*Lumberton Raiders 2008 Football Team Preview*

Actually Kyle Gilliam C(6'1" 255 5.1 Honorable mention All-State), Hunter Howden T(6'5" 280 5.3 currently holds 6 D-1 offers and LSU, Oklahoma State are considering offering), and Matt Burkhalter were all starters at some point. Burkhalter played as a blocking TE in our 2 tight set and is the strongest OL on the Team. Seth Cook a Jr. will take PJ Hartts place and Seth (6 250, 5.08) is also a very talented young player. Mark Murrill will also play some Guard and is extremely talented 6'1" 240 4.85 at the TCU camp and Joey Swetland a Jr is also looking very good and is another Young player we are looking to contribute. Taylor Granato was a starter last year at WR until he got Staph infection in his collar bone and missed from the Dayton game on and Jacob Hanna played alot of Tailback and Fullback last season ran for around 400 yards last season and avg over 8 yards per carry. his sophmore season he started against Nederland bc hussy was hurt and ran for 137 yards on 24 carries and had 2 TDs. also returned 3 kicks for TDs last year. Anthony Beard will also play some tailback and had over 400 yards last year 6 TDs and avg over 8 yards per carry.

DL wise Duvall DE, Hanna DE, Murrill NT are returning leaving us one spot to fill

Which D-1 schools have already made offers to Hunter Howden.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a 14---but seriously---Lumberton had a breakout season last year--congrats but according to the review you have six returning starters---no matter how you slice it that has to be an uphill fight--and I seriously believe that Barbers Hill will have their way with Lumberton like an accountant in prison

We will beat BH and anyone else for that matter . As far as us winning state I think that is a bold statement but we will.

not a bold statement--just a stupid one as is the first one as well-----you people have ONE good year and everyone else sucks---

I love all the trash talk!!!!! Feels like football season!!!!!  In my opinion Lumberton wil finish no better than 4th in district this year.  I admit yall had a GREAT team last year.  But take it from a humbled Nederland fan, It is not going to happen every season!!!!  I hope yall are good again. I loved the enthusiasm Lumberton brought last year. I do think yall will have a very good running back.

I am a 14---but seriously---Lumberton had a breakout season last year--congrats but according to the review you have six returning starters---no matter how you slice it that has to be an uphill fight--and I seriously believe that Barbers Hill will have their way with Lumberton like an accountant in prison

okay, go get the dave campbells from lastyear and see what we were expected to finish. NO ONE expected it, except us. think what you want! we DON'T care what ya'll think. we will go out every friday night and play our butts off. regardless of whether ppl think we can do it. so who cares how many returning starters there is. coach credeur has taught us one thing above everything else, and thats HEART. were not saying we will win state, win district, or make the playoffs. but we will play with HEART. every game will be a fight, and trust me.. we WILL be ready.

okay, go get the dave campbells from lastyear and see what we were expected to finish. NO ONE expected it, except us. think what you want! we DON'T care what ya'll think. we will go out every friday night and play our butts off. regardless of whether ppl think we can do it. so who cares how many returning starters there is. coach credeur has taught us one thing above everything else, and thats HEART. were not saying we will win state, win district, or make the playoffs. but we will play with HEART. every game will be a fight, and trust me.. we WILL be ready.

Easy there skippy dont get so riled.

Can you tell us how you really feel? We are just funning with ya there AJ so chill.

Hussey played with alot of heart, that is going to be one of the biggest set of shoes to fill for the Raiders. Players like him are hard to come by.

hussey's heart is one of the things that made him so good. but yea, we will def miss him.

I have a feeling beard will do a fine job of that...especially with the added speed he will bring.

Speed helps but heart breaks tackles.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder