Question about PN-G, Central Fight

I am hearing romors that the UIL is requesting a copy of the tapes of the game? Have any of you heard this also? Is it true that a bench clearing fight results in a one game team suspension? If so will this affect the playoffs? Please if you have knowledge in these areas let me know. This would be terrible!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I hope that noone gets suspended for any amount of time but I would think if this were true that there would be some type of punishment. I have looked on the UIL web pages for the rules and ran out of time before I found them Ill be back at it when I get a break.

I can tell you as a TASO official ( not football ) , that a report had to be sent in by the officiating crew to the UIL and their will be an investigation into what happened. What the UIL does from there is up to them but most of the time you see schools possibly put on probation for a year or two and no other action is taken unless there is another type situation next year.

I was there last night, and it happened so fast. My wife taped the whole thing on our camcorder. I looked at the tape, not sure who's fault it was.  There was so much confusion, both teams, coaches, and police on the field, it was mass chaos.  Not sure if Burnett was punched, but very likely, maybe by accident if it happened.  I think both teams should receive some form of punishment.  We'll just have to wait on the UIL to decide. 

Unfortunately I worry about all teams in our district and support all who have made the playoffs if you don't want other teams support that is fine with me but you will get mine anyway. Other Central fans on here know I hope this is not true in any way. Good Luck Central on your playoff run.

mamajag?? man a couple guys on here and are truely concerned for the outcome of your team and your gonna get on here and tell them they need to stop worrying and check their spelling?

hmmmm, i guess the aplle doesnt fall to far from the tree...and i misspelled apple on purpose.

i'll leave it at that

Funny thing.  If Central is eliminated from the playoffs for fighting in 'Real America', then Ozen would qualify for the playoffs since they finished in 5th place with a 3-4 record.  Like it or not, Not so Real America will be represented in the playoffs from 20 4A.....

I think the players who started this fight would be punished.Punishing the entire team will be wrong if the entire team isn't at fault.Watch the video and make individual decisions from there.PNG players involved would be punished as well depending on there grade level.If you are a under classman you would be punished next season.If you are a senior the punishment would have to be handled differently.The Central players would get punished this season since they are in the playoffs.This doesn't sound fair to Central, but this is the way it may be handled.PNG players and Central players should be punished if they are at fault.Good luck to Central in the post season.

I'm sure both teams have a -0- tolerance rule for fighting and just maybe the schools should

take the case into their own hands before the uil gets involved and maybe just maybe the uil

will be a little more tolerant  there is no excuse for fighting at a game when two individuals

get in a fight it should be dealt with by the coaches when the benches clear it should be dealt

with by the police and if your coaches aren't teaching good sportsmanship fire them and get a coach

that teaches discipline and good sportsmanship

SFA85.. do you ever have any posts that don't try to start crap? I live in PN and proudly voted for Obama. Real America is crap made up by McCain Palin, not on  race, but the idea that somehow if you are a democrat you are not patriotic. You must be a really miserable person. I will be pulling for Central in the playoffs. You can read my post about the fight on the Central/PNG thread. I am a union member and am proud to support Obama as many other Mid County voters did. Maybe you need to listen to what he has to say about bitterness and the need to put that behind us and come together to move this country forward. I look at the measure of a man by his character, not the color of his skin. Can you say the same?

SFA85.. do you ever have any posts that don't try to start crap? I live in PN and proudly voted for Obama. Real America is crap made up by McCain Palin, not on  race, but the idea that somehow if you are a democrat you are not patriotic. You must be a really miserable person. I will be pulling for Central in the playoffs. You can read my post about the fight on the Central/PNG thread. I am a union member and am proud to support Obama as many other Mid County voters did. Maybe you need to listen to what he has to say about bitterness and the need to put that behind us and come together to move this country forward. I look at the measure of a man by his character, not the color of his skin. Can you say the same?

You go Ndns, I voted for Obama too. Just so happens I consider myself a CONSERVATIVE Democrat. I'm proud we were able to get past our own prejudices and elect someone other than a white good old boy. All people deserve respect directly in relation to the respect they are willing to give you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder