Liberty or Huffman in 2008

Guest etbu

who wins this season...it will be a really good game in my opinion

Considering that we have never beat Liberty don't know if we have much room to talk. We are coming off a two year stint of 5-15 so we need all the help we can get.

Ok, I'll take Huffman !

HAHAHA  ;D i played huffman last year and no offense......but there weak, if that's the best game liberty's got next year it should be smooth sailin for the panther's ;D  ;)

Thanks for the luv there Adams and have fun with Dayton, and Longview then come run your gap how bad Huffman is. Excuse me  but BH make the playoff's last year?

Yeah that is a tough history with yall and Liberty...i think coldsprings has been there toughest opponent in the past couple of years not huffman...when Liberty and Huffman played before they went to 4a they were still all really close and great games to watch at that.

Yeah that is a tough history with yall and Liberty...i think coldsprings has been there toughest opponent in the past couple of years not huffman...when Liberty and Huffman played before they went to 4a they were still all really close and great games to watch at that.

Yea the Panthers owned us for years but the last four or five years prior to moving up we had some talented kids. The well went dry on us three years ago and why we got smoked in 4-a. We are not near as big as we were four years ago but have some hard working kids. We have a really strong fish class coming up and so hopefully we will have a good run. Good luck to Liberty always fun getting together.

Guest Bobcat

BHgrizzlyAdams - Ya'll need to worry about making the playoffs - right now DC left you guys out. I know the magazine doesn't mean anything but I don't see you guys getting in. Taking Dayton, North Forest, CE King and Crosby :D.

ETBU - I'm calling it right now - you guys won't get in either - I've seen you guys play the past two years in 4A (No set offensive gameplan - changes week to week; the whole system changes just stick to something so your kids will have a chance; for that defense you guys run, you guys don't have the talent to be running a 3/3 stack) - pretty ugly. And I've seen you guys play before ya'll moved up - ya'lls talent is gone. For that freshmen class - there not that good. I'll take - Coldsprings, Cleveland and Splendora to get in - (What a WEAK district). Liberty will contend.

Just my opinion - not blasting anyone.

Good Luck to BH and HuffMAN! Have fun watching the playoffs this year ;D!!!

I think the so called liberty curse will be broken this season. Huffman is packing them into the weight room this summer. There is a good chance Huffman will come out on top. Alot of returning starters and the weak senior class is finally out of there!!!

Guest blade_65

i have talked to alot coaches from the 4a district they were in and they said top three if not better for huffman this year and besides liberty will be 2-8 or 3-7.  the talent level is in the gutter right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Liberty 2-8 or 3-7

Hell - I'll take that bet.  Liberty will contend for a District Playoff spot and has an outside chance to will that district.  My prediction is Liberty will be  6-4 and will be 4-2 in district play.

It seems that even when Liberty has strong teams they never get respect.  Liberty last year had a tough year no doubt by they played with every team they lined up agianst.  The year before - take out the blowout by WOS in the playoffs and every other game could have gone either way.

Liberty will not be a world beater but the teams they play better be ready.

Go Panthers! 8)

Guest etbu

Liberty 2-8 or 3-7

heck - I'll take that bet.  Liberty will contend for a District Playoff spot and has an outside chance to will that district.  My prediction is Liberty will be  6-4 and will be 4-2 in district play.

It seems that even when Liberty has strong teams they never get respect.  Liberty last year had a tough year no doubt by they played with every team they lined up agianst.  The year before - take out the blowout by WOS in the playoffs and every other game could have gone either way.

Liberty will not be a world beater but the teams they play better be ready.

Go Panthers! 8)

Good post

Guest blade_65

to many former coaches have said not enough talent to play with coldsprings and splendora, and dont think cleveland is going back to the ways of old

liberty battles to stay out of the basement and liberty better be glad their not play hd or hardin in real games because they will be 0-2

dont even bring up the playing dayton again

Blade

I guess we will have to see how the season goes - but 0-2 versus HD and Hardin - I really don't think so ::)  I always muse at how in a non-equal world (1A - 2A - 3A) that people equate the quality of teams and their records.  Hardin I think would have the best chance of beating Liberty but I would not give them the game and am not 100% sure that they would win.  HD on the other hand - sorry - good quality team for their district in the 1A ranks but not enough depth to play with Liberty.  Dayton - I agree it might be awhile before Liberty can hope to play with the Broncos. :(

And who are these Coaches that are saying the talent level is so low?  Of the coaches that I know that have left - and I know most of them - the Liberty players have told me that the offensive and defensive lines will be solid - the only really unknown is that Liberty will have to develop a RB - but they have 2-3 good possibilities.

As far as fighting to get out of the basement  :o no that position is owned by Tarkington and Shephard and I do not see that changing anytime soon.  ;D

Go Panthers

Huffman overcomes the curse of Liberty and WINS this year!! If not ETBU will have his son running laps for the rest of the year ;D ;D

Ha

everyone is always so negative on here.....if I wasnt such a happy guy I might be in depression right now..Ha ha ha...

anyways, I bet if you asked the teams over in hadin or HD they would tell you that they dont think they could beat us.

and as far as "former coaches and or staff members" go......I mean come on...its liberty...who ever told you that some coach said liberty doesnt have enough talent to play with coldsprings is BLIND/STUPID. and besides..they probably overheard uncle T-ray talking about something he heard at a gas station in cleveland on his way home from some late night beer binge....

look, this is all im saying...i understand that when everybody logs on to their computer they turn into some expert on the in-s and out-s of high school football/everything.....but come on the speculation on liberty has gone far enough...if you think we suck, cool. who cares?? but for heavens sake find something else to talk about..

as a ancient american philosopher/my mother once said...."IF YOU CANT SAY NUTHIN NICE, KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT!"

Im not sure what your talking about....??

come on man, have I ever posted anything without adding a little sarcasim???

but I guess expecting a guy named "slimbo" to understand would just be rediculous...

besides, its typed text...i cant hear a thing. nevermind...i take that back.....CLICK CLICK CLICK.....CLICK CLICK..

• 2 weeks later...

Slimbo you may be right about the 2-8 thing or 3-7 but one of those wins will definitly be against yall!!!  ;D but us over here in LIBERTY are definitly expecting a much better turn out than most think...we will be making a playoff run and district title run

Playa i agree with you man you got it all worked out in your head, they are negative about everything towards us but that is because they all know we can kick it in at anytime and beat any of them... i cant wait for monday its going to be great!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cebis
    Newest Member
    cebis