14u Shockers host round robin

14u Shockers will host a 5 game round robin this Sunday at College Street.  They will host several of the top Houston area teams in the 14u division:  MC Magic, Texas Peppers, Texas Ice, and Texas Hawks as well as the local teams of OC Thompson and Shockers.  If you are interested in seeing some great softball without having to drive to Houston---this would be the day.  Games begin at 9:00 and run until 4:30.  The teams are getting together to get ready for the ASA Hall of Fame Qualifier in Fort Worth May 24-25th.

Should be fun! ;D

This should be a great day of softball!  I hope people take the time to come by and watch some of these great underclassmen go at it. 

"Thanks yours" to Tigers12 for putting together such a quality field and event. 

Man i am jealous seem slam must have gone north for supper last night.

I know Ice was a no show.  PNG70 was not happy because it messed up his schedule.

I was only out for a little while, I had bambino duty.  I guess you'll have to wait to hear from those that were there all day. 

I know Miss Sain took a shot to the eye while I was there, so we need an injury report on her.  She was ticked off that she was having to leave the game.  One tough cookie!

OC Thompson was beating Shockers when I left.  I think it was good afternoon of real softball and not just practice so I guess it accomplished what it set out to accomplish.

Good luck to everyone next weekend.

It was a good day of softball with some of the best 14u teams I have seen in awhile.Yes Texas Ice no showed and cause some interesting scheduling problems for the other teams and Umpires as well.Yes Shannon Sain took a nasty blow to the eye during the final game and after the game the eye was swollen pretty much shut as I could tell,maybe Slam14 or News can furthur update this.Thanks to the Shockers 14u Group for a good day of softball.

Great day of softball these teams were the some the best 14 u's out there as for Shannon just got off the phone with her dad.She has a fractured cheek bone and is scheduled for an Cat scan to check for any sinus damage.The Doctor told her she could not play till after the cat scan she told the doctor you better hurry up i have a tour. this week end and i am going to play.This kid has a bigger heart than can fit in her chest.I am honored to be allowed to coach her.

shannon went to an eye dr. this morning.she has a slight fracture in her cheek bone.doc says it should be ok.he wants her to get a cat scan to check out her sinus cavity because shes spitting out blood.hes saying she should be fine in a few dayswhen the swelling goes down.

Seems we also lost our center fielder and # 3 batter Jack she has a fractured arm the girls were calling that field the field of death.

Two of the finest young ladies and best young players around did suffer significant injuries Sunday.  Shannon received a blow to her left eye when a throw down to 2nd deflected off another players glove.  A scary accident that hopefully won't have any long lasting effect.  After a 10 minute delay, Shannon couldn't understand why I wouldn't let her play with one eye!

Jacquelyn Brown also suffered a fracture of her left forearm after getting hit by a pitch at the plate and will miss several weeks of action.  At first glance it was thought to be a deep bruise and she demanded to be left in to run bases.  Her comments were "I got on...I'm running".  It wasn't long before it was apparent that it may be more than bruised.

3rd baseman Kylin Carpenter also was hit by a pitch on her right hand earlier in the day severely bruising her index finger. 

Field "J" stands for "jacked up" in my opinion and we hope to stay clear of that field for a while!

Other than losing players, the weekend was filled with great softball and some of the most talented underclassmen you will see anywhere.  There were great plays and hits at  every field in the complex.

Thanks to the GT Shockers, Texas Hawks, Texas Peppers, and MC Magic for an extremely competitive weekend. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin