The Slot t offense/CALDWELL RUNS IT WELL!

GUNHO

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are talking about the #1 defense in 3A in the state of Texas, they will be ok.  The question may be how well Caldwell handles the WO-S offense which I believe is getting close to clicking, and if that does happen my advice to whomever may be in the way is to "BE SOMEWHERE ELSE."

Like I've posted several times before..  We're averaging a margin of victory of over 40 points per game which is unheard of at WO-S (no previous squad has had a MOV of more than 30 at this point in the season).  We've traditionally relied on our very strong defense to get us through and tend to get burned mainly by teams with strong defenses (rather than strong offenses, Wimberley '05 being the only exception that I can think of).  As our offense is scoring more than 10 points per game more than any other prior WO-S team, I'm feeling pretty good about our chances in the future. 

Please don't write off Caldwell, Gilmer or Carthage (or anyone else) but since Caldwell, Gilmer and Carthage (likely opponents in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds respectively) are primarily offense-oriented teams (all of them allowing 14+ points per game on defense) I'm thinking WO-S should have the definite advantage since all three teams will be playing into what WO-S does best, which is frustrating high-powered offenses (remember that Coldspring was averaging over 35 points per game and we held them to 8 despite two turnovers).  I'm predicting that when any of the three find out that they can't just waltz up and down the field like they've been used to all season that they will quickly get frustrated and from that point on WO-S will DOMINATE.

Good luck 'stangs!

;D

When WOS87 speaks we better listen...Good post..I look forward to when you post WOS87..always has the stats and knows what he is talking about..

how much more presser can these  kids at west orange-stark take. these kids have played kids twice there size still made no diffrence.this note is for those kids that are 6ft 4 are 5 and looks like thay should be playing pro ball , just ask a mustang kid he will tell you who cares.these kids are coached by some of the best around .the coaching staff at wo-s will not let there kids down and the kids at wo-s will not let the coaching staff down watch and see

WOS87, I sure hope you are correct.

Guys, you must also remember that, when we scrimmaged Vidor, we did not have Stephen Cook or Jacory Roberts (both our starting defensive tackles). We have shown repeatedly, including against CS, that we are not soft in the middle. Even without those two, we still did not give up any points to Vidor until late in the 3rd period when we started getting tired (due to missing 2 lineman in the rotation and being early in the year). I think we will be OK in this one.

oh lord caldwell is loaded.i just read vans story on them looks like this might just be a run away.cladwell three kids over 1,000 yards on the ground  never seen a team with that before.i just cant see enyone stopping them, maybe turn overs will slow them down how in this world can u stop something like what caldwell has, now i am getting sick

The slot t has a number of variations and is a smashmouth type of football.  It can be hard to stop if run correctly but it also requires PERFECT execution.  A holding penalty is pretty much a drive stopper in this kind of offense and if you can get ahead early you really take them out of their game.  Third and long is a death sentence for this type of offense and quite frankly it's also about the most boring football that you'll ever see. 

From a Caldwell poster on the 3A site

I think you're going to be surprised at the chunks of yards the backs will get with this offense. You never know who the QB is going to hand off to. Woolverton alone has rushed for 500 plus yards just in the last 2 games. We are averaging well over 400 yards a game rushing. I know that something's got to give in this match-up. But if you think that you can show up, line up, and beat us you might be in for a long night.

just an interesting sidenote...last week the #1 rushing team in the NFL played the #1 rushing defense in the NFL, and we all know how that turned out. 

however, best of luck to WO-S, im looking forward to see how you guys will match up with the two best offenses in East Texas (Gilmer and Carthage) and ive seen both of them and carthage is scary good...possibly the best offense i have seen in my yrs of hs football knowledge.  have 2 RB's that are dynamite, and can throw to any eligible receiver at anytime and have a big play possibilty.  and did i mention that the o-line is quite possibly one of the best in Texas.  Man im getting excited just thinking about this matchup, Big time O vs Big time D, it dont get any better

Who did you think was better Gilmer or Carthage, i did notice that Carthage had a few struggles earlier this year.

Being from a town that played both of those schools, everything I have heard from those back home is that Carthage is down right legit.  Gilmer is dang good, but that Carthage was better and more scary.

THIS IS A NOTE TO WHOEVER #1 DONT TELL ME HOW (BIG) ARE (FAST) these other teams are the kids at wo-s have already seen it.i would put silsbee are nederland are even brookshire royal agnest them and all  would beat them  end of story. PS if you care to go see what a war zone looks like come watch friday

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder