• Burkeville
    • Chester
    • Colmesneil
    • Evadale
    • High Island
    • Hull-Daisetta
    • Sabine Pass
    • West Hardin

The eight team district should be a lot of fun to watch this season.  Everyone knows who the top three teams are.  Speculation will be at its finest until September 26.  Evadale has a solid team which has improved over the last couple of years but have they developed into the District Champs that some are hoping for?  West Hardin & Hull Daisetta have really enjoyed themselves in the 1A ranks with their numbers alone, they could outlast their counterparts in District competition.  Both teams have graduated several players, but with Hull returning 9 defensive starters, they should prove to be the distinct front runner. 

We, as Parents & Fans have high expectations for our respective teams and will cheer with excitement on every snap of the ball with hopes that each players will be the best that they can possibly be at that exact moment in time.

Iron Man Football, there are only a few that can do it!

The rest have to watch from the side lines!

i think that HD will win the district this year in a tough game over Evadale. yes Evadale has more numbers coming back but i think they are young so i think we can out athlete them. yes HD lost some speed but i think we still have the fastest kid in the district maybe in Dickerson, 6' 2" 200lb and cook is in better shape than ever. and with Elliott at QB whats wrong with cook left dickerson right then maybe a pass to fontain. nothing wrong with that to me

Guest ECBucFan

i think that HD will win the district this year in a tough game over Evadale.... i think we can out athlete them.

Thats what I am thinking, too.

HD, Evadale, WH.

Sabine Pass Sharks

The Sabine Pass Sharks enter their 3rd year back competing in UIL football in 2008. They have struggled since moving back, posting a 4-12 record in those 2 seasons. They have been a part of a tough 1A district with battles with West Hardin, Hull-Daisetta, Evadale and High Island. Add 3 new teams to the district in Burkeville, Colmesneil and Chester and the road to the playoffs will be much tougher in the new 23-1A. Coach Jason Thibodeaux has 14 total starters back that will try to bring the Sharks into playoff contention in 2008.

Key Wins Last Year

Beaumont Legacy (12-6)

Last Year’s Scores

Sabine Pass 12 Beaumont Legacy 6

Galveston O’Connell 30 Sabine Pass 13

Chester 44 Sabine Pass 6

Burkeville 51 Sabine Pass 8

West Hardin 37 Sabine Pass 0

Hull-Daisetta 40 Sabine Pass 6

High Island 41 Sabine Pass 20

Evadale 42 Sabine Pass 18

Offense

Sabine Pass has 7 starters back from an offensive unit that averaged 10 points per game in 2007. RB Brad Berg will lead the Shark rushing attack in 2008. Drew Carlos will call the signals at QB and will have Danzel Jones and Josh James as his go to guys at WR. Leading the way on the line will be Jimmy Conkle, Drew Pierce and Othello Edwards.

Other Key Players

Frankie Flores (TE)

Defense

The Sharks also have 7 defensive starters back from last year’s team that allowed 36 points per game. The top returning tackler for Sabine Pass is DE Logan Peltier. Last season Peltier came away with 45 tackles. The Sharks should be pretty solid in the secondary with CB Ryan Nguyen and CB Justin Nguyen leading the way. Look for the LB group to be tough as well with David Uher and Hunter Cruthirds.

Other Key Players

Trevor McNeil (DE)

Sabine Pass will have just one non-district game in 2008. They will travel to Galveston O’Connell on September 5. The Sharks open 23-1A play on September 26 at Evadale. The regular season finale will pit the Sharks against rival High Island. Here is the complete 2008 schedule for the Sabine Pass Sharks……

Aug. 29 OPEN

Sept. 5 @ Galveston O'Connell

Sept. 12 OPEN

Sept. 19 OPEN

Sept. 26 @ Evadale*

Oct. 3 Chester*

Oct. 10 @ Colmesneil*

Oct. 17 @ West Hardin*

Oct. 24 Hull-Daisetta*

Oct. 31 @ Burkeville*

Nov. 7 High Island*

Guest beat-em_deep

should be an interesting year fun to watch ... its gonna come down to has the most heart and who wants it more.

the ? is How Bad Do You Want It!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder