*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather channel just said that if Ike will speed up some it should stay on a westward track into the Corpus area, if it slows down it may make that northern turn

Yep just saw that and also the slower it goes the more time it has to intensify :'(

evacuation is going to suck.  because of what happened last week, the city is going to be hesitant to do a mandatory again unless they're pretty positive we're going to feel the storm.  i hope we don't end up in a mad rush trying to all get out of town at the same time.

Well, the problem right now is that we still don't know where it is going to go. If there will be an evacuation it prolly wont be until 24 to 36 hours out of landfall. So basically we would be under some type of warning or watch. I say if people dont feel safe tommorrow afternoon to start getting out before an evacuation has to be called. That is if they have the resources to do it.

Our thinking right now is at the very least will see strong Tropical Storm/Cat 1. Hurricane conditons here by Friday Night and especially Saturday.

Heavy on the "at the very least".

From the weather briefing that just ended..... it is still a toss of the dice. No one is out of the woods yet.

Something needs to kick this thing in the butt and speed it up. Coop any chance of it speeding up once it gets fully into the gulf?

It is expected to speed up some over the Gulf. From what I just got from the briefing, the faster it moves, the better it is for us?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder