Will Buna Contend

Guest A-TOWN

The last 2 years has been good to Buna.  Was worried about the 09 year until we saw some of the freshman and sophs coming up.  We have some good players that will be Sr's. next year and hopefully great leaders!  Time will tell, but I think we will be ok this year.  If we do good this year, hopefully, our Boys will be ready to take it to Newton this year!  :o

Guest A-TOWN

The last 2 years has been good to Buna.  Was worried about the 09 year until we saw some of the freshman and sophs coming up.  We have some good players that will be Sr's. next year and hopefully great leaders!  Time will tell, but I think we will be ok this year.  If we do good this year, hopefully, our Boys will be ready to take it to Newton this year!  :o

I wouldnt say that just yet, we havent beaten Newton yet but just worry bout the post season then prepare for Newton

Guest A-TOWN

Buna will make the playoffs.  You guys know more about what they have coming back, but I think they will contend for the district championship.  Your thoughts!

We lost a bunch of big players and its tough replacing them so i dont know

Guest A-TOWN

I'm looking forward to our game again.  Always fun playing Buna even though it's not as big of a rival as it was when I was in school.  Good Luck to your Cougars A-Town.  Tell Granger I said whats up!

Ok i will, i cant wait until we play again although the realignment change so we play at Orangefield this year

i really don't think buna will compete at all. with a mediocre quarterback the only stand out returning on offense, the ball isn't going to move very much.

with my boy #20 and that other big running back (brian  holmes? not sure), the primarily running game focused offense of buna's doesn't stand a chance. blanton is good and all. but to compete with east chambers, kountze, and hardin's strong teams next year.

prove me wrong. i dare you.

Guest A-TOWN

It will be a fight for all three spots this year. All teams will contend fpr a playoff spot. This might go down to the last week for a lot of teams.   

I agree

People can say all they want. Buna will have kids step up next year and fill the shoes of the greatly missed seniors. Defense is returning a lot of starters. Size will be one of the factors next year. No one knows how good Buna will be until the first game. Craft and Sheppard will have to be huge leaders for this team playing both ways. The backfield will be okay next year. Maybe Sheppard will have someone to catch his passes this year. The Cougars wont be able to just line up and run the ball down people's throats, like they did most of the teams last year. All I'ma say is Buna will be one of the top teams in the district once again.

i really don't think buna will compete at all. with a mediocre quarterback the only stand out returning on offense, the ball isn't going to move very much.

with my boy #20 and that other big running back (brian  holmes? not sure), the primarily running game focused offense of buna's doesn't stand a chance. blanton is good and all. but to compete with east chambers, kountze, and hardin's strong teams next year.

prove me wrong. i dare you.

I promise, the least thing Buna is worried about is the backfield. It will be ok. And Buna will always be a competitor in this district. I'm not saying we will dominate because i think there are alot of even teams this year. Who are you to say we don't stand a chance anyway??? What is your prediction for the standings???

• 1 month later...

Kountze, Hardin and Deweyville??  Are you serious?  You can't be serious!  LOL

Hardin: yes.  Kountze: maybe.  Deweyville: no way

EC will be deep in the running for the district championship, without a doubt.  Too much tradition here.  Hardin will be in the running too.  Can only comment on Buna from what I have seen posted here.  So I am going to say Buna and K-toon battle for the third spot. 

Deweyville Pirates will surprise a few in district this year. I look for the Pirates to be in the battle for that 3rd spot maybe even 2nd with the new coach at the wheel who knows. The district will be tuff top to bottom.

EC will be deep in the running for the district championship, without a doubt.  Too much tradition here.  Hardin will be in the running too.  Can only comment on Buna from what I have seen posted here.  So I am going to say Buna and K-toon battle for the third spot. 

All the teams are contenders, very tough District, you can not count anyone out until the games are played.

Guest A-TOWN

All the teams are contenders, very tough District, you can not count anyone out until the games are played. SteelerCzy you might be right

Your right, last year was an shocking year everybody in the district surprise each other in the district. And Sterr

Guest blade_65

What you have to think about is not will contend but who will get the breaks and made good shedules for their teams.  Most people look at dominant players for a teams success but i don't see a sure fire dominant player this year in the 23 AA district so i thing you need to look at offensive line play with EC leading pack because of returning starters while the rest of the district loss many players on the line including Buna Hardin and Kountze. Dewyville will be thorn in peoples sides this year but i don't think they will have enough even with a new coach. Buna will Battle with Hardin for third place and EC will be one or two. You have to look back they have been in the playoffs last 4 or 5 years and that don't change over its called building a tradition.  Warren will be last in the district kountze will go back to their 2006 form . Anahuac Ec Buna and Hardin will be in the mix the rest will play spoilers. 

What you have to think about is not will contend but who will get the breaks and made good shedules for their teams.  Most people look at dominant players for a teams success but i don't see a sure fire dominant player this year in the 23 AA district so i thing you need to look at offensive line play with EC leading pack because of returning starters while the rest of the district loss many players on the line including Buna Hardin and Kountze. Dewyville will be thorn in peoples sides this year but i don't think they will have enough even with a new coach. Buna will Battle with Hardin for third place and EC will be one or two. You have to look back they have been in the playoffs last 4 or 5 years and that don't change over its called building a tradition.  Warren will be last in the district kountze will go back to their 2006 form . Anahuac Ec Buna and Hardin will be in the mix the rest will play spoilers. 

Oh NO! NOT happeing

LOL DEEP BELLY LAUGH ON THAT ONE! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369