why are they moving games up and not back??

why in the world would you move your game up when you should be evacuating on Thursday? wouldnt it be smart to move it back to Saturday???

I am thinking the same way, scooter. Why not move them back? That way, it would give more time to evaluate the sitiuation. It would be just like last week. If it doesn't pose a threat, then you got time to play the games. Moving them up only creates more havic.

Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about the UIL 5 day rule.

why in the world would you move your game up when you should be evacuating on Thursday? wouldnt it be smart to move it back to Saturday???

I am thinking the same way, scooter. Why not move them back? That way, it would give more time to evaluate the sitiuation. It would be just like last week. If it doesn't pose a threat, then you got time to play the games. Moving them up only creates more havic.

Plus, you wouldn't have to worry about the UIL 5 day rule.

the uil isnt going to let any team play on wednesday. not non district games for that matter

the uil isnt going to let any team play on wednesday. not non district games for that matter

Some teams played on Monday (with the next game on a Saturday) when Rita hit (at least Lufkin did).

Isn't the hurricane suppose to make land fall on Saturday though?

looks like on Friday, if it doesnt speed up.

I don't see what good it does in moving them at all (except for the JV games scheduled for tomorrow).  If we get the word to evacuate at ALL....all games are cancelled one way or the other, so it's really a moot point on whether they get moved up or back.  

If the 'cane hits us, it'll be time for district before we start back playing.  If it doesn't, then we have an open week that we can fill....what week is K'ville open?  Maybe we can reschedule the game!!!!

I think kudos goes out to ALL the area coaches in juggling around these schedules to get these games played!  I mean I'm sure that they are trying to figure out just like everyone else when and where these canes will hit.  To my knowledge we have already dodged one can, one tropical, and one more cane on the way.  So far NO CANCELLED GAMES! Now that deserves some applause for ALL area coaches!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder