**Buna vs. Corsicana Mildred Semi Final BROADCAST/BUNA COMES UP SHORT!**

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

upandunder, you have way overstepped your boundaries!  This is a forum for opinions, merely opinions.  Were you at the game?  Noone here in Round Rock or here on this forum blamed Coach Terrier.  Opinion at the ballpark was that he should have pulled him earlier also, but he chose to stick with one of his hosses who got this team here.  The Cougars more than held their own and this team will be in the hunt again next year!  My pick after watching the sticks that Salado had in game 1 today, is that Salado will torch the pitching of Mildred and win the title for them.  The Coogs will be in the house for the 'ship game.  Great season Coach T and the Cougars!!!  I hope I didn't misspell any words here....

No, I wouldn't have. The fact of the matter is that Hillin started to show some signs of wear even in the 6th, as stated by the commentator on the live feed, which is uncharacteristic of Brandon as shown by his regular season/post season record of 10-0 before this game. The commentator also made a comment something to the extent of "It looks like Hillin might have stayed out a bit too long". Are you going to point the perverbial finger at him as well, claiming that he was making an attempt to coach the cougars? I think most people on this forum will agree that your accusations are completely out of line, and your comments hold absolutely no weight at all. This is a forum, and is here for people to post their opinions about sports, not for degenerates like yourself to post opinions...ABOUT PEOPLE POSTING OPINIONS. Do yourself a favor, and get a life. I am terribly sorry that you feel the way you do about my comments, and hope that someday you can find it within the depths of your soul to suck it up, and move on from what is, in your mind, a travesty. Let me make it known to you that I support all Cougar athletics, and hold Coach Terrier in the highest regard, not only as a baseball coach, but as a friend and mentor to his players, and as a wonderful teacher as well.

Joel Howell Jr.

PS-Thanks for calling me "Jr.", I'm damn proud of it.

Yeah, 7 returners.  4 will be seniors in '09, 3 will be juniors.  They have 3 sophmores who should get alot of playing time this next year along with a few reserve seniors filling in as well.  Graduating seniors were in left field (Carrell) and second base (Clark).

I would first like to take this time to show great appreciation and gratitude to the classiest group of young men and coaches around. This has been a great season. These guys have brought more pride to Buna High School in the last 2 years then anyone can imagine. They have a 2 year combined total record of 44 wins and 14 losses, a playoff record of 12-4 over the last 2 years, and with the experience returning, one could only expect more success next year. Thank you men and young men for a great ride in the 2008 baseball season.

I would also like to thank the great fans that support the Cougar baseball program. I know from my coaching background that there are those that will always second guess a coaches decision; this is easy when there is already an outcome. I personally know how much thought and preparation Coach Terrier puts on every decision that he makes regarding these young men. He has taught them way more than just baseball over his teaching and coaching career. I know that some out there think that young Hillin was running out of steam as some would say, but he has gotten out of the same jams on numerous occasions during the playoffs. A pitch count was kept and even in the seventh inning he was throwing 83 - 85 mph. This young man has done wonderful things throughout the year and neither him nor his coach should have to read things about how in some people's opinions they cost the Cougars the game. These young men play with great character and heart and I am awfully proud of them. I think that everyone should be supporting them Win, Lose, or Draw not commenting on what could've, should've, would've happened. What happened came about because it was God's will and I would like to challenge all of you to take time to tell the players and coaches you are proud of them and what they have done for Buna High School.

Guest A-TOWN

I would first like to take this time to show great appreciation and gratitude to the classiest group of young men and coaches around. This has been a great season. These guys have brought more pride to Buna High School in the last 2 years then anyone can imagine. They have a 2 year combined total record of 44 wins and 14 losses, a playoff record of 12-4 over the last 2 years, and with the experience returning, one could only expect more success next year. Thank you men and young men for a great ride in the 2008 baseball season.

I would also like to thank the great fans that support the Cougar baseball program. I know from my coaching background that there are those that will always second guess a coaches decision; this is easy when there is already an outcome. I personally know how much thought and preparation Coach Terrier puts on every decision that he makes regarding these young men. He has taught them way more than just baseball over his teaching and coaching career. I know that some out there think that young Hillin was running out of steam as some would say, but he has gotten out of the same jams on numerous occasions during the playoffs. A pitch count was kept and even in the seventh inning he was throwing 83 - 85 mph. This young man has done wonderful things throughout the year and neither him nor his coach should have to read things about how in some people's opinions they cost the Cougars the game. These young men play with great character and heart and I am awfully proud of them. I think that everyone should be supporting them Win, Lose, or Draw not commenting on what could've, should've, would've happened. What happened came about because it was God's will and I would like to challenge all of you to take time to tell the players and coaches you are proud of them and what they have done for Buna High School.

I agree with you Chief

Amen Chief. Baseball is a game of chance and strategy, and I know from personally knowing Coach Terrier, and knowing how much of his time he pours into his program, even down to mowing the field, there is no better man to make the calls for the Cougars. Waiting after the walk and HBP to make the change didn't cost them the game. Nothing did. They played excellent. Someone had to lose though.

Congratulations Buna on a great year in district and playoffs. There is no reason that this and more cannot be reached next year.Thanks seniors for your steady play and leadership. Long runs in the playoffs will be the launching pad for next year with the extra practice and reps.With great pitching coming back and ample hitting and defense anything can happen.Thanks to SETX Sports,and the sponsors that put their wallets where their hearts are.Keep your heads up Coogs,roll call at State is a VERY short list!!!

hillin has found himself in several situations such as the one this weekend against Mildred. Every single time (to my knowledge) he has found a way to battle back and pull through. He couldn't quite do it this weekend, but who cares. That's baseball. And howell jr. wasn't taking a shot at coach T. It was really hot, Hillin had been in for 6 innings, ANYBODY would have been tired. Should he have came out? Maybe. But that situation is such a delicate one in trying to decide if you go with somone new, or do you leave Hillin in and try and get 3 ground balls. He's done it all year long, why should now be any different? He pitched an excellent game, pitched excellent all season long, and coach Terrier and his class act 2-A program did an outstanding job this year. Go coogs!

Guest A-TOWN

hillin has found himself in several situations such as the one this weekend against Mildred. Every single time (to my knowledge) he has found a way to battle back and pull through. He couldn't quite do it this weekend, but who cares. That's baseball. And howell jr. wasn't taking a shot at coach T. It was really hot, Hillin had been in for 6 innings, ANYBODY would have been tired. Should he have came out? Maybe. But that situation is such a delicate one in trying to decide if you go with somone new, or do you leave Hillin in and try and get 3 ground balls. He's done it all year long, why should now be any different? He pitched an excellent game, pitched excellent all season long, and coach Terrier and his class act 2-A program did an outstanding job this year. Go coogs!

I agree with you jhizzle

Let's not forget about the season and what a season it was Buna Players and Coaches have nothing I mean nothing to hang their heads about CONGULATIONS on a GREAT SEASON...When you make it as far as the young men did that says something about them and the Coaches..Be proud Buna....not mad!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder