Rate YOUR Team

It's kind of hard to rate our offense since we run a ball controled offense.  If you would have asked me this before Ike, I would have said a 4.  Now since we have added Charlie Thomas back to RB and the addition of the wishbone offense, It have been upgraded to a 6.  Could be higher if we passed a little more.

Defense is sound, we hit hard, we don't miss tackles, we defend the pass well.  I give us a 7.  This could be higher if we stop biting so hard on on playaction passes and a little better on QB contain.  We have the potential to move to an 8  on this defense.

Jag offense 6

Jag defense 7

at this point of the season ,i look at wo-s this way

OF------------6

DF-----------6

the mustangs have a long road ahead of them. coach hooks and his staff  take alot of pride in there kids . there was a song put out years ago  called (WE ARE FAMILEY) and thats what thay are

After only 2 games this season, I'd have to give the Brook the following rating:

Offense-8  After playing a decent 4A and a sub-par 4A team, it's still unknown how good this offense can be. There are still alot of improvements that can be made, but still very good.

Defense-6  Again, after only two games it's kinda hard to judge. We tend to stop the run fairly well, but we dont put enough pressure on the QB in passing situations. Although our secondary is MUCH improved from last year. If improvement is made in the next couple of games, by the time we get to Week 10, we should be hard to beat.

Westbrook at 2-0

Offense--best I have seen.  Great running game and can pass effectively-----9

Defense--Needs more pass rush and penetration on running plays-------------6

Best you've seen this year or the best ever?

I was referring to this year.  However, I do think this version is better than 2005.

Hull-Daisetta Bobcats at 3-1

Offense = Lead by stud R.B. Aaron Cook = 8

Defense = This squad is full of hard hitting head hunters = 7

Offense needs to execute their playaction and reverses better,to take pressure off of Aaron Cook.

Defense needs to get back to the basics of wrapping up when they tackle. Not just look for the knockout hit.

Westbrook at 2-0

Offense--best I have seen.  Great running game and can pass effectively-----9

Defense--Needs more pass rush and penetration on running plays-------------6

Best you've seen this year or the best ever?

I was referring to this year.  However, I do think this version is better than 2005.

C-Mike brings a dimension to the offense that is different and better than ever before...i think a matchup of the two offenses would be amazing to watch and that it would be a high scoring but close affair

Vidor 3-1 (1-1):

O: The line is big, mean and agile. The backs don't have blazing speed, but hit the holes hard and are downhill runners. Need to keep the ball off the ground. Passing game is getting better, just needs a bit more tweaking. Less fumbling, I would give an 8, until then 6.

Def: Hard hitting, decent size and flies to the football. Have a lot of heart! 8

Team as a whole: Their never say die gives them an edge, they don't seem to do the hill and valley emotion that a lot of other teams I have seen in the past have had. They play with a lot of pride. I believe "tough as a 2 dollar steak" described it the best.

Guest wildcat58

wildcats at 4-0

off- balanced with great exp. with hazelwood a 3 yr starter and throwing to 3 yr starter musgrove .jackson and rhodes compliment each other in backfield,need another receiving threat other than musgrove though so i give us an 8 because of the score at any time capability we have..

def- getting better last 2 games pass defense is better,still need to improve on play action and screen passes so until then a 6.5

wildcats at 4-0

off- balanced with great exp. with hazelwood a 3 yr starter and throwing to 3 yr starter musgrove .jackson and rhodes compliment each other in backfield,need another receiving threat other than musgrove though so i give us an 8 because of the score at any time capability we have..

def- getting better last 2 games pass defense is better,still need to improve on play action and screen passes so until then a 6.5

Yea I agree with you on the offense but its improving. Now on they need another passin threat your sadly mistaken because Hughey is forming a geed receiver. The defense looks pretty solid to me holding people to shut outs and to 6 points. You need to rethink that 6.5 that crazy!!

Memorial Offense - 2 (On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being bad) QB is really a RB, they run the spread to run the ball and they don't run very good.  Have pretty decent WR and Rb but coaching staff doesn't have a clue on how to use the talent.  If you have a running QB run the veer or the option or just a simple I, but not the spread.

Memorial Defense - 1 What more needs to be said when you run a 3-3-5 in high school and you don't blitz and you can't stop the run.  In another defensive set they probably could be a 5 but not in a 3-3-5.  Have very good athletes on D, but coaching lacks.

I'll rate Nederland in each game...

vs. WO-S I'd give them a "4". One dimensional on offense, not physical on defense and missed WAAAAY to many tackles.

vs. Ozen I'd give them a "6". Balanced on offense with Grogan toting the rock and the line blocking well, passing game was okay, Cardenas made great catches, run defense was VERY solid giving up only 62 yards, pass D was hit and miss. Much more physical effort in this game.

vs. PNG I'd give them an 8. Offense was very balanced again. Great job by Grogan again and what a game by Vidrine, Kirby overthrew a few but had a solid outing, defense was very good against the run and not too bad against the pass.

Hopefully we will continue to improve and be a "9" or a "10" this week!

Guest wildcat58

jrrd2010........... yes hughey is becoming a much better receiving option,but that is because musgrove often draws double coverage,but that is my point they are developing another go to guy,as to the 6.5, you grade your own harder, the last 2 weeks have been great, but i still remember the points diboll and jasper put up on delayed screens,1 or 2 more weeks of consistent play and i would raise their d to 8, i rated it overall not just the last 2 weeks, thanks for the post

Guest wildcat58

kvillefootball.........sorry i wasnt at the game in crockett,working in michigan,internet broadcast had technical glitches didnt know how the cats d handled the screen thanks for the info.as i said on another post hughey is another threat at receiver just feel like musgrove has more big plays. go to the game friday and cheer the cats on for me, thanks

kvillefootball.........sorry i wasnt at the game in crockett,working in michigan,internet broadcast had technical glitches didnt know how the cats d handled the screen thanks for the info.as i said on another post hughey is another threat at receiver just feel like musgrove has more big plays. go to the game friday and cheer the cats on for me, thanks

np, wildcat58. i agree on wat you said about muscgrove and hughey..im just excited on how much our all around passing game has improved this year because of two very good recievers and also the yards in the air coming out of the backfield. and believe me i'll be there friday. not cheering but whoopin up on some shelbyville tail... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn