Memorial Weekend "NAFA Qualifier" Beaumont, Texas

Here is a copy of the weekend pool schedule for the "NAFA Qualifier" in Beaumont.  We have Twenty 18U teams, five 12U, and five 14U teams playing.  The 14U championship game begins at 9:30 on Saturday night.  The 12U and 18U championship game begins at 4:00pm on Sunday.  Pool games start at 8:00am and bracket at 2:15.  The last game of the day begins at 9:30 Saturday night.  We have 66 games scheduled for Saturday on 6 fields and 18 games scheduled on Sunday at the Beaumont Municipal Sports Complex on College Street.

Here is a copy of the weekend pool schedule for the "NAFA Qualifier" in Beaumont.  We have Twenty 18U teams, five 12U, and five 14U teams playing.  The 14U championship game begins at 9:30 on Saturday night.  The 12U and 18U championship game begins at 4:00pm on Sunday.  Pool games start at 8:00am and bracket at 2:15.  The last game of the day begins at 9:30 Saturday night.  We have 66 games scheduled for Saturday on 6 fields and 18 games scheduled on Sunday at the Beaumont Municipal Sports Complex on College Street.

Must be basking in the win glory. Where ARE the BRACKETS :D ;D

Here is a copy of the weekend pool schedule for the "NAFA Qualifier" in Beaumont.

Nothing followed.....

I am not as smart at this as Birdman.  He may need to help me out.  Also as an umpire you may need to get those eyes checked.  It was an attachment!

Here is a copy of the weekend pool schedule for the "NAFA Qualifier" in Beaumont.

Nothing followed.....

I am not as smart at this as Birdman.  He may need to help me out.  Also as an umpire you may need to get those eyes checked.  It was an attachment!

Most be my compute, it came out blank on me.

Guest WeedBegone

Weed news article

Good to see so many of you posters out at the the Beaumont Complex.

Some of today's headlines:

Crush Crew --missing their dog-watchers

Cheater creates huge dust cloud while 4 wheeling on public property

Crush Crew considers changing program name to "BEACH BOYS"

A softball game turns into a volleyball game.

Umpires use Sand Dollars for coin toss.

Two teams hindered by crabs.

Pitchers rubber falls in sink-whole larger than Daisetta's

Field conditions at Beaumont c0omplex--SANDY

Umpires at softball tournaments in Beaumont being replaced by Life guards

These are just a few of the headlines describint field conditions at the Beaumont complex.  First time i have ever seen umpirs call time out to sweep off second base because runners could not find it. 

Anyway, gotta go get some rest,  I think i'll have a SAND--witch first.

For whom ever stole the brand new jugs net at this tournament at the complex on College St......

Congratulations.  You made our brand new teams very first tournament a memorable one. >:(

But its ok.  Because if there is one thing I know for sure..[glow=red,2,300]Karma is a bi*ch!![/glow] 8)

Guest stircrazy

Congrats to the 1st place winners: TX Shockwave 18 gold 1st

Orange Crush (Cole) 14u 1st

Orange Crush (Collins) 12u 1ST

Thanks for all the support from the 30 teams that played . 

Guest stircrazy

OCG went 4-2 this weekend and finished 5th. Still missing our Ned girls and not having any practices really didn't effect us on Saturday but showed up on Sunday. Bek and Alex pitched well on Sat and we had players playing in positions that they have not played in before. Courtney had a great weekend playing 1st and catching. She also had some big hits. Collins looked great at 2nd and Breshears looked good at 3rd. A BIG thanks to Jessica Franklin and Peyton Hughes for helping us out this weekend. Jess played RF most of the weekend and was always there to backup throws and do the little things that don't showup in the boxscore . Peyton played left and made some big catches and hit the ball really well against some quality pitching. Thanks ladies.

Aside from the field conditions as stated by my esteem collegue WBG, I think things went well.

IT WAS HOT AND HUMID.

I called 12 games, 8 Sat. and 4 on Sunday.

Not taking anything from any team, but the best game I was involved in was on Sunday during

the 12U Chmpionship.

Those gals have heart and desire.  Orange Crush and GT Shockers.  It was a shame one of them

had to finish second.  The game went into two ITB's [extra innings beyond scheduile time].  If

the third ITB inning would have been necessary, I would have said let'em end in a tie and share

the crown.[Not sure I could have gone another inning anway]

It seemed as all, each and every player on both teams, still had the entergy and desire remaining

in them that that had on Sat. when they started playing.

Congratulations to both teams, coaching staffs and fans.

Congratulations to Thompson's bunch for qualifying.  They were forced to play with just nine.  As

a 14U playing up, they were facing some very touch teams.

Congratulations to all local teams.

Coaches [most] and fans were excellent.  Good turn out and some good softball.

For whom ever stole the brand new jugs net at this tournament at the complex on College St......

Congratulations.  You made our brand new teams very first tournament a memorable one. >:(

But its ok.  Because if there is one thing I know for sure..[glow=red,2,300]Karma is a bi*ch!![/glow] 8)

We were one of the last teams that left field "E" Saturday night and I seen one sitting there but I thought it was for one of the teams still there. Check with Ms. Rose at the complex (City Of Beaumont Parks and Recreation) She or her crew might have put it in the building.  There was a crew of her's there late emptying trash.

G.T. Shockers Gold finished 3rd and was 8 wins 2 loses on the weekend. When you lose your first bracket game it makes for a long weekend. We played 5 games on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. The tournament was ran very well and the umpires did a good job all day both days.  We just need to get those sponge balls thrown out a little sooner. I was impressed that even at the end of Sunday my team showed no signs of heat exhaustion and no mental weakness in the last game. They were tired but still playing hard diving for balls and doing whatever we could to win. A great first tournament THANKS to all who worked so to make it happen.   

Im pretty positive the net was stolen.  There were two buckets sitting inside the net to keep it from blowing off.  Who ever took the net took the buckets out and left them.  Normally one bucket has a very expensive catchers mit in it, but I took it out and left it in the truck.  Had a feeling.  I have never felt comfortable leaving stuff like that but everyone does it.  I have never let my girls leave their bat bags even though people do that all the time too.  I dont want to give someone $600 worth of bats.  Actually with two girls on the team we could lose $1200 worth of bats if we left them laying around.

I just want people to know not to get too comfortable with leaving your stuff.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder