingwood Park.  I would say given the results of this past weekend that the loss to Nederland ain't lookin' so shabby now and HJ was 3 days out of football at that point.  All 3 of those losses are to 4A playoff teams.  If these are the "growing pains" that we must endure then I like the direction this season is going and the prospects of how it will end up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124