Golden Triangle Baseball, Hitter's Inc. Select Baseball Tryouts

The Big Red Machine and Golden Triangle Baseball are combining our select organizations. We will be playing out of Hitter's Inc. Baseball Academy. We are offering teams from 7 yrs. old thru 18 yrs. old with multiple teams in some age groups. Tryouts will be August 16th and August 30th. 7 & 8 yr. olds will be from 9am-11am, 9 & 10 yr.olds also 9am-11am, 11 & 12 yr. olds will be 11am -1pm, and 13 & 14 yr.olds 1pm – 3pm. All interested players should arrive 30 minutes before tryout and check in at Hitter's Inc.(located in Bridge City behind the Little League). For more information please feel free to contact Ronnie Shugart (720-9297) or Sam Moore (779-1013).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gladiator2

Most of the kid's play football and tournaments are on the weekends. I'm sure that each age group will schedule their practices around football. During the fall most teams do not play a lot of tournaments. The main thing is getting your team together in the fall that you will be playing with in the spring. If you don't get your team together now than you miss out on several other good player's. Most select baseball player's still have to work on hitting even though football is around the corner. The big thing is making sure that all of the kid's arms get a good break because overuse is the leading cause for Tommy John surgery or other arm problems. Personally, I am ready for a break from baseball and to really get focused on football but in this day and time it just does not work like that unless you want to fall behind. I have a good feeling that this is going to turn into the top select organization in the area. Only time will tell!!!

Guest 1armpirate

Most of the kid's play football and tournaments are on the weekends. I'm sure that each age group will schedule their practices around football. During the fall most teams do not play a lot of tournaments. The main thing is getting your team together in the fall that you will be playing with in the spring. If you don't get your team together now than you miss out on several other good player's. Most select baseball player's still have to work on hitting even though football is around the corner. The big thing is making sure that all of the kid's arms get a good break because overuse is the leading cause for Tommy John surgery or other arm problems. Personally, I am ready for a break from baseball and to really get focused on football but in this day and time it just does not work like that unless you want to fall behind. I have a good feeling that this is going to turn into the top select organization in the area. Only time will tell!!!

Thanks...the only thing is football is palyed on Saturday.But I am sure we can work it out.

That's exactly what we are expecting. We will have two good organizations coming together to become one really good organization. I'm looking forward to tryouts and the new season.

It is time for football and it's a welcomed change. That being said the boys have to continue with their baseball workouts and practices. Good luck to everyone and I will see you at tryouts.

Is there a 16U team?  I noticed that tryout times were only up to 14yrs old.

There are still teams that go through 18. I think the original post has a phone number listed for Sam Moore. Call him and he can give you more information.

Why don't someone check into taking a select HS aged team to Houston for the fall season Mike Rutledge puts on at Kyle Chapman. Its been a few yrs since we were there but Mike has or has kept a slot open for a GT team in the past yrs. I dought you will find a fall league ANYWHERE in Tex. that showcases kids the way this program does for kids entering their senior yr. The intent of this league is for scouts both college and Pro to see and be able to follow the players of intrest in their senior season. BTW the #1 rule is no football players as its set up for dedicated BB players entering their sn yr. In the last 15+ yrs lots if not most kids in the Houston area that go on to play at the next level played in this fall program. The yr my son played he was placed on a Houston team (Lone Star) by the area Rangers scout, the same yr a GT team was coached by ?? a man from BC whos older son played for Rice (2nd), his team was comprised by E Tex and SW La players. I think that was the last yr (97) the GT was represented in Mike's fall ball.   

Just a clarification note:  Golden Triangle Baseball, Hitter's Inc.  will run slect teams from 7 - 14 years of age out of Hitter's Inc. under the tryout system.  Our 15-18 year olds(GT Baseball)  which is headed up by Chris Fackler will be a prospect only organization (which means players will be hand picked).  These teams are based out of Chris Fackler's facility in Bridge City (between subway and firestation).  If you have any questions feel free to pm or email at [email protected].

Sam Moore

Only reason why I asked the question is because my son played AAA and I do not want to worry about it if is is just AA.  They say once your AAA you can't go back to AA.  I don't suppose you would know the anser to that one.  It would help me out a lot knowing if you can or can't play back down.

**20-4A**

Beaumont Central

Beaumont Ozen

Lumberton

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Nederland

Port Neches-Groves

Vidor

9 positions x 7 schools = 63 players

**21-3A**

Bridge City

Hamshire-Fannett

Hardin-Jefferson

Orangefield

Silsbee

West Orange-Stark

9 positions x 6 schools = 54 players

When you quit working, your competition could take your spot.

Why don't someone check into taking a select HS aged team to Houston for the fall season Mike Rutledge puts on at Kyle Chapman. Its been a few yrs since we were there but Mike has or has kept a slot open for a GT team in the past yrs. I dought you will find a fall league ANYWHERE in Tex. that showcases kids the way this program does for kids entering their senior yr. The intent of this league is for scouts both college and Pro to see and be able to follow the players of intrest in their senior season. BTW the #1 rule is no football players as its set up for dedicated BB players entering their sn yr. In the last 15+ yrs lots if not most kids in the Houston area that go on to play at the next level played in this fall program. The yr my son played he was placed on a Houston team (Lone Star) by the area Rangers scout, the same yr a GT team was coached by ?? a man from BC whos older son played for Rice (2nd), his team was comprised by E Tex and SW La players. I think that was the last yr (97) the GT was represented in Mike's fall ball.     

\

Several organizations in Houston will be running fall teams. Kyle Chapman, Houston Heat, Ray Van Kuren's Saints to name a few. Also, Baseball USA is starting a top notch fall season this year with doubleheaders on Sundays. The Dallas area has been running a league similiar to this for a couple of years with great success. For more info go to www.houston5abaseball.com.

I could and have been wrong but I'm thinking both the teams mentioned played in Mikes fall league at Bayland Park. After league play 2 allstar teams are picked and play a cpl of games at Leo Dyer field (Blinn Coll), after this 1 team is picked and travel to Dallas for w/e games with the Dallas and SA allstars, then both Dallas and SA teams come down for another series that is played at a Houston area college facility>>was at A&M the yr my son played for Mike. I seriously dought you will find anyone more hooked up in Texas than Mike Rutledge. BTW, Ray Van Kuren was putting on summer tournaments in the late 90s and now I see he is still at it..... It would be good to see the GT represented again in this Fall showcase.  

\

Several organizations in Houston will be running fall teams. Kyle Chapman, Houston Heat, Ray Van Kuren's Saints to name a few. Also, Baseball USA is starting a top notch fall season this year with doubleheaders on Sundays. The Dallas area has been running a league similiar to this for a couple of years with great success. For more info go to www.houston5abaseball.com.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder