Dayton - West Orange Scrimmage Time

WOW...I say lay off Coop a little. So what if he posted the wrong info, as long as it was corrected, does it really matter? He is human as well as us. He is CONSTANTLY posted valuble info on here for all of us so cut him a little slack. Keep up the good work Coop!! ;D

LOL .. Remember guys Coop makes a living on making guesses anyway. So Coop, what percentage do we have on Friday and Saturday for the scrimmage. haha  :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW...I say lay off Coop a little. So what if he posted the wrong info, as long as it was corrected, does it really matter? He is human as well as us. He is CONSTANTLY posted valuble info on here for all of us so cut him a little slack. Keep up the good work Coop!! ;D

LOL .. Remember guys Coop makes a living on making guesses anyway. So Coop, what percentage do we have on Friday and Saturday for the scrimmage. haha   :P

That's classic, Kicker, simply classic. Post of the year as far as I am concerned. ;D

And, as for which day this "all important scrimmage" ::) takes place, I think we know what the dilemma is here. Coach Hooks wants it to be Saturday because he's going fishing Friday morning. Coach Stewart wants it Friday because he has a big golf game lined up for Saturday morning. Has nothing to do with scouting scrimmages, which btw no one scouts the first scrimmage anyway. ::) It's all about priorities, fishing and golf. ;D

Doesn't make sense to who?  You as a fan or the coaches?  To a coach it allows them to beat the heat, and also allows them to go out that night and watch their upcoming opponents on the first allowable scrimmage date.  It also allows those coaches to go out again on Saturday to scout if their upcoming opponents are scrimmaging on Saturday morning.  Just because it does not make sense to you does not mean there is not a reason behind those times.  The last time that WO-S came to Dayton to scrimmage which was 2004, this is exactly the way it was done.

Nobody scrimmages on a weekday in the mornings.  Just doesn't make sense.  I heard Coach Hooks just talked to Coach Stewart on Friday and it was understood that the scrimmage in on Saturday morning!

I was at the 2004 scrimmage and that one finished in the dark, so I know that your statement there is off because it wasn't in the morning. I'm about 99% sure it was on Saturday as well because I had people riding with me who have to work on Fridays.

I don't know where or how all the misinformation came from, but the game has always been sceduled for the 15th. The schedule I have that is a month old lists the date, but for time and place it is TBA.

GOLF GAME??? Don't you have to play golf to have a golf game? The game was set for Friday morning so coaches could go see other scrimmages on Friday night or Saturday as necessary. Plain and simple.

Freshmen and JV will play on opposite ends of the field beginning at 9 a.m. At 10 or shortly thereafter, the varsities will take over and go at it.

See you there. I'll have the big lense.

I don't know where or how all the misinformation came from, but the game has always been sceduled for the 15th. The schedule I have that is a month old lists the date, but for time and place it is TBA.

GOLF GAME??? Don't you have to play golf to have a golf game? The game was set for Friday morning so coaches could go see other scrimmages on Friday night or Saturday as necessary. Plain and simple.

Freshmen and JV will play on opposite ends of the field beginning at 9 a.m. At 10 or shortly thereafter, the varsities will take over and go at it.

Mike: There must be some major communication probs between Stewart and Hooks because Hooks and the WOS schedule has ALWAYS shown Saturday for the scrimmage.  No sense beating a dead horse, though.  It's Friday and that's that.

If WOS's JV is anything like last year's, they won't be able to scrimmage. They only had about 8 players on the JV, pulled most of the freshman up to play the JV game after the freshman game was played.

Since the scrimmage is in Dayton, not Orange, and Dayton is apparently calling all the shots, do any of you well informed Dayton folks know if it will be a 4 qtr game situation scrimmage like usual or will it be plays?

I believe it will be a game situatuion scrimmage.

If WOS's JV is anything like last year's, they won't be able to scrimmage. They only had about 8 players on the JV, pulled most of the freshman up to play the JV game after the freshman game was played.

Who won?

Looks like the game may have to be played on Sat morning anyway.  Teacher in-service on Friday morning as well as other UIL rules about when the first scrimmage can be after putting on pads (since a day was missed due to Eduard).  Wait and see....

That should add to the confusion of this schedule time. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont