Jasper Bulldogs vs. Hutto Hippos Predictions?...Best of 3 at College Park

. We just beat you with our number 4. Our 1,2, and 3 will all make you look stupid. I really expected more out of the defending state champs. They wouldn't have made the playoffs in our district. Everyone on here wants to talk about district 21 being so good, but check the record. Who's the best now?

. We just beat you with our number 4. Our 1,2, and 3 will all make you look stupid. I really expected more out of the defending state champs. They wouldn't have made the playoffs in our district. Everyone on here wants to talk about district 21 being so good, but check the record. Who's the best now?

So Hutto started game 1 of a 3 game series with their #4 pitcher, very interesting.  I guess that guy who came to finish the game was their #5 then because he wasn't as good as the first pitcher was. 

Hutto has a solid team.  They field the ball well and make good contact through their order, although #9 didn't swing the bat yet got on base everytime.  Hutto's pitcher was very good.  He tired a bit at the end as did Stephenson.  Stephenson just couldn't seem to hit his spots.  Either way congrats on the first win.  Hard to argue with which is the better district at this point.  But there are still games to be played.

How did the Hippo's do last year in the state playoffs, I don't remember, can they be called defending state champions?

A poser looking for a laugh, or maybe just an idiot?  Which one are you?  Am enjoying your "Austin attitude".  (Sorry Admin. Will try to straighten up here.)...

As hard as it is to admit, Jasper was not the best team in the district this year.  You do realize Jasper finished 3rd in 21-3A right?  Jasper is still here due to a good year, a coin flip, and a great performance against a very tough Bridge City team last week.... Are you comparing these districts based on one game?  Think about the teams in 21-3A: Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, Hamshire-Fannett, Orangefield, Silsbee, and little 'ole Jasper.  Teams you probably haven't seen much of and don't know much about being that they play over in the "backwoods" of East Texas (A place you might not want to visit)... I've watched Hutto, Taylor, and Liberty Hill this year.  All good teams, but Hutto will probably do better in 4A next year than you would have done with the guys from 21-3A this year.   

It's all about pitching right?  Without knowing much about Hutto's pitching depth, but trusting in your expertise, I would say Hutto is the favorite in this series.  Jasper just doesn't have pitching depth.  That's why Hutto gets the edge..... Hopefully, Jasper's #1 can go tomorrow.  I know you're just joking, but to count out Jasper would be a mistake.  They tend to play one game at a time... If Hutto wins the series, I look forward to following them... By the way, which position do you play?

Liberty Hill won 18-3A right?  If I am right, could you please explain or give us your excuse on just how that happened.

I know I can say for most of Jasper's fans, the gas money isn't an issue, we have always been there to support our team and will tomorrow!!! Good luck Dogs!

Believe in yourself, don't worry about what others say! You have a crowd full of people believing in you!!

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

Wow !!!!!!! Yall Beat Bridge City. Run tell the world. Your playing THE HIPPO'S now. Why don't yall just save your gas money and stay home tommorrow, because it's pointless to even drive over. YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE.

the hippo guys got a point they threw there number 4 and beat jaspers number two they think jasper was playing there best but hippo guy is wrong hippo guy hasnt seen jasper at there best yet if all the hippo guys have the big head like that jasper will take the next two games with ease and hippo guy have you forgot that jasper is the defending state champs because you seem to be very confident to be playing the defending state champs

I know I can say for most of Jasper's fans, the gas money isn't an issue, we have always been there to support our team and will tomorrow!!! Good luck Dogs!

Believe in yourself, don't worry about what others say! You have a crowd full of people believing in you!!

Well come if you want. Just one Question. What happened to all the Jasper fans when they got behind. They were all big and bad at first, but we shut'em up.

Well come if you want. Just one Question. What happened to all the Jasper fans when they got behind. They were all big and bad at first, but we shut'em up.

never in all the time ive been on setxs sports have i seen players be so disrespectful. we didnt bring our best last night. but you've ticked some guys off. and i can't believe your coaches would let yall talk so disrespectfully. it looks bad on your town and your team. never has any player from jasper got on here and bashed another team. you know why cause coach mixon would pop the mess out of em. our program teaches character and respect for other players. dont come in to the game tomorrow big headed. we wont go without a fight.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

you hippo fellows sure that was your number 1 i tried to tell yall jasper wasnt playing there best baseball

Had it gone one game I would take Jasper.....Being it goes to 3 games I think the Hippos will win.  They are in a fast growing geographic explosion and the Greater Austin select players have been moving over to play for this team.

Hi.  I just wanted to say it was a great series.  Hutto took games 1 and 3 as I'm sure yall are aware by now....  I just wanted to say that there hasnt been anyone that has moved into this varsity team.  The majority of these guys have been on varsity since they were freshman(because of being a small school 4 yrs ago).  We do not have anyone new on the team that has come in in the past couple of years.  We have 11 seniors on our team...  What a great day of some good baseball! Jasper did not go down without a fight.

Kudos to Hutto.  Fans and parents should be proud of their team and the class that was shown among them.  A well disciplined team with an obvious love for the game.  It was greatly appreciated when your head coach and a player actually layed hands on the Bulldog catcher when he was injured.  However, some of your class needs to be extended to your fans and or parents.  A hush fell over the crowd when the player was injured except for a single loud mouth punk in the Hutto bleachers.  Sad, sad, sad.  Who cares about what is said while the game is going on, all in pumping up the stands or team.  But learn from the way the your kids play on the field and extend it to the next injured player.  Have a great run to state.  We certainly did last year.

Kudos to Hutto.  Fans and parents should be proud of their team and the class that was shown among them.  A well disciplined team with an obvious love for the game.  It was greatly appreciated when your head coach and a player actually layed hands on the Bulldog catcher when he was injured.  However, some of your class needs to be extended to your fans and or parents.  A hush fell over the crowd when the player was injured except for a single loud mouth punk in the Hutto bleachers.  Sad, sad, sad.  Who cares about what is said while the game is going on, all in pumping up the stands or team.  But learn from the way the your kids play on the field and extend it to the next injured player.  Have a great run to state.  We certainly did last year.

I know what you're talking about.  The most of our side did hush down.  He means no harm.  honestly.  He was facing our dugout talking to someone and we had to tell him to hush.  I dont think he realized someone was seriously injured...  Once we did, he did hush down.  He really is a nice man.  We do have respect for the catcher who got hurt.  It was a great attempt and hope he is not seriously hurt. 

Ty Parker, catcher, will go for a MRI next week. Last heard was that it could possibly be a bad sprain knee or some torn ligments in his knee. Keep him in your prayers.

It was a good series and best of luck to Hutto. Dogs you played a great season!!  ;D

I know what you're talking about.  The most of our side did hush down.  He means no harm.  honestly.  He was facing our dugout talking to someone and we had to tell him to hush.  I dont think he realized someone was seriously injured...  Once we did, he did hush down.  He really is a nice man.  We do have respect for the catcher who got hurt.  It was a great attempt and hope he is not seriously hurt. 

He did get quiet when he became aware that a player was down.  No reason to fault him.  Great games by the Hippos.

Guest bballdude

The Hippos are no joke dont let the name fool you  ;) but they could hit, their middle infield was nasty, and their pitchers through strikes. My dogs couldnt get the bats goin or the gloves and at this point in the playoffs your not gona make it much farther by playing that way. But congrats dogs on a great season and good luck to our Hippo friends.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124