***Ernesto Track***

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like to look at http://www.wunderground.com . I use this and several other resources with my 5th grade Science students on weather (which we are actually covering now). But I have a question for you, COOP. A friend and I were having a discussion about the models that weather underground shows. He says that there are some more trusted than others. Is this the case? He started showing me some of the historical models that each had run and it seemed that a couple of them were closer than the others more often than not. Are there any particular models that you trust more than others? Are some models more accurate at certain types of forecasts (i.e. long range) while others are better at a different type of forecast (short range)? Just something I have been thinking about and wanted to see if I could get an expert opinion on it.

From the latest discussion...

...THERE IS A CHANCE THAT ERNESTO COULD BE MUCH STRONGER THAN CURRENTLY FORECAST OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO.

What? First it was gonna' tank, now it's gonna' be a bad 'cane. Please explain O Wise One! :wink:

From www.weather.com:

Tropical Storm Ernesto continues to slowly strengthen as of late Friday evening and The National Hurricane Center has now posted tropical storm warnings for the southwestern peninsula of Haiti. A tropical storm watch remains in effect for the island of Jamaica.

Satellite imagery continues to suggest strengthening of the system. Ernesto is moving west-northwest and this general motion is expected to continue through the weekend. There is still some uncertainty with the exact track and intensity of the storm. Currently an upper low out ahead of the storm is creating strong westerly shear in its future path, which would create unfavorable conditions to support the system. However, current forecast information indicates that these unfavorable conditions will lessen in time, leading to further development.

While the bulk of the heavier squalls will remain south of the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, a few outer bands will generate some heavier downpours and gusty conditions in these areas through Saturday. By Sunday, heavy squalls and gusty winds will begin to impact parts of Hispaniola and Jamaica. Ernesto may begin to threaten the Gulf of Mexico by early next week. For now, interests along the Gulf Coast states should simply monitor and be aware of the system. Stay tuned to The Weather Cannel's Hurricane Central for the latest updates.

if this thing comes up into la again' date=' I will be pissed....you hear? So Coop get all your go away dances going and move this thing on out :o[/quote']

Yeah...what he said! Please, Mr. Cooper, please make it stop!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin