Boys basketball

What does Lumberton need to turn their team around  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What does Lumberton need to turn their team around

• Height
    • Speed

Why so bitter towards your alma-mater?

Maybe you should apply for a job and help out since you're a coach ::)

To answer the question:For Lum to make playoffs year-in & year-out they need to develop a basketball culture.

Kids have to play all the time to really learn the game. You look at the communities where basketball is constantly successful(Bmt, Ktz,H-J, PA...), you will see older guys(ex-players) who know who the current players are and are always pushing the kids to get better cause they don't want the current players to taint their reputations by not being very good.

Even then its gonna be tough with Ozen & Central, with their talent and athleticism, taking the top two spots every year.

Winning is VERY contagious. But in all seriousness, it starts with the youth. They have to develop that mentality for winning at an early age. Most, if not all of the current Kountze players started with our Little Dribblers program (as did I) and the success continues year in and year out.

All i said was they need a coach that coaches to the players ability. KHS is right it starts with little dribblers so the coach needs to be involved with little dribblers some way to try and get the program rollin. Right now Lumberton does not have the athletes to be competitive thats just the way it is so the coach needs to coach his players to be fundamentally sound. Like play great defense, live and die doing blocking out drills, teach them how to break a press and be patient while there doing it, slowing the game down, play a game that teams don't like to play.........The coaches need to teach that.......I mean its all about being discpline and the players having the coaches respect.....

That 7'1 transfer from Nigeria would help!!

Really here is what what we really need: to believe that we can be successful.

If we really believe that then we will be willing to sell out and do what ever it takes to get better.

There is only so much that can be done in a 60 min athletic period. The players must be willing to put in the extra time after school and in the summer to work out and condition. 

Our team coming back has enough team speed to be solid defensively, we have a very quick point guard, a guard who has a good mid-range game, a few kids who can shoot outside, a couple of scrappy kids inside, returning varsity experience, who should be pretty pissed off at the way last season went. We should be much better as a whole team than we were last year with 7 kids returning instead of 2. And we will probably work on blocking out every great once in a while too ::) ::)

We know we haven't won enough last year to get most people's respect right now. OK that's fair.

And everyone is entitled the right to be a bleacher coach in this great country we live. Just please Basketballcoach, if you really are a coach who "I coached against marsh this year in the playoffs and he put up 39 and 17 reb. against us....." be a little more professional in you comments you make on a public forum before you look any more like a ....well one of those bags women use when they are not so fresh  ;D

BTW we are planning on finally getting a banner put up for that 2000 team.

Hey all i said they need a coach that can coach that kind of stuff. I think wueller is a great guy  and great coach and great coaches make adjustments and i know he has no players to work with but you just got to change your strategy a little bit and hopefully wueller will do that. Thats good that Lumberton is getting a banner and hopefully with everyone names will be on it. Also they should have a picture of them as a team like the varsity football team so called has.

Guest baseball25

Lumberton will be ok they just got to be coachable and work hard and realize they can't run up and down with the teams in the district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder