How far will nederland go this season?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland may go 1 or 2 rounds, maybe. Lumberton will beat them i promise you.

Are you one of the many Lumberton fans that promised last year that Lumberton would beat PNG? Howed that work out for ya? Outside of Nederland, I don't see any other 20-4A rep winning bi-district. Crosby, North Forest and Dayton are all better. PNG got lucky against Crosby and they were starting a Soph QB in his first ever varsity game.

I think Nederland will win the district and maybe go undefeated in doing so. I think they will beat 19-4A (sans Dayton). Then they will lose to Friendswood. Nederland doesn't have the Defense to slow down FW and FW has the defense to slow down Nederland. Just one mans opinion! Don't forget you asked (see the title)  ;D

Won't make a prediction on Lumberton/Nederland game just yet...will wait and see where we are when the time comes but, right now, I see both as the leading contenders for the 20-4A crown. As for how far Nederland will go in the playoffs...I personally don't think any team in 20-4A, based on the season SO FAR, (including my Raiders) will make it past the first round...Not trying to pick a fight with anyone...Just answering the question presented by this post...I'll know in a few weeks if that opinion has changed.

Won't make a prediction on Lumberton/Nederland game just yet...will wait and see where we are when the time comes but, right now, I see both as the leading contenders for the 20-4A crown. As for how far Nederland will go in the playoffs...I personally don't think any team in 20-4A, based on the season SO FAR, (including my Raiders) will make it past the first round...Not trying to pick a fight with anyone...Just answering the question presented by this post...I'll know in a few weeks if that opinion has changed.

So you think 19-4A will sweep 20-4A? I promise that will not happen.

Im not so sure about that. I have not seen Lumberton play so you may be right about them, but I have seen the Dogs play and this years team has started to exhibit some of the characteristics of playoff caliber teams. They look to have the potential to go several rounds deep at minimum. But there are a lot of IF's. If they stay healthy, If they stay humble and focused and not get overconfident, If they play with maximum intensity and don't let up, If they dont just have a bad night and lose confidence in themselves,,, then they honestly have the athletes on this team to win out in district play make a pretty decent run. If they get cocky and lose focus whatsoever,,,, they might not even get out of district play which is true for any team.

All that being said, I have to consider that they have not really played a single team that has really impressed me yet, and the fact that the teams that are left for them in district play have all lost games to one another says they wont meet another serious contender if/until they reach the playoffs to prove there mettle against. Even WOS did not look all that impressive to me despite the fact that we lost to them. I think of all the teams left, Livingston may be the only team that offers the closest thing to a real test. Sounds like they are playing some pretty good football.

Michael....

I agree that no team has overly impressed much but I would have to take issue with the comment about Livingston being the closest thing to a real test left on the Dogs schedule...I realize Lumberton has gotten a black eye on these forums but they are still playing football over here...And, I might add, with the exception of losing to Vidor (anything can happen in HS Football), they actually look pretty good (at least for 20-4A)...It's funny how Livingston wasn't exected to do anything by most people on here and Central was supposed to run over everyone...Then Lumberton dominates Livingston and Central, yet the Lions are somehow now the team to beat and Lumberton is just a patsy on the schedule...

Not trying to start an argument or anything...I would actually have to lean towards Nederland right now in a Raider/Bulldog match-up but I think the Raiders are a test that the Bulldogs better well "study" for. Good Luck to ya!

Nederland has Central, Livingston, Vidor, and Lumberton left to play and all of these can pull an upset. I think Nederland will be favored in these games but they will be good games and all of these teams claim to have solid defense's so we will see. I personally think all of these team's are pretty even depending on what night they play and turn over's, but these team's better be ready for Nederland's passing game because it way better than anything you will see from the rest of 20-4A.

i see big ned rolling through district.....just dont think central will have the answer for that potent offense,but who knows anything is possible.central lacks discipline as always.....lumberton will not have an answer neither....the l-trail will fall of its tracks when they roll in to bulldog country,,,,,sorry raiders we owe you an  whippin....

Michael....

I agree that no team has overly impressed much but I would have to take issue with the comment about Livingston being the closest thing to a real test left on the Dogs schedule...I realize Lumberton has gotten a black eye on these forums but they are still playing football over here...And, I might add, with the exception of losing to Vidor (anything can happen in HS Football), they actually look pretty good (at least for 20-4A)...It's funny how Livingston wasn't exected to do anything by most people on here and Central was supposed to run over everyone...Then Lumberton dominates Livingston and Central, yet the Lions are somehow now the team to beat and Lumberton is just a patsy on the schedule...

Not trying to start an argument or anything...I would actually have to lean towards Nederland right now in a Raider/Bulldog match-up but I think the Raiders are a test that the Bulldogs better well "study" for. Good Luck to ya!

To be fair, you are right.. I am baseing my opinion on the fact that Lumberton lost to Vidor, who although plays with tremendous pride and heart, has never really been able to get it together. Also with that being said, my Bulldogs have fallen to Vidor in some of their best playoff years so I probably should not base Lumbertons mettle on losing to Vidor. They have upset some pretty good teams over the years. I like these kinds of conversations simply for the sake of discussion, but the guys that really know me will tell you that I really think that anything can happen in high school football and in a district like ours it will probably come down to the last week of the season,,,,, again.  8)

Sounds like we are in agreement ...(QUOTING YOU: "I really think that anything can happen in high school football and in a district like ours it will probably come down to the last week of the season,,,,, again.")

If this year's race has proven anything, it is that just about anyone can beat anyone on any given night...this race will be something to watch and although Nederland looks good right now, their toughest work is ahead of them...i would love for Nederland-Lumberton to be for the district title in week 10, but both teams have plenty to keep them busy between now and then...for the Dogs, that starts with Central this week and I am sure they will have their hands full.

That being said, I think Nederland has the chance to be very good this season...they really are just beginning to hit their stride on offense and I think they sky is the limit if they continue to improve and show the balance that they have exhibited for the last 3 weeks...this offense, when clicking, is very difficult to stop

I don't see either district getting swept.

Dayton "should" take care of their 20-4A opponent.

CE King "could" win.

Assumming Crosby and North Forest are the other two teams, both those teams probably won't win.

I do think 19-4A has a little more on the top of the hill.

If one district were to win three of the four, it might be 19-4A this year.

I don't see either district getting swept.

Dayton "should" take care of their 20-4A opponent.

CE King "could" win.

Assumming Crosby and North Forest are the other two teams, both those teams probably won't win.

I do think 19-4A has a little more on the top of the hill.

If one district were to win three of the four, it might be 19-4A this year.

I agree. I think either district could go 3-1, but most likely 2-2 depending on the matchups.

You ever thought that yall might go back to being the same team that stepped on the field with WO-S?  I believe the starting lineup was the same, with the same Grogan running the pill.

Not the same team at all, we had 5 starters on the bench when we played WOS. Grogan thought he was just baby sitting the RB position till the #1 RB returned. Two hurricanes later the #1 guy quit football, Grogan was told he was the man and he hasn't looked back.

badndn, you may want to focus on getting in period.

Are you serious? look at the title of the Post! Get your panties out of a wad and try not being so thin skinned. Sorry I don't think your precious Bulldogs are a State Title contender because they beat PNG! Guess what I don't think PNG will get by 19-4A if they face either Dayton or Crosby, maybe not even Noth Forest.

This Nederland team is just not as good as some of the other Nueman led teams have been. The offense is potent, but they struggle defensively. can't do that and win in the playoffs.

And PNG has the same problem. Good offense, poor defense.

It is all about who scores the most points. The 1980 TJ team had a great offense and a poor defense, they went 14-1, and hopefully Nederland already lost their 1 game.

Soulja, ain't the same team.  We had SEVERAL players out against WOS. You can think that, but you'd be making a big mistake.  This is nowhere near the same team with all the pieces in this puzzle.

I think that Nederland will win the district championship. I think they will make it 3 rounds deep in the playoffs this year. I also think that one other team from 20 4a will make it past the 2nd round this read... We have a decent district.... not as strong as it once was.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics