23-2A Next Year

Guest A-TOWN

• 1 month later...

Kountze will go undeafted in district play this season.... look for them in Woodville to meet down the road in the playoffs for another big game like last year in Evadale!! And yes Kayla Hargraves and Kayla johnson are really good, but there are other good players on the team... sry if i butcherd names lol

E.c. Has an incredible incoming freshmen class which won't effect much this year except for one player who I'm guessing will start on varsity, but e.c. Made playoffs last year and didn't graduate any key players

I have seen the "incredible incoming freshmen class" and I do agree that the one you are talking about should play varsity.  The tall girl, can't remember her name or number, could jump out of the gym, but the rest of the team, without her, is really very ordinary, no offense intended...just my 2 cents.  There are a couple girls on that team that can ball though...a little redhead who was a blur on defense and there was one who could shoot, although very streaky.  The incoming Hardin freshmen class lost to this incoming EC frosh team by a combined 2 points (over 2 games and both games were played in EC) and that was the only team they lost to in JH.

but my picks for the 3 playoff teams in 23-2a are Kountze, EC and maybe a dogfight between Anahuac, Hardin or even Dville.

it amazes me that someone could actually believe that ONE person on a team could single handedly beat another team. This is a TEAM sport and it takes a TEAM to help one another on the court at all times to achieve a win. If one person could win alone, it would not be a team sport. As usual some need to be reminded that there is no I in team. It is true that there may be a player or players that lead a team but without his or HER team mates they would be no good alone. Maybe those entering high school and or any grade level should remember this philosophy and appreciate their teammates for all of the hard work put in by all involved. As far as Deweyville's freshman are concerned there are a number of very talented players with a lot to offer to all of the Lady Pirate Sports this year. We are truly looking forward to a great and successful year to come.  :)

#1 Sports Fan, as you did not hide your email address in your profile and by looking at your email address it is VERY obvious as to who you are (and it is not one of the players from the other team), this will be my last reply to this post. As you are the parent of the player you are saying won the game single handedly it is easy to see why you would feel this way. Believe me that I was at that game along with all of the other parents who were out that evening to support our girls as well as being at all of the games I was able to make which was almost all of them. I do believe that these ladies work well together and will be very successful as they embark on their high school athletic career. I just hope that everyone involved can remember that as a team they are stronger than an individual can be. I will be at the games this season supporting all of the girls as they play and cheering for all of them. Thank you and let's hope our girls have a great year in Volleyball, Basketball, Track, and any other sport they join.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it amazes me that someone could actually believe that ONE person on a team could single handedly beat another team. This is a TEAM sport and it takes a TEAM to help one another on the court at all times to achieve a win. If one person could win alone, it would not be a team sport. As usual some need to be reminded that there is no I in team. It is true that there may be a player or players that lead a team but without his or HER team mates they would be no good alone. Maybe those entering high school and or any grade level should remember this philosophy and appreciate their teammates for all of the hard work put in by all involved. As far as Deweyville's freshman are concerned there are a number of very talented players with a lot to offer to all of the Lady Pirate Sports this year. We are truly looking forward to a great and successful year to come.  :)

just like you said, there is no I in team that is why i think that kountze lionettes should take it all the way! these girls work well together and its not just one, two, or three players that run the team! they play so well together. the coach has the players ready and even though 2 of the girls wont be back from volleyball at the beginning of the season due to playoff (fingers crossed) by the time district rolls around it should be lionettes all the way!!!  ;D

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami