Isadore Planning KU Visit

The Kansas coaching staff is in the process of putting together a very impressive recruiting class. The Jayhawks have received 13 verbal commitments to date, but still hope to land several key prospects. One such prospect happens to be Justin Isadore, the 5-foot-11, 200-pound inside linebacker from Ozen High School in Beaumont, Texas.

Justin Isadore will visit Kansas

"I would say that I am wide-open right now," said Isadore. "Everybody is fair game in my recruitment. Kansas, Arizona State, TCU, Iowa State and Syracuse are some of the schools I want to visit. I definitely want to take a visit to Kentucky, too. I am going to unofficially visit TCU next weekend.

"My visit to TCU will be my first," he added. "I'm looking forward to the trip and hope to have a good time. I don't have any leaders, but Kansas and Iowa State are definitely recruiting me the hardest."

In all, Isadore, the No. 19 ranked inside linebacker in the class of 2009, has scholarship offers from Arizona State, Auburn, Colorado State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse and TCU. LSU has also expressed an interest in the three-star prospect.

While Isadore might not have any leaders at this time, there is absolutely no question that Coach Mark Mangino are the Jayhawks are very much a player in his recruitment.

In fact, Isadore told Jayhawk Slant that he currently has a high amount of interest in Kansas. Additionally, he plans to take an official visit to Kansas in the future.

"I am still very high on Kansas," said Isadore. "I'm definitely going to take an official visit to Kansas when I start taking my visits. I like the way Kansas plays. It seems like a hard working program, which is something I need.

"I also have a great relationship with Coach Blaney, who is my recruiting coordinator. Man, Coach Blaney is a cool dude and I really like him a lot. We've got a great relationship."

During his junior season at Ozen High School, Isadore was credited with 112 tackles and four interceptions. However, the season ended in disappointment, as Ozen went 4-6 on the year.

Isadore has several individual goals and team goals he hopes to achieve this upcoming season.

"My goals are to make the All-State team, the All-District team and to be named the Defensive MVP," he said. "I also want to play in the All-American game. We missed the playoffs last year, so I definitely want to make it back to the playoffs for the first time in two year."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin