4 9/29/2006 @ Hamshire-Fannett* 7:30

5 10/06/2006 Kirbyville* 7:30

6 10/13/2006 Hardin-Jefferson** (Homecoming) 7:30

7 10/20/2006 @ Silsbee* 7:30

8 10/27/2006 Jasper* 7:30

9 11/03/2006 @ Orangefield* 7:30

10 11/10/2006 Bridge City* 7:30

Guest GoStangs

There's a good chance two of those three predistrict teams (Dayton and Bay City) could be champions of their 4A district; if not, they are at least teams with a lot of postseason experience and should be playoff contenders this year, as well. I don't know of any local 4A schools that are playing 5A teams that consistently make the playoffs as much as Bay City or Dayton, much less scheduling 5A teams that have the potential to be district champs...

We schedule difficult teams for a reason. You can only get better if you push yourself to the limit. This schedule is a lot "weaker" than the past and I don't think we're "due" anything less, but obviously our strength of schedule and a really strong district....has gotten us ready for the playoffs. I would rather skip the LC-M and Vidor games, but I don't get paid to make those decisions. Just be thankful that Nederland is not on our list!!! :wink:

Guest GoStangs

My thought about predistrict competition is a little different than most. I just think you should play the best competition available for a number of reasons.

First, a good team is going to exploit your weaknesses and give you a better idea of what needs improving or fixing for the more important games. The idea of predistrict is to prepare the team for district play, and with a district as solid as ours is now, you'd better be ready for the competition you're going to face who are doing everything they can to make sure you don't make the playoffs.

Second, the game is both physical and mental. If you play and beat solid teams, you've actually accomplished something significant vs. beating a team everyone knows shouldn't be on the field with your team; if you lose, the loss isn't as devestating as losing to a team that everyone feels isn't strong, and if the loss is close, you go away feeling like you can at least play with the elite teams. In other words, confidence is gained if you win or at least play close, and if you lose big, it's generally not a confidence destroyer. Beating weaker teams helps doesn't do much for a team's confidence, as those are teams everyone thinks you're supposed to beat; however, losing to them is a very big deal. You have a lot more to lose than to win by playing a soft predistrict schedule.

Playing weaker teams doesn't do anything to prevent any player from getting hurt. Unfortunately, injuries occur in practice, warm-ups, playing good teams, or playing not-so-good teams. If a team is ducking competition because they're worried about getting someone hurt, they're in for a real problem when they lose a player to an injury in a game against a soft team, which wasn't going to help their team very much in the long run, anyway...

2006 WOS Mustangs Football Schedule

8/19/2006 Barbers Hill - Scrimmage (Saturday) 7:00 WOS LOSS

8/25/2006 @ Vidor - Scrimmage 7:00 WOS WIN

0 9/01/2006 @ Dayton 7:30 WOS LOSS

1 9/08/2006 LCM 7:30 WOS WIN

2 9/16/2006 Bay City (Saturday) Pearland 7:00 WOS LOSS

3 9/22/2006 OPEN WOS SIGH OF RELIEF

4 9/29/2006 @ Hamshire-Fannett* 7:30 WOS WIN

5 10/06/2006 Kirbyville* 7:30 WOS WIN

6 10/13/2006 Hardin-Jefferson** (Homecoming) 7:30 WOS WIN

7 10/20/2006 @ Silsbee* 7:30 WOS WIN

8 10/27/2006 Jasper* 7:30 WOS WIN

9 11/03/2006 @ Orangefield* 7:30 WOS WIN

10 11/10/2006 Bridge City* 7:30 WOS LOSS

That is a 4 Loss Season, including the scrimmages. 2nd Place in district.

Jody' date='

WOS Will be better on Defense and that's scary..Almost as good on Offense. I'll bet you 2,000 bucks we don't have 4 loses...[/quote']

They have to get better, I mean up is the only way to go. :lol:

I am almost certain of 3 losses, with one being a question mark. I say one or two losses in district play. Dayton will thump WOS if their running game is as strong as it has been in recent years. We al know what BH will do, even if it is a scrimmage. :D

Guest GoStangs

Dayton has a good running game, but in last year's 4 qtr. game situation scrimmage, they had a difficult time moving the ball. I think they are definitely a good team, though, and they have lots of weapons, including a very strong defense. Should be a great game.

The Blackcats will be muched improved.They will be young looking at 4/8 starters coming back,as much as 8/8 jrs starting.Lots of size on defense de s mason 6-5 225, dt m smith 6-1 260,ng w smith 5-10 230,dt m kimberling 6-4 275,de z mahburger 6-3 210.They may start off slow new qb and rb have to come thru but they will be alright,defense will carry them db returning p ellis 5-9 160,s z benson 5-11 180 , f agu 6-0 160, cj patterson 6-0 160 all with good speed all jr's.

Jody: WO-S was better tahn BH last year and I am sure they will be bette than BH this year. BH is a joke team take it from someone who has played against both. you are embarassing yourself here. i wish we were in a district that BH is in. we would be second place at worst with BH staying home.

Jody: WO-S was better tahn BH last year and I am sure they will be bette than BH this year. BH is a joke team take it from someone who has played against both. you are embarassing yourself here. i wish we were in a district that BH is in. we would be second place at worst with BH staying home.

Come on man you won on a last second field goal Against our back up QB! It's not like you beat us by forty. Kville's Coaches know BH's Weakness and they exploit it to the max.

I think his point is that WO-S beat them by almost 40' date=' and so did Jasper.[/quote']

First off WOS played them in a Scrimmage Big Difference. Second It would be nice to compare teams that way, but it is not always accurate. Example 2004 season BC takes WOS into OT then the very next game BH takes BC to the Wood Shed. Does this equal a BH win of WOS? Of course not! Because the very next game Kville beats BH although BC killed Kville around mid season. My point is that teams match up different against other teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell