EVADALE VS. HIGH ISLAND PREDICTIONS!!!

Guest theburn21

After the Rebels mauled the Mustangs (62-0) last night and knowing last weeks score between HI and Burkeville (41-6) I believe that the Cards have got their work cut out to hang with the Rebs.

The Rebel defense is looking stout (allowing 19 points in three district games - 6 points per contest) 6 of the points came off a busted play at Colmesneil on a bocked punt block attempt and 6 came on a short field TD against HD when Cook took a punt inside the Rebel 5. It still took three plays for the cats to score then. In district the Rebels have only given up 270 total yards for an average of only 90 per game.

the offense is explosive (scoring 133 points in district - 44+ per contest) all of that is with the passing game stuffed safely in their pocket (less than 15 attempts in district and three of those went for TD's), the Rebels have 1049 yards in district (350 per game and with it 98% of that on the ground it makes sense that the Rebels can and will continue to just pound on people until someone stops them.

The 2008 Rebels are loaded with seniors most of which have been playing varsity since they were freshmen and a number of those started as freshman and all but a couple of them did beginning as sophomores. The juniors and sophomores on the squad had the benefit of a full JV schedule last year and they were last years district champs all be that only a couple of other teams play JV schedules.

The Rebels have four games left. You have to play every one of them as they come, next is High Island, I know that they have had to overcome a great deal to get on the field. I believe that they used that emotion and their talent to come out on the winning side when they played Burkeville a couple of weeks ago. But they have their game with West Hardin today and it will tell more about the Cards than their game with the Mustangs.

If the Cards win today then next weeks game pits the only two undefeated teams in 23A. If they do not well that leaves only the Rebels and Oilers undefeated.   

I say again you have to play the game but from where I sit, its not looking too good for the Cardinal faithful.

With WD handling HI easily at least from the reports on the game thread I am confident to make my opening prediction...

Rebels 48    Cardinals 14

I agree with BIGMO44 that the Rebels will be hard to handle and with a potential show down coming up Halloween night between the Rebels and the Oilers (I know I said take them one at a time), but the Rebels will be looking to have all the cogs in the offense working and available for a showdown between what would be the two undefeated teams and all but a district championship hanging in the balance.

Coach Williams has shown that he can get the Rebels prepared and keep them focused. I am sure that the Rebels were already in game prep and watching film on the Cards this morning and I imagine that the coaches were going to be at the WH/HI game since it was the perfect opportunity to scout the next two opponents in one game.

I do expect that the Cards will be ready to play and score as they were against the Oilers, but as I said earlier the emotion of getting back on the field at least helped the Cards against Burkeville, but the Rebels are loaded and with the district title at least in their grasp they will be ready for whatever circumstances that they may face.

I will be interested to hear what others think as this one is the opening shot in a week that will be filled with all kinds of talk.

aite boy. evadale by a mile boy. eveyrthing was cliking last week son.big4mo got it done boy. rebs got pride. cards aint got none.

Whomever you are will you please shut up.  The Rebels are doing fine without your ilk getting on here. There hasn't been trash talk all year. 

To everybody else, this must be Evadale's resident idiot.

Guest beat-em_deep

aite boy. evadale by a mile boy. eveyrthing was cliking last week son.big4mo got it done boy. rebs got pride. cards aint got none.

Whomever you are will you please shut up.  The Rebels are doing fine without your ilk getting on here. There hasn't been trash talk all year. 

To everybody else, this must be Evadale's resident idiot.

yes it is! this person has nothing better to do with his time and he needs to get a life!

and btw Evadale 47 HI 7

Guest beat-em_deep

aite son. da bomb aka evadales royal predicting a 47-7 score when ur in the game aint trash talking boy?

For 1 this is not Royal. Im a close friend!

2 im not even from Evadale!

3 im from OF

4 thats not trash talking its called a prediction and an opinion and im titled to my opinion.

5 GET A LIFE LEROY !!!!

Guest curtissimo

This guy is a moron, I can only hope he is just kidding around.

But anyway, my prediction:

Evadale- 52

High Island- 14

Looks like someone is trying to bait me into getting into a war of words, but it will not happen. >:(

Predictions are exactly what they are supposed to be, ones own gut feeling and best guess.  Some predictions are based on what happened the year before, some are based on ones opinion of the opposing team and still some or based on the feeling of School Pride that wells up inside of you in hopes that this is the game that changes things around. 

If any of you know me, then you know that I am a fan of the game, wether it be Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track or Tennis.  I enjoy watching athletes compete at the purest form of athletic competition.  High School athletics and athletic programs are an important part of creating an understanding that team building, trust, discipline and dedication are essential to achieving something greater than ones own self.  With that being said, I will support the High Island Cardinals until the day that I die.  While I do enjoy watching and celebrating a Cardinal victory, I also feel the anguish and disappointment the athletes feel when they lose.  After the end of any game that High Island plays, I try to make it a point to congratulate the opposing team win or lose and speak to the players and tell them that I enjoyed watching them play and encourage them when it is needed.  Some of you who are reading this can remember a time that I have shaken your hand and told you how I thought you played a good game.  I can talk smack with the best of them, but I do not chose to do so on this board.  Over the years, I have seen what trash talking and mouthing have done to teams and athletic programs. 

My only goal is to give the athletes that view this web site and follow the threads an opportunity to read something that is positive and uplifting.  These athletes will carry the memories of each one of their games with them for the rest of their lives.  When some of theses young men and women go off to college, they will actually have classes and live in dorms with some of same ones that they played sports against in high school.  Relationships will be formed and memories will be shared with laughter.  The enemies that you think you have today will be some of your best friends in the future.  You will learn that the ones you may not have liked did not have a problem with you, but disliked one of your team mates. 

On a lighter note,

Fighting Cardinal team.......disregard everything that I have written above and receive the Rebels with open arms next Saturday and Whoop the snot out of 'em! ;D ;D ;D

I wish the Rebels all of the luck in the world.  Do I think they will score 63 points on us?  NO WAY!

One Day At A Time CARDINALS!!

Go CARDINALS!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833