AllStars for the 2000 & 8. (Shetland & PINTO)

Guest bigfanman

Guest bigfanman

Allright guys, it's that time again.........ALLSTARS!!!!! (WHERE THE REAL FUN BEGINS) ALL comments welcome on Shetland & PINTO Allstars for the 2008 season. Who's who & What's what?!?!? ??? ???

Guest bigfanman

The Vidor Shetland team had a VERY STRONG team last yr with Orange not too far behind them. Both of those teams should come out a FORCE this year. I am really interested to see how Groves will fare as they had a good team in the Director's Tournament.

Guest bigfanman

I think you are right on with the Shetland Pics but when I refered to the Shetland's Vidor & Orange teams I was refering to last yrs which means they will be Pinto's team this year.

My Pics for Pinto AllStars are:

1. Vidor

2. Orange/Groves  (Will be close battle for 2nd between these two teams so which ever one doesn't place second I believe will place

a close 3rd)

3. Groves/Orange

4. Twin County

5. P.A.

I don't know about the 8 year old crop, but at the 7 year old level, Vidor and Orange are both very strong.  The core of the Vidor Shetland Allstars from last year were on the same team in Pinto this year and managed to win it as an expansion team.  Their coach does a very good job and is prepared and gets the boys prepared.  He is coaching the First Team Allstars. 

Orange's 7 year old crop had some big sticks. 

I am ranking them as follows based on what I saw in the Shetland Directors Tourney:

1.  Vidor

2.  Twin County

3.  Orange

4.  Groves

5.  Port Arthur

Lazeek:

For our Shetland Tournament, it will be interesting.  Orange had so many teams that it is hard to rank them for me.  Groves Yankees had some studs so I am not surprised that they had 4 All Stars.  Seems like TC did well but we only saw you guys in the Championship.  As for Vidor, the talent is spread.  We had 9 teams but only 7 in the Tournament.  The First Team will likely have kids from 7 different teams (just a guess).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vpfootball

Vidor can win it if its done right kids in the right positions and all the coaches work TOGETHER..if that happens Vidor wins..

TC announced their two teams yesterday and practice will begin tomorrow.  Our first team should be pretty strong.  The Lugnuts had 4 kids make it, Scrappers had 3, Bulls had 3, Mudcats and SandGnats each had one make it.  Bulls coach got the All-Star job this year for the first team.

Lazeek,

Are you on the 1st team with your son?  I thought you might be the coach for All-Stars as well.  I know you have the energy and enthusiasm.  And ya'll had a great little team when we played you in the Finals.

Our Vidor teams are picked and I believe that both teams will be very solid.  I am coaching one of the teams and am lucky to have 2 of my in-season coaches also have their sons make the team as well.  That makes 3 and we also have a coach that I was on staff with last year in All-Stars.  We also have a ton of great dads on the team as well.  We could have twice as many coaches off this team if the rules allowed for such.  If we have coaching problems this year, then the only person to blame is the Head Coach.

As far as our team goes, the talent came off 7 different league teams.  Only 1 or 2 boys will likely play in the same position that they played in league.  If the boys can come together as a team, then I like our chances.  If not, I will take all of the blame. 

Good Luck to All of the teams.  Do you know if Groves, Orange, and Pt. Arthur are taking 1 team or 2 teams to the tournament?

Lazeek,

Are you on the 1st team with your son?  I thought you might be the coach for All-Stars as well.  I know you have the energy and enthusiasm.  And ya'll had a great little team when we played you in the Finals.

Our Vidor teams are picked and I believe that both teams will be very solid.  I am coaching one of the teams and am lucky to have 2 of my in-season coaches also have their sons make the team as well.  That makes 3 and we also have a coach that I was on staff with last year in All-Stars.  We also have a ton of great dads on the team as well.  We could have twice as many coaches off this team if the rules allowed for such.  If we have coaching problems this year, then the only person to blame is the Head Coach.

As far as our team goes, the talent came off 7 different league teams.  Only 1 or 2 boys will likely play in the same position that they played in league.  If the boys can come together as a team, then I like our chances.  If not, I will take all of the blame. 

Good Luck to All of the teams.  Do you know if Groves, Orange, and Pt. Arthur are taking 1 team or 2 teams to the tournament?

Yes my son is on the first team.  I am not a coach but I help at practice.  We are a young team.  We had practice last night for the first time and there were some bright spots and some bad spots.  Only having three weeks is going to be tough.

daddy23, I left you a message yesterday on your cell.  Call me today.....TC wants to scrimmage Vidor if you are interested.

Groves Pinto team wont be as good as the past 3 years that we've been a part of it. They should be able to win a couple of games, depending on who they play  early on. There are a few good players on the team but there are 6 kids that decided not to play this year because of select ball including my son. Five of those six would have made A team for sure and the other boy was right on the border of A and B team.

Groves Pinto team wont be as good as the past 3 years that we've been a part of it. They should be able to win a couple of games, depending on who they play  early on. There are a few good players on the team but there are 6 kids that decided not to play this year because of select ball including my son. Five of those six would have made A team for sure and the other boy was right on the border of A and B team.

I also heard that Groves American lost some players to Groves National.  What is the story there? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder