Vidor New Offense

tupac7

Drove by Vidor today, and saw them in some strange formations. It looked like they were doing the old red river spread from Oklahoma. The line was all the way on one side, and then they had three to four people where the ball was. I was curious, so I stopped and watched for awhile. They kept running this. They have about 15 plays out of this crazy formation. My question is "Have they run this at all this year, or in the past?"  Does anybody know what the heck this is? ??? ???

They ran it a few times last year. Different schools call it different things. I was at a place and the coach called it the Duck formation and we would run quick screens, quick passes and a few runs but we were a no huddle team  so it was ment to confuse the other team.

They tried that junk a few years ago against PNG (when they were having success with their normal formations) and it was horrible. Might have lost the game for them. I remember walking away laughing at Mathews, thinking what an  he was for trying it when PNG couldn't stop Croak and company.

They tried it on us a few years ago too.  We had our hands full with Croak also.  They gained like 5 yard on us the first time, and lost yardage the next 2 times they tried it in that game, I believe.

haha soulja i was at that game i remember laughing at stowers for putting brandon at safety but that was a hell of a come back in the last 50 secs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder