Veterans Day Roll Call

Guest WeedBegone

Give us football fans something to salute about--sign in and identify your team  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Give us football fans something to salute about--sign in and identify your team

• Army
    • Navy
    • Air Force
    • Marines
    • Coast Guard

This has to be my favorite thread ever on this board.

Thanks to everyone that's served.

I second that admin. I never truly appreciated things until my best friend since I was a little Gabe had to serve twice in Iraq. Not being able to speak to someone I speak to everyday was crushing and to see what his family of a wife and two young daughters had to go through was hard.

I could never do enough or say enough to show how much I appreciate everything you people have done for this country. I am able to have freedom of speech in my job and have the daily freedoms each day because of your sacrifices. God bless you all.

Guest WeedBegone

Thanks to all the Veterans and supporters for the kind words on this thread. SETX Veterans roll call has representation from all of the joint forces. 

While we may line up against each other during the Friday night lights---see how fast we line up together for this great nation. 

Yesterday, I attended a Veterans day program at West Brook that was open to the public. 

When the band and choir started the program with a medley of songs for each branch of the military --

my eyes began to leak.

When the ROTC walked center aisle with the flag of each branch and the Veterans of Wars since WWII rose up to join their branches flag ----my eyes leaked some more

Then active members of these branches joined them ---more leakage.

Then we all rose up to for the presentation of the colors, the pledge of allegiance, and the national anthem ---my eyes leaked again.

The program continued to amaze me when ROTC members brought honor to those who have fallen. 

To see the US Flag treated with such dignity and respect and to hear TAPS  ----my eyes continued to leak.

Veterans Day is one of the few holidays thats not about feasting, candy, presents, costumes, firecrackers, excessive partying,  its all about appreciating those who protect us around the clock around the world, while we enjoy each day and the holidays without them. 

Therefore, as it is my hope, that it is all of our hopes that those abroad in harms way, get the jobs done that they have been trained to do, return home safely.  Then we may have an opportunity to thank them as we continue to thank those who have preceded them.

And, thats about all I have to say about that.  ;)

VietNam Vet 69-70

I would like to thank all the schools and organizations who put forth the effort of creating the programs for Vets on Veterans Day.

Sometimes we dwell too much on the bad some of our youth do today and do not publicize the good that most represent.

I am reassured every year by our young people as to the respect they show our Vets and I will always appreciate their kindness towards us aging veterans.

I came home to a country that was not very kind at the time but our young people have more than made up for that time period I lived thru.

I will be forever grateful to especially Evadale and Silsbee High for their Veterans Day Programs and thank you for allowing us to serve this great country.

Thanks to all who honor our veterans every day of the year

Guest WeedBegone

VietNam Vet 69-70

I would like to thank all the schools and organizations who put forth the effort of creating the programs for Vets on Veterans Day.

Sometimes we dwell too much on the bad some of our youth do today and do not publicize the good that most represent.

I am reassured every year by our young people as to the respect they show our Vets and I will always appreciate their kindness towards us aging veterans.

I came home to a country that was not very kind at the time but our young people have more than made up for that time period I lived thru.

I will be forever grateful to especially Evadale and Silsbee High for their Veterans Day Programs and thank you for allowing us to serve this great country.

Thanks to all who honor our veterans every day of the year

AMEN---and thanks for your service abroad.  It may have taken a while to hear this---but it was  appreciated.  Folks serving in your time had to come home to a disrupted and confused society and teach us a few things about being respectful. 

So--how bout them Cowboys!! ;D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder