Nederland and Magnolia who wins this one?

TheRef

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Nederland showed a lot of guts tonight, hard to say what that's worth in the score of next weeks game, but overall it's worth a lot to me as a Bulldog fan.  That's always been what's made Nederland so fun to watch in the Neumann era, we've always played with guts... and we did tonight big time.  I don't care what happens next week, Dogs earned a lot of respect back tonight.  Congrats boys, you earned it.

I was very impressed with the soph QB Tyler Smith tonight and look forward to watching him next week. Also, I was impressed with Schlett. He made some nice catches. Thanks to the coaches for finally letting Trahan kick deep. Great game by Grogan even with cramps. Also impressed by #22. Who is he?? Looking forward to watching the youngsters again next week! Great fan support for first time this season in my opinion. Team was very fired up and should carryover to next week. Great job, players, fans, and coaches!

Guest Brubaker

Sophomore class is loaded.  We've been watching Salenga, B. Jones, Kemp, and Forney all year, now we got a glimpse of T. Smith at QB and Shlett.  What they did tonight was nothing short of winning the game.  Converted a second and 15 and a second and 10 into first downs.  This class is the start of something special, we've been saying that in Nederland for a couple of years now, we got a good look at it tonight.

Guest Brubaker

Amen, kid played both ways most of the night and showed us that we'll be in good hands at rb next year.  Early in the game he wiffed on a tackle that led to the 14-0 lead and Neumann obviously challenged him to step up his game.  Couldn't hear what he was saying, but I don't think he told him good job, better luck next time.  Grant responded and played like his playoff life depended on it... and it did.  Congrats to this hard working hard nosed kid that represent what Nederland football is all about.

I was very impressed with the soph QB Tyler Smith tonight and look forward to watching him next week. Also, I was impressed with Schlett. He made some nice catches. Thanks to the coaches for finally letting Trahan kick deep. Great game by Grogan even with cramps. Also impressed by #22. Who is he?? Looking forward to watching the youngsters again next week! Great fan support for first time this season in my opinion. Team was very fired up and should carryover to next week. Great job, players, fans, and coaches!

#22 is tanner adams he is a junior that has been on jv and was brought up he really did a good job especially for his first varsity start to be in the playoffs

That was a statement game last night, Nederland stating that hey you know what it's November and we're still Nederland.  Kids really showed something on the inside last night.  Coaches didn't panick when Bellow went down and big time players made big time plays.  That was Bulldog football.  No matter what happens here on out, this win will be a springboard for the program.  Congrats to the kids.

Grant Lovelady definitely was the KEY to Nederland's win last night.  Was concerned that Grogan was cramping up all the time and could only play every other down.  Lovelady, deserves a lot more credit.  He's as good as Grogan in my book.  Need to give him more play time.  Good game Dogs!

Grogan has been in much better shape as the year has gone on, but after two 95+yard runs it understandably took it out of him.  But you're right, Lovelady is a very good runningback as well.  He was critical to our win last night on both sides of the ball.

He's as good as Grogan in my book.  Need to give him more play time.  Good game Dogs!

Good guy, but not as good as Grogan. If he was why would the coaches pull the best D-lineman we had and put him on offense? Lovelady did what he had to do when it was required of him and you have to give him credit for that, but one game does not make a career or a season. We need Grogan running the ball and we need Lovelady to knock a few RB's off their feet so that we can we can say one more week every Sunday morning!

GREAT!  This kid is one to watch!  Indians better have some kind of defense in order to stop him next year!  Best of luck to the Dogs as they continue their trek in the playoffs! Have never heard of Magnolia, but if Nederland plays like they did last night, they'll come away with the WIN!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder