Best RB To Come Out Of Nederland?

Kicker' date=' how could you not mention these 2 great option QB's at LCM.

1. Cazzy Francis, ran for over a 1,000 and passed for another 800. The was voted the Orange County Athlete of the year by the Orange Leader. Played college ball at Arkansas State where after FX his Rt leg in first day of practice his freshman year they moved him to WR where he was All-Conference 2 seasons. Led the nation in punt return average and signed a free agent contract with Tampa Bay making it to the final cut.

2. Richard Pannell, could throw the ball over seventy yards in the air. Was 6-3, 210 and could run a 4.6. I know I was a WR on the team his season year. He signed with Southwestern Louisiana but my dropped passes probably cause him a scholarship to a even better school. He was awesome. Was voted the conference freshman of the year and lead Southwestern to a upset win at Oklahoma State.[/quote']

Those may be a little dated for my memory. :lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

That is a strong possibility. Mosley might even out-stat Sumrall, which he is on track to do (700+ yards & 10 TD's in only 3 games). I don't know what Sumrall's yardage was in '97, but I believe he had 30 TD's (maybe a couple of more, someone feel free to correct me), in 12 games played.

The thing about Sumrall is that he was the first in a long line of exceptional HS RB's @ Ned, and he & the entire '97 team really raised community expectations and set the bar for Bulldog Football for the Neumann era.

• 1 month later...

Last night, Mosley showed some very Sumrall-esq moves. On several occasions throughout the game, (not just in the 4 Qtr), I saw him dragging defenders along for an extra 3 or 4 yards, just like Sumrall did. Although his total rushing yards were somewhat limited last night (under 200), his sheer heart & will-to-win in the 4th, were something I have not seen in Bulldog football in a long time.

The difference between Troy and Micah is that one man could not tackle Troy. It took a gang to gradually slow him down and then use more weight than his legs could lift to get a knee to touch.. He was a human bulldozer. Micah is QUICK and he is FAST and he gets the tough yards but he is not hard to tackle once you wrap him up even in the open field. Once he is wrapped up he usually goes down. He will buckle and fall, Troy would not EVER give in. Troy ran like if his knee touched the ground his heart would stop beating,, That is how hard he ran on every single down and he NEVER let up for 1 second in any game, ever that I saw. His intensity and determination never stopped.

.. Micah is great in a different way but I cannot truthfully say that one was better then the other, if you force me to choose at gunpoint I would reluctantly say Sumrall but its a close call.

Ross was FAST and he had a dominating line.. He could really turn the corner I tell you...WOW..

The closest I have seen to compare to Sumrall was the kid from Schertz Clemens that ran against PNG in 1999, he ran very similarly to Sumrall but he was it.. They had a little scat back and no passing game so PNG took them in one of the best HSFB games I have ever personally witnessed.

I will say this... There is NO doubt Mosely and Gutierrezz are one of the greatest 1-2 combinations of a true tailback/fullback that I have witnessed in highschool football,, ever.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder