Last Night on the Reservation?

I kinda have the feeling it was MB's last.  Just a gut feeling....I think he will step aside.  With the season this year and ending the way it did, seems like moral is at an all time low.  I wish only the best for Burnett...he's a good man.  Mike Long coming back would be great! The Indians will be back, you can bet on that!

It was a great win for Lumberton at the reservation this year, first win ever against PNG.  But my observations about MB is that he's truly a class act and a great coach and his record speaks for itself.  The PNG fans need to step up and support him.  In Lumberton, we know what bad coaching was when we had Fuller.  Obviously, changes are needed from time to time, but make no mistake, MB is no Fuller.  PNG has a lot of talent coming up and much better days ahead based on your successes in the 8th, 9th, and JV squads.  Considering you were playoff bound last year, don't make a reactive decision based on one bad year.  Keep that experienced coach.  The competition in 20-4A was much stronger this year and also contributed to PNG's poor record.  With that said, an adjustment might need to be made on the coaching staff by MB, maybe just a reassignment somewhere defensively; linebackers or secondary (as an example).  If any changes are made, it should not involve replacing the head coach.  Your program from top to bottom is very good.  Your fans are some of the most loyal fans in the state.  Every team goes through this at one time or another.  From one Lumberton fan's perspective, keep the faith and the coach!

It not just 1 bad year its the not making it far into the playoffs and several bad years,I second Long for HC and his son as QB coach, we do have alot of talent coming up and we need to make sure its not wasted like it was this year.

Please bring in Long, what the hell has he done, nothing, now if his son can play qb again then i say bring him in. 

It not just 1 bad year its the not making it far into the playoffs and several bad years,I second Long for HC and his son as QB coach, we do have alot of talent coming up and we need to make sure its not wasted like it was this year.

I don't know why the fans think it was a waste of talent this year.Png just was not that good.Stop fooling yourselves by thinking you had a team that could have made a deep playoff run.

I don't know why the fans think it was a waste of talent this year.Png just was not that good.Stop fooling yourselves by thinking you had a team that could have made a deep playoff run.

How dare you 68. 8)

I believe it was his last, we will see my Indians. Mike Long For HC.

We can do better, Long would be good but why would you not see what kind of applicants you would have before calling for Long. IF a PNG HC job was to become available I think you would get much better choices than Long apply. PNG HC position would be a very attractive position (IMO) so why settle. There was some top names apply when Malone got the job and now we have a nice top notch facility.I don't believe Long could bring the program to where it was with Malone or where Nederlands is with Neumann. Just my .02

Please bring in Long, what the heck has he done, nothing, now if his son can play qb again then i say bring him in. 

AMEN he has done nothing at Kelley.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder