Senior Nederland Black plays Senior WOS BLue

jmk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland has a bit of speed themselves....I'd bet it turns out a little differently than jesusfreak thinks.In fact I would say as a whole Nederland black has more team speed plus the fastest individual on the field that day.

If yall were going to get so pissy about peoples opinions then maybe you should have just asked if anyone from Nederland had any thoughts on this game. Come on, are you going to attack someone for predicting a WOS win. It's an opinion so get over it "dude".  ::)

All those years of practicing for strength and speed didn't seem to help Nederland in the WOS high school game.  :o  :o  :o Sorry I made myself laugh.

If yall were going to get so pissy about peoples opinions then maybe you should have just asked if anyone from Nederland had any thoughts on this game. Come on, are you going to attack someone for predicting a WOS win. It's an opinion so get over it "dude".  ::)

All those years of practicing for strength and speed didn't seem to help Nederland in the WOS high school game.  :o  :o  :o Sorry I made myself laugh.

:o :o

I love all this pregame hype. I do believe this will be a good game. Actually, this could be a warm up to the Super Bowl.  Our team has played both and they are well rounded. WOS has more size, more speed and they hit a little harder. Sorry Dogs83 you may think you have speed, but your speedster won't look as fast come Saturday. I know ours didn't. Nederland does have a lot of talent and one of the best Offensive play callers and if he can keep WOS off balance it's a toss up. I look forward to the showdown.

Pissy?  Isn't that like whining and making excuses???  Folks post and shoot back and forth all the time on this board, respectfully.  I replied to the "how do you coach against size and speed" comment.  Who's being pissy?

I can't even find where you replied one way or the other.

I can only go back to 2002 at the momnet but since Nuemann has been at NHS, Nederland has played WOS really well. 2002 Ned 42 WOS 21, 2003 18 WOS 14, 2004 Ned 30 WOS 32 (missed late field goal), 2005 Ned 10 Wos 20, sounds like we can play against speed! I know the thread is about youth football but wanted to get the record straight. By the way Nederland youth Sr has has the players but it is ok to under estimate, then be suprised.

2005 STJFL Superbowl Nederland Sr 12 WOS 0 - Nederland 2005 Superbowl champs!

You can quote all of the stats you want to. I still have an opinion. Just as you pick Nederland I pick WOS. It's only an opinion. If Nederland would win then I would say congratulations to the kids at Nederland. This really isn't a life changing event for me.

TD, you made the comment about stregnth and speed and how it did not help Nederland. You are looking at one game this year. I thing if are you are going to make statement back it up. You are entitled to your oppinion and I respect that. I never said Nederland would win Saturday either. And yes the sun will rise Sunday no matter what happens.

TD, you made the comment about stregnth and speed and how it did not help Nederland. You are looking at one game this year. I thing if are you are going to make statement back it up. You are entitled to your oppinion and I respect that. I never said Nederland would win Saturday either. And yes the sun will rise Sunday no matter what happens.

What statement did I make that I need to back up?

Nederland has a bit of speed themselves....I'd bet it turns out a little differently than jesusfreak thinks.In fact I would say as a whole Nederland black has more team speed plus the fastest individual on the field that day.

Obviously you haven't seen the WOS senior blue play this year. More speed???? I'll admit those 2 backs you have are probably the best tandem in the league. But the WOS blue all played senior last year. We return the entire offensive and defensive lines, a hard hitting secondary and a wide open offense. No doubt it will be a good game, but I'll have to dissagree on the more speed thing. But games are played on the field. let's wait and see.

I am just goofing with you, but here is your quote. Did I misundestand?

I am just goofing with you, but here is your quote. Did I misundestand?

You must have because I was goofing with someone that said coaching for strength and speed wasn't anything new and they were use to it. That's why I made my comment and it was true, this year. I always enjoy playing Nederland. Matter of fact there is an Insurance Agent over there that had to pay a nice little debt this year and man was it cold too.

Here is the deal strength and speed is important, no doubt. But it aslo comes down to team & heart. If you count on a few players, you could be in trouble. Any time you have Nederland team thats is playing well and having suucess, it is usually because it is TEAM. This should be a really great youth game. I would bet one thing, this game could be as good as any underclassmen game in the area. I expect hard hitting, great runs, and some good passing. Most importantly the kids come off the field and know they were in a football and had fun.

Here is the deal strength and speed is important, no doubt. But it aslo comes down to team & heart. If you count on a few players, you could be in trouble. Any time you have Nederland team thats is playing well and having suucess, it is usually because it is TEAM. This should be a really great youth game. I would bet one thing, this game could be as good as any underclassmen game in the area. I expect hard hitting, great runs, and some good passing. Most importantly the kids come off the field and know they were in a football and had fun.

I agree and that team also has team and heart. They don't just count on a few players.

At least in the end we found something we could agree on. It will be a good game and both teams will know they were in a game. It will be a great youth game. I hope both teams come out injury free.

The funny thing is I don't even have a dog (no pun intended) in this fight. My kids play peewee and Jr.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder