Southeast Texas fans show support for former Ozen standout Perkins

Guest DickVitale

A bunch of "johnny come latelys" if you ask me...Where was all this "support" 5 years ago when he got drafted and was not seeing much playing time initially? FAIRWEATHER FANS...Thats what they are...He becomes a starter on a championship team, now everybody loves him...how shallow....I have been there from day one...I mean day one as in freshman year at Ozen, BEFORE he became "Big Perk" and I have seen all the doubters and nay sayers...Even after he was drafted, BEAUMONT people had NEGATIVE things to say. Remember after we lost the 2002 title to Dallas Lincoln? "Perk was shown up by (Lincoln's Chris) Bosh...he was exploited...he is lazy..he is this, he is that" That was so incorrect, yet these "proud" Beaumonters were talking down on him since then... NOW they are so "supportive"  Give me a break....BOY, HOW THINGS CHANGE....INSTANTLY....OK, I am off of that soapbox...Congrats BIG FELLA...I KNEW you would do well in the NBA...Enjoy your day in the sun...You have worked hard and earned your due....I know...I was there....

A bunch of "johnny come latelys" if you ask me...Where was all this "support" 5 years ago when he got drafted and was not seeing much playing time initially? FAIRWEATHER FANS...Thats what they are...He becomes a starter on a championship team, now everybody loves him...how shallow....I have been there from day one...I mean day one as in freshman year at Ozen, BEFORE he became "Big Perk" and I have seen all the doubters and nay sayers...Even after he was drafted, BEAUMONT people had NEGATIVE things to say. Remember after we lost the 2002 title to Dallas Lincoln? "Perk was shown up by (Lincoln's Chris) Bosh...he was exploited...he is lazy..he is this, he is that" That was so incorrect, yet these "proud" Beaumonters were talking down on him since then... NOW they are so "supportive"  Give me a break....BOY, HOW THINGS CHANGE....INSTANTLY....OK, I am off of that soapbox...Congrats BIG FELLA...I KNEW you would do well in the NBA...Enjoy your day in the sun...You have worked hard and earned your due....I know...I was there....

Thats the nature of the beast......to be loved, you have to perform.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder