*Barbers Hill vs. Bay City Game 1 Playoff/Bay City Wins Game 1!!*

This is unexpected, bh89-2 had hinted things were not running on all cylinders. Thamm, Silva are 2 I would depend on to carry on another week.

Bay City must have some pitching with only 2 runs by the EAgles

That are we can't hit. You not going to win many games giving up 10-11 hits and commiting 6 errors.....certaimly not in the playoffs.  I've kept my mouth shut. My momma taught me " If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all ". Guess I'm done for now.  ;)

Will say I was very proud of Jonathan Kelly. Pitched in relief and looked very good. Also, hit a solo HR.

It aint over yet,but if BH don't get there heads on straight one of the best teams BH has ever seen may be out in their first playoff seris!!!!!!!! Shake it off Eagles and give it hell tomorrow!!

Wow thats all i can say.

Baycity hit pretty well last year agianst us(lcm) but to score that many runs on or at least supposed to be the best pitching staff in the area.

I guess six errors doesnt help either.

Nice jab...How did your game go tonight ?

Eagles’ slide continues into postseason

By Michael Pineda

Baytown Sun

Published May 9, 2008

MANVEL — A late-season slide extended into the postseason Thursday night, putting the Barbers Hill baseball season in jeopardy.

Facing Bay City in the first game of a best-of-three Class 4A area playoff series, the Eagles (23-6) were unable to get out of their funk in an 11-2 loss, their third in a row.

The Black Cats (21-9) scored eight runs in the third inning, helped by four errors to take a 1-0 lead leading into tonight’s game at Manvel. The first pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m.

“We didn’t play any different than we have been playing,†Barbers Hill coach Gil Stalbaum said. “We’re just at a bad place in our baseball life right now. You make six errors and that doesn’t count the mental errors, and you can’t win a ball game.

“The good thing is we still have quality arms and another game to play.â€

Barbers Hill ace Ross Hales (8-3) only lasted 2 1/3 innings, giving up 10 runs, three of which were earned. The senior was not his dominant self as Bay City put the ball in play against him with six hits, including three in the first inning.

Colby Hines led off the top of the first with an infield single and stole second before advancing to third on a passed ball. A double by Zach Benson scored Hines and another double by Chance Leissner plated Benson to make the score 2-0.

Barbers Hill responded with one run in the bottom of the inning, courtesy of a dropped fly ball in right field that allowed Cody Clifton to reach second with one out. A single by Hales scored Clifton.

The score remained 2-1 until the top of the third when the floodgates were opened.

The inning started poorly for the Eagles, as Hines reached on an error and advanced to third on a throwing error. Hales had the leadoff hitter picked off, but an Alex Rocha throw was not handled on what should have been a sure out, to allow Hines to go to third.

From that point, 10 of the next 11 batters would reach safely with only Leissner not making it to first, but bringing home a run on a sacrifice fly.

Johnathan Kelley came on in relief with the score 8-1 and allowed two inherited runners to score before a fielder’s choice ended the inning, with the score 10-1.

Bay City had the opportunity to finish the game in the fifth after adding another unearned run in the top of the inning, but Kelley helped Barbers Hill avoid the run-rule with a solo home run over the centerfield fence. That would be the last run of the game.

Hales and Rocha led the Eagles offensively, going 2 for 3 at the plate. Barbers Hill finished with nine hits.

Hales struck out three and walked two in his abbreviated outing. Kelley gave up one unearned run in 2 2/3 innings of work, giving up three hits while striking out two and hitting one batter. Jay Burditt finished the game out on the mound with two innings of scoreless work, giving up one hit and one walk.

Wow thats all i can say.

Baycity hit pretty well last year agianst us(lcm) but to score that many runs on or at least supposed to be the best pitching staff in the area.

I guess six errors doesnt help either.

Nice jab...How did your game go tonight ?

Equally as good but we still have are number 1 and 2 to throw.

Bay City is a tough team.  Who did they pitch tonight.  I would have to say that BH is still atleast 50-50 if not the favorite still.  Plenty of arms that can keep them in the game.  As long as don't loose faith.

Eagle 7 don't be bitter. Barbers Hill fans get on here and boast on how good they are and how if they are not ranked first it is a conspiracy against them. Well when something like last night happens a few will poke fun. EVERYBODY know that Barbers Hill is good they are just having a liitle fun with you. Be thick skined and take the jab and when BH comes back and wins the series you can laugh another week. That being said, what did happen? were all the errors made in one inning or what?

Eagle 7 don't be bitter. Barbers Hill fans get on here and boast on how good they are and how if they are not ranked first it is a conspiracy against them. Well when something like last night happens a few will poke fun. EVERYBODY know that Barbers Hill is good they are just having a liitle fun with you. Be thick skined and take the jab and when BH comes back and wins the series you can laugh another week. That being said, what did happen? were all the errors made in one inning or what?

My "bitterness" has nothing to do with UTGuy09....I don't think my response was too terrible. He jabbed and I jabbed back. No harm, no foul.  I've never been on here claiming conspiracy or such. My " bitterness" is centered around a couple of things that "non-Barbers Hillers " do not know anything or much about. We'll leave it at that. I do appreciate your support and hope you are correct about pulling out the series victory.

As far as your question, the majority of the damage was in the 3rd...8 runs scored. For the game, we had 6 errors, at least 4 mental errors defensively, and a baserunning error that cost us probably two runs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder