*Vidor 14 WO-S 14 Scrimmage Final*

Guest Dirk Diggler

The OL has to get alot better for us to make it in the Playoffs. Conditioning will come (which y are we not in the shape we usually are??), and open up the playbook please, we ran 4 plays all night long just like last year.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hummmmmmmmmm  i did not know the mustangs had enyone hurt. vidor put us throw the  TEST ran right at us with the BIG BACK yes he was a load to stop i must say that. wo-s in the last two week have played DAYTON who has SIZE AND SPEED yesterday VIDOR who RAN AND RAN all night and i must say vidor dose have good size also. not as big as dayton  but  maybe  a little close lol and far as the wo-s play book hummmmmmmmmmmmm  i got a better one that i took from berry norton LMAO.

Guest Pirate V Ball

The OL has to get alot better for us to make it in the Playoffs. Conditioning will come (which y are we not in the shape we usually are??), and open up the playbook please, we ran 4 plays all night long just like last year.

Our playcalling isn't much better!

Unlike 99% of what is being said on here I don't think WOS had such a bad game I think Vidor has really stepped it up this year they had a great off season getting ready for this year.. I  think this might really be the year the program in vidor turns around and starts winning with a little improvement on the offensive line I think the passing game could really step up with Chris Tienert as QB.....

To all you Mustang fans that witnessed tonight’s scrimmage...  that's all it was, a scrimmage.  This is a really talented and dedicated squad.  They'll be ready when it counts.  They are finding themselves and acclimating themselves with one another.  As a former player, it’s so difficult to get fired up about a scrimmage, particularly when you‘re still struggling to get your 2nd wind.  Come week 0, it's an entirely different ball-game.  Good luck to all of the guys on the team. ;)

OrangeFBfan, I totally agree with you. But, there are some Mustang fans who would disagree with you. It's not just a scrimmage to them, you know who you are. ;)

Are you trying to call me out or something? Yeah, I know who I am and my feelings about these scrimmages has not changed a bit and never will. Last night showed us EXACTLY where we are right now. We know what we need to work on. And another thing, there was no "second team" on the field last night at any time for either team. There were backups that filled in, but that's it. This was an extra game that both teams had the benefit of playing.

Now, as for you, we are not going to agree on this, EVER. So you will be doing good by just dropping this and stop trying to pick a fight with me.  ;)

Hey Gasilla, we're cool. I was just yanking your chain a little. You are right, we won't agree on this matter.

Was it Franks that was #7? That kid has some freakin' burners man... And Hypolite impressed me alot, kind of reminded me of Brandon Williams in a way... WOS will win their district and make a pretty decent run in the playoffs, as always... There is nothing to be worried about for them... Just because y'all tied Vidor IN A SCRIMMAGE doesn't mean the season is over, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty good game vs Nederland next week... Good luck to the Mustangs...

Guest Dirk Diggler

Franks is a good one, dropped a pass on the 5 that would have gave us a 21-0 lead right after half though.  :D

Vidor will make the top 4 this season, the 4A League doesn't look overly impressive so far in 2008,

We're just not playing good right now and our Coaches will tell you that, The Offensive Line is not good and the playcalling will have to change or we'll be knocked out again in round 3 dangit.

my friends wo-s has tons of talent  but it seems no one know how to put it togather this year. the mustangs JV has some mighty fine people from what i saw yesterday i for one would like to see more of them brought up to the Var. this comming friday in nederland will be a war the way i look at it the nederland coaching staff has been keeping a close eye on mustangs from day one. the mustangs OL has done a fair job at times as most of us have seen . the good part of this story thay have only seen four playes

Guest Dirk Diggler

Defense will be fine, always will be!! Problem is Offensive Line and just the 4 plays we call on Offense. Come  on Coaches open the Playbook.

Conditioning will get there man.

hummmmmmmmmm  i did not know the mustangs had enyone hurt. vidor put us throw the  TEST ran right at us with the BIG BACK yes he was a load to stop i must say that. wo-s in the last two week have played DAYTON who has SIZE AND SPEED yesterday VIDOR who RAN AND RAN all night and i must say vidor dose have good size also. not as big as dayton  but   maybe  a little close lol and far as the wo-s play book hummmmmmmmmmmmm  i got a better one that i took from berry norton LMAO.

Well could you take it and go and smack the OC in the head with it and force him to use it. Barry was the best OC we ever had.

We have two key defensive players out that need to heal fast and get out there to help the team.

Is those players Stephen Cook and Matthew Provost? If so, they are two of the best defenders on the team.

YES ONE OF THEM IS STEPHEN COOK, THE OTHER IS JACOBY ROBERTS. MATTHEW PROVOST IS NOT INJURED, JUST NOT GETTING THE PLAYING TIME HE DESERVES IN MY OPINION. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP YOUNG MAN YOUR TIME IS COMING VERY SOON.

Guest WOS GRAD 2000

Defense will be fine, always will be!! Problem is Offensive Line and just the 4 plays we call on Offense. Come  on Coaches open the Playbook.

Hopefully the team and Coaches will come around.

Hopefully the team and Coaches will come around.

I don't think we have anything to worry about. The offense moved the ball well, just made some mistakes inside the 20. Had 2 TD's called back. The defense played well in the first half. Vidor didn't move the ball that well. In the second half they wore us out and got a couple of late TD's. That wont happen when we have the starters back and in the rotation.

Guest pirates

I have the up most respect for the coaches and players from WOS.  Great program, great tradition, great fan base.  Yes the only thing that I saw from a negative stand point was WOS got tired.  Several of the WOS coaches made comment to that, like they said, it's early and the conditioning will come.

What the coaches, players and their supporters need to do, is start putting pressure on the administration to start funding one of the most successful programs in the state.  I heard some things at the game Friday about the football budget that just floored me.

Good luck to the Pirates and their Orange County friends WOS.

Guest tchawks99

FIRST OFF let me say this to the young kids on the vidor football team ,you guys did a super job yesterday  played with lots of heart and lots of fire in your eyes you never gave up on yourself and that is what i liked about you. you guys came to orange to see how much you have inproved in a week of practice and  it showed dont you think. AS FOR THE VIDOR FANS  you have never given up on your kids out there playing there hearts out for you and thats the way it should be.i wish vidor all the luck this year  JUST KEEP THAT FIRE IN YOUR EYES and (NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF)

Not too much of  a Vidor fan and surely not a WOS fan ,but that was a good post..

its easy to be "fans" when you win it's TRUE fans that hang around win or lose...example Lumberton..when they win you have a thousand people on here and all these people jumping on the bandwagon..

But 3 years ago you go to a game and there wasn't but a handful of people there...If you go to a Vidor game that place stays packed..and we all know they don't win all the time..I would take Vidor fans over Lumberton fans any day..

By the way WOS will be just fine..thats why they are WOS...

We have two key defensive players out that need to heal fast and get out there to help the team.

Is those players Stephen Cook and Matthew Provost? If so, they are two of the best defenders on the team.

YES ONE OF THEM IS STEPHEN COOK, THE OTHER IS JACOBY ROBERTS. MATTHEW PROVOST IS NOT INJURED, JUST NOT GETTING THE PLAYING TIME HE DESERVES IN MY OPINION. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP YOUNG MAN YOUR TIME IS COMING VERY SOON.

Well those players being out explains alot. They will be fine when they get back. Provost is an excellent player. I never understood why he wasn't getting alot of playing time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83