Coaches

im gunna have to say maines of vidor is the best coach in the distric he was thrown into coaching soccer 2 years ago because his brother was playing knowing nothing of the game he held 2 winning seasons as a jv coach... which means nothing i understand that but coming from that to now having a winning season thus far as a 1rst year head coach after losing all starting seniors from the year before which was everyone but the goalie he must be doing somthing right... his team has only lost a hard faught match against lumberton win the odds were a little stacked against vidor from watching the game i think the score was acually 4-3 vidor not 2-3 lumberton... but with that said he is the best coach around this area

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maines is an amazing coach! Some may call me bias, but I don’t care. Coach Maines worked his butt off to learn this sport so he wouldn’t let us down! I have been in the soccer program at Vidor for 4 years now and I have to say that Coach Maines was the most committed coach we have ever had. Watson built this program from nothing, then left. Yes, he was an amazing coach, but he knew this game inside out because he had been around it all his life. Maines had to work to where he is now. I know there may be smarter coaches but there is not a coach out there that gets along with there players or is as committed as Travis Maines.

I don't know much about Coach Maines, but Vidor's soccer program does seem headed in the right direction. It does make a difference when the players realize how hard the coach is working, he seems to be a players coach.

thanks we too feel were headed in the right direction... and he is very much a players coach i am a senior at vidor now and have played 4 different sports and have been through alot of coaches he explains what he knows and if theres something he doesnt know he will the next day... he spends more time studing the game than us players do our homework ;)... but coming up in sports at vidor i can see where he gets it from although the schools history/ records dont show it vidor has a great coaching staff and im honored that i got to play for the men i did...

Guest tigersvoice

I'm too old to know soccer.  It has come on the scene in Texas and in Texas High Schools long since I was in school and even well after my children were in school.  My only question is:  is the Vidor Boys team as good as their players would have you believe?

It sounds to to me like very much bravado!  A lot of hoot but very little follow-through.

Tiger, we may talk alot of "smack" but our team can back up 99% of what we say. So far, Vidor has given Lumberton the best game. As a matter of fact, if it would have been a diff. officiating crew i am sure the game would have been 4-3 Vidor. I hope you come to a game so you can see for yourself.

Guest Caddieshack

lumberton was missing 3-4 players for that game. They had only 11 players for that game=NO SUBS. and from what i hear the refs were bad for both sides not just for vidor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder