Tampa Bay Rays -- PLAYOFFS?

AJ25

I doubt it... i don't see them finishing higher than 3rd.  Boston should win the division this year, and the yankees usually turn it on late in the year.  that being said, the rays are greatly improved, and now have a solid core on offense, and are developing some pretty good young starters.  i think their record will keep improving over the next few years.

Agree all the way with Bullets...

The Rays will fade but are improving

i agree. they are much better, because of all those 1st round picks finally developed

they've drafted well, that's for sure

no lie. maybe the astros should take lessons?  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

don't look now, but when you couple the rays' win last night with the red sox loss... and THE DEVIL RAYS ARE IN 1ST PLACE!!!!  And this is 40 games into the season!  I still don't think there is any chance this will hold up, but they do have a legitimate shot at being a .500 ballclub this year.

I think they will be over .500 and possibly in the wild card hunt towards the end. I don't see them making they playoffs though. There are other teams with more experience who I think will come around and move ahead of them.

i won't be surprised if the wildcard comes from their division, i just don't see it happening for them.  I would LOVE for it to happen, though!

• 1 month later...

The Rays have a 3 1/2 game lead over the sox right now and we're halfway through the season.  amazingly, they have the best record in baseball.  they just swept the red sox, and they're on fire.  i still don't think they'll last, but they're definitely a fantastic team.  Their schedule is pretty easy the next few weeks as well.  Here's hoping that we see the Rays in the playoffs in a few months!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Orangeboy

My family evacuated to Orlando and I drove over to St. Pete with my son Tuesday night to watch Beckett throw against the Rays. It was a great game and they actually had over 32,000 in attendance. These people have waited several years for a winner and now they have one. I think they can make a little run in the playoffs. They have good young pitching, play good defense, and a strong bullpen. The things you really need that time of year. Really enjoyed myself at the game. The Trop itself is like a minor league park. They did have a Ray tank where you could pet the animals. The workers at the park were very friendly and were very helpful. Plus I got to see the Redsox lose, that's always good. Man I love watching Pedroria play though, reminds me alot of Biggio.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty