Cleveland plays New Caney/Cleveland Wins/Comments

bobtex

I agree, Cleveland was the better team Friday night.  The eagles did not show up to play.  Im not going to take anything away from Tullos and the indians.  They played good.  Hopefully the eagles can get things going.  its gonna be a tough road to fix things that the previous HC ran into the ground. 

ncplaya... are you saying the current head coach and staff are better than Coach Taylor his staff??? absolutely hilarious... New Caney never set the world on fire under Coach Taylor but rarely got beat by teams they should beat and beat several they shouldnt have. He ran a well organized program and always had sound game plans... bottom line, under Coach Taylor, New Caney would have never lost to a 3A school.

all they had to do was line up and run right at them... they better adjust their system to better suit their current kids in a hurry (make some 1st downs and eat some clock!) or its gonna get alot worse... they dont have the personnel to throw it all over the lot right now... not even close to it

For one thing, Taylor ran the spread too. and another thing, his first couple of years there he was running off a program that was built by Coley, Nelson, Bosal and the rest of the previous staff. Thats all Im gonna say.  It goes alot deeper than wins and losses, which if you notice got worse for Taylor as the Coley era kids ran out.  Oh, and I never said staff, just HC.  NC has coaches that are still there from the Taylor era and are good coaches.

Coach Taylor ran spread WITH a TE (whose main job was to block)... big difference, huge... Coach Taylor also wouldnt have been throwin it much with the current personnel (he had better QBs and receivers than they currently have).

Coach Colely and his staff did a good job at New Caney and never would have lost that game either, but having Adam Dunn was a huge part of his staffs success, lets not forget that tiny piece of info.

I know Coach Taylors staff was better than the current staff, that was my point. Your earlier post seemed to suggest your support for the current staff. Was I wrong or are you still stickin with the current staffs ability to turn things around??? looks like they are a system driven staff that are unwilling to adapt/adjust to what their kids can do well.

you are so smart!!!  ;) glad you support the current staff... maybe you can convince them to change some things on offense to give the kids a better shot at winning... they have no chance if they stay married to the current system. hope the defense is in great shape cause it looks like they're gonna get alot of playin time

to sum up... we agree Coach Colely did a good job... you vote for Coach Roberts, i'll take Coach Taylor... we'll see how it plays out... i like my odds so far although i hope for the kids sake you're right... if that makes me biased, so be it

First time I've had a chance to get online since last week. Cleveland flat whipped NC all over the field. Both sides of the ball. Yes the defense was on the field a long time but they couldn't stop Cleveland at all. The secondary got burned numerous times. Not going to point out any individual players but one of the safeties was terrible. I agree completely that NC has to get out of the spread. With the athletes they have their strength would be in the line. They need to try to play ball control and eat up as much clock as they can. Personally I didn't like the way Taylor ran the athletic program as the AD, but he was okay as a football coach. Coley had a good program and yes Dunn helped alot but he was able to adapt to his players strengths. Roberts doesn't seem to have control of the team, looks to me like the coordinators make all of the in game decisions.

I read an article in the EMC Observer yesterday where a coach at NC said "they didnt want to make any drastic changes for Cleveland and that the NC Eagle players wanted to continue running the same system they have been running" (not an exact quote - but close) -   This statement is complete BS - none of the players on that team believe in that offense.

Guest dailynews

Was the coach insinuating if changes had been made they would have won the game? 30 PTS is a pretty big swing. Why dont they just admit that they got whipped by a 3A and leave it at that. No one wants to hear excuses. Now with the argument on the coaching staffs. I am going to have to go with the Taylor staff. They might not have been the best coaches but they were definately smarter. You never would have seen Taylor schedule a 3A and get beat. Next time you want to schedule a 3A call Tarkington...

• 1 month later...

jack........ ncplaya is right on, Coach Taylor lived a short winning life with Coleys left overs. As his program progressed the wins declined,thus ending with his departure. Nothing against his or Roberts coaching abilities but, the spread requires a certain type of player and we don't have that type. Four yards and a cloud of dust type offenses were and still are better suited for these kids. You have to adapt your schemes to the kids you have, not try to make your kids fit the scheme you want to run. With that being said I look forward to next year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin