*OF 80 Deweyville 46 In Scrimmage*

KFDM COOP

I dont believe that was the score. I watched the scrimmage and it was closer than that.Orangefield won the scrimmage but it was more like 60 to 80. That was the first time those boys have played together this year. Deweyville has had one practice with the football boys. When they shook off the cobwebs they really started to look good.

Deweyville will struggle this year after losing Bland and Jackson to graduation.Caswell should do pretty well on the offensive end but they will hurt at the guard position and the post play will be non existant,O-field on the other hand is about ready to move up to the upper end of the food chain with Silsbee and HJ.

The post play wont be as good as when bland was there, but it wont be non existant. They have a decent player in Estes. He was rusty tuesday night after having only one practice. And as far as guard, Seth Williams did a good job getting the ball down the court.

we did loose big time in Bland and Jackson, we will miss them!!  But to say we will lack in the guard position or forward position, or that the post play will be non-existent...you are mis-informed!!  Apparently, you have not seen Avilla, Addison or Williams play!!  Post play will be manned by Estes, he may not be a Kevin Bland but he can handle his own.  You won't find a better Point Guard than Caswell.  And to back that up, they have a good bench, young but good. 

Tuesday night, those boys had practiced only 1 time together.  Monday.  I would say they started "gellin" by the end of the scrimmage.

Hang in there Pirates!!  If you read these posts, focus on the positive, not the negative...Don't let somebody dictate your season before you even get started!!

Well said oldyeller21. I agree completely. For someone to already have the pirates doomed after their first scrimmage with the whole team able to get on the court is just ridiculous. We will have our ups and downs but I think we will be fine when district rolls around. Go Pirates.!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say the Pirates were doomed ,I said they will struggle at the guard position and the post play will be non existant.There are a lot of area teams who are successful without dominant post play.If Deweyville is successful it will be because they find a way to win without post play.I was simply comparing this score to last years game against O-field when the Pirates more than held their own,may have even won I can't remember but I know it was close.Orangefiel has just finished their football season also so both clubs were just getting started.I have watched the players you named quite a bit and hope they do well ,but you know as well as I do they will miss Bland and Jackson terribly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa