*Wayne Mahaffey Named New HF Baseball Coach*

Wayne Mahaffey has been named the new HF Baseball Coach. Coach Mahaffey has been a teacher and coach for 31 years. He was the Head Baseball Coach at Grapeland from 80-82 then from 82-89 was an assisant at Bridge City with Coach Young. Coach Mahaffey is a Colmesneil Grad and a Grad of East Texas Baptist where he was a four sport player. He will also be an assisant Football Coach with the Longhorns. He recently coach several years at Rusk.

Now that it has become official I want to commend the community of HF for a great hire!! Wayne Mahaffey is a great coach, no matter the sport. He will be an asset to your district in whatever capacity. I will say it again you are lucky to have him and his family as apart of your district. The rest 21-AAA should take note because the Longhorns are better and no games or practices have yet to begin. Congratulations to Coach Mangan and all the kids, good luck.

Sounds great, but can someone tell me how much baseball experience he has and when the last time Coach Mahaffey coached baseball?  Just hoping that HF Baseball got a baseball COACH .... 

Another doubting Thomas?? I don't even have to look at a resume to know this was a great hire for baseball! Why must you? He has as much baseball experience as the coach that left and then tack on 25 more years of experience to boot in running entire athletic programs. Any questions??

Sorry for being the “doubting Thomasâ€, everyone deserves the opportunity to prove their self and I will give Coach that chance.  Yes, the resume is great, I‘m not challenging that!  All I was asking was when was the last time he was the High School Baseball Coach. (just like an employer would want to know when the last time you worked in that position)  I’m not dissing Football, but just would like it… if his priority is Baseball like Landry’s was, it just sounds like HF wanted a Football Coach and baseball was secondary. 

Sorry for being the “doubting Thomasâ€, everyone deserves the opportunity to prove their self and I will give Coach that chance.  Yes, the resume is great, I‘m not challenging that!  All I was asking was when was the last time he was the High School Baseball Coach. (just like an employer would want to know when the last time you worked in that position)  I’m not dissing Football, but just would like it… if his priority is Baseball like Landry’s was, it just sounds like HF wanted a Football Coach and baseball was secondary. 

Yea, that's what I was talking about.

Well, since I was the one that made the statement, I feel that your response to the comment "doubting Thomas" has done nothing to change my perception of your comment. You again only supported my perception of your original question and feelings of negativity in the hiring of this coach. You are (without merit I may add) are questioning the intentions of administration and their motives for hiring Coach Mahaffey. In particular you are publically bashing the intentions of the AD. You still feel that this man was hired to coach football "and by the way how do feel about coaching our baseball team on the side" feelings. Are you not?

Anyway, doubt if you want,  and hide it behind unmerited reasoning but this was a tremendous hire for your kids and your district, especially YOUR BASEBALL TEAM, and your being totally unfair to all parties involved in the hire and the man that chose to make HF his home. All I can say is I hope the other SUPPORTERS of HF athletics are not as distrusting, and critical of the AD and his future decisions for that district because if they feel as you do you will first eat your words and next probably run these good coaches off including the AD in no time. JMO

Good Luck Coach Mahaffey, you'll obviously need it.

Your perception of my comment is here nor there, I was only asking a question.  I have never bashed anyone; only stated that I hope Coach Mahaffey will be dedicated to baseball as much as Coach Landry was.  I agree Coach Mahaffey is a great hire, just because questions are ask you give the impression that we are out to run him off.  That is nonsense, we only want to know more about the man, you don’t know if you don’t ask… Coach Mahaffey probably has more support than you can imagine and no-one has meet him yet!  Coach Mangan has done a terrific job, this 2nd year should be wonderful, its not just the coaching but the morale standards that he holds all the athletes and Coach’s to.  Being Responsible for you actions!  Again, no doubting, no bashing just wanting to know more details other than he is great, we assume he would be or he wouldn’t be at HF !  Go Horns!!!

Thanks!

Your perception of my comment is here nor there, I was only asking a question.  I have never bashed anyone; only stated that I hope Coach Mahaffey will be dedicated to baseball as much as Coach Landry was.  I agree Coach Mahaffey is a great hire, just because questions are ask you give the impression that we are out to run him off.  That is nonsense, we only want to know more about the man, you don’t know if you don’t ask… Coach Mahaffey probably has more support than you can imagine and no-one has meet him yet!  Coach Mangan has done a terrific job, this 2nd year should be wonderful, its not just the coaching but the morale standards that he holds all the athletes and Coach’s to.   Being Responsible for you actions!  Again, no doubting, no bashing just wanting to know more details other than he is great, we assume he would be or he wouldn’t be at HF !  Go Horns!!!

Thanks!

Thanks SportRus, We at HF agree!  Go Horns!!! ;D

Well, I definitely appreciate your explanation and apologize for my assumption of reading negativity into your comments. I guess when you read enough of these posts it becomes a habit of hearing negativity. I truly believe Coach Mahaffey will do a wonderful job. I have only met the man twice over the last few years but I feel comfortable saying he is a tremendous asset to your kids and your district. And if you truly believe what you just said, then congratulate your administration and your AD because HF just became better to be, and from what it sounds like, this has been the norm recently. Good luck to Coach Landry as well. Thank you again for your explanation.

Well, I definitely appreciate your explanation and apologize for my assumption of reading negativity into your comments. I guess when you read enough of these posts it becomes a habit of hearing negativity. I truly believe Coach Mahaffey will do a wonderful job. I have only met the man twice over the last few years but I feel comfortable saying he is a tremendous asset to your kids and your district. And if you truly believe what you just said, then congratulate your administration and your AD because HF just became better to be, and from what it sounds like, this has been the norm recently. Good luck to Coach Landry as well. Thank you again for your explanation.

Where are you from King?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn