*Vidor vs. Ozen/15-14 VIDOR WINS!!! WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

man this just proves you never give up, anything is possible. Way to go pirates!!!!!!!! Now lets cook  some bears on Friday

you are right  ;D Ozen had 9 errors in this game they were lucky to be in this game.

Who was lucky to be in this game Ozen or Vidor?  Surely you mean Vidor, because if not for the errors, Ozen should have had an easy win even dispite the runs for Ozen that should have been scored due to poor base running.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.....

its always something..

Forget about the amazing comeback the pirates accomplished last night, they won because of ozen making to many errors..sorry to break this to some people but ERRORS are part of the game and every team has them, the good teams are the ones who capitalize on the other teams mistakes.

For all the pirate fans and players..

Dont listen to these idiotic post, yall played yalls hearts out last night and everyone in the city respects you for that.

Guest vpirate

:)Gongrads to the Vidor the better team won lastnite, Good luck down the road.How bout Gardiner & Lott  both going 4 for 5 at the plate, and both  with 3 run homers

Gardiner and Lott were killing us, but I have to say you guys did well as a team at the plate.  I believe you definately have respect from the district.  You've played some tough ball this year..

:)Gongrads to the Vidor the better team won lastnite, Good luck down the road.How bout Gardiner & Lott  both going 4 for 5 at the plate, and both  with 3 run homers

Gardiner and Lott were killing us, but I have to say you guys did well as a team at the plate.  I believe you definately have respect from the district.  You've played some tough ball this year..

Thanks VPirate.  I have been so disheartned by our loss to you guys, I failed to say congratulations and good luck in the playoffs.  I think you guys have an awesome ball club, and an outstanding Head Coach (arguably the best in this district).  IMO you guys don't get enough respect in this district by other top teams.  Although I hate that you guys came out the winners against us last night, the better team overall pulled off the win as they should have.  That is what good coaching and ball playing will result in.  Good luck guys, and I will be pulling for you all in the playoffs.

Gardiner and Lott were killing us, but I have to say you guys did well as a team at the plate.  I believe you definately have respect from the district.  You've played some tough ball this year..

Thanks VPirate.  I have been so disheartned by our loss to you guys, I failed to say congratulations and good luck in the playoffs.  I think you guys have an awesome ball club, and an outstanding Head Coach (arguably the best in this district).  IMO you guys don't get enough respect in this district by other top teams.  Although I hate that you guys came out the winners against us last night, the better team overall pulled off the win as they should have.  That is what good coaching and ball playing will result in.  Good luck guys, and I will be pulling for you all in the playoffs.

well said , thats what district competition is about

Congratulations to Vidor; Good luck Friday

Coach Royal Thomas does more with less depth of talent than anyone in the district. Heartbreaker for the Panthers

meaning?  are you saying he does the best he can with what he has, which isn't much talent in your opinion?

WOW.....

its always something..

Forget about the amazing comeback the pirates accomplished last night, they won because of ozen making to many errors..sorry to break this to some people but ERRORS are part of the game and every team has them, the good teams are the ones who capitalize on the other teams mistakes.

Dont listen to these idiotic post, yall played yalls hearts out last night and everyone in the city respects you for that.

yes it was an amazing comeback and i don't think any of the posts dispute that fact.  ozen did make errors but so did other non-players on the field.  errors are a part of the game and it was smart for vidor to capitalize on them.

it is idiotic to think someone else's post is idiotic when ozen played their hearts out as well without many vidor fans acknowledging that fact.  we respect what vidor did and it would be judicious [antonym for idiotic] for those who think some of us are idiots to acknowledge the fact that the panthers gave it their all.

many panthers put their hearts on the mounds, at the bases and at the plates over and over again for almost 4 hours.  just as vidor did.  and the best team won.  but another great team should have earned more respect from those who didn't think they'd make it this far coming in to this year's baseball season.

the kids read these posts.  way to ruin their already not-so-great day, you adult.  both vidor AND ozen deserve congratulations and respect.  best of luck to the pirates in their playoff race.

Guest vpirate

WOW.....

its always something..

yes it was an amazing comeback and i don't think any of the posts dispute that fact.  ozen did make errors but so did other non-players on the field.  errors are a part of the game and it was smart for vidor to capitalize on them.

it is idiotic to think someone else's post is idiotic when ozen played their hearts out as well without many vidor fans acknowledging that fact.  we respect what vidor did and it would be judicious [antonym for idiotic] for those who think some of us are idiots to acknowledge the fact that the panthers gave it their all.

many panthers put their hearts on the mounds, at the bases and at the plates over and over again for almost 4 hours.  just as vidor did.  and the best team won.  but another great team should have earned more respect from those who didn't think they'd make it this far coming in to this year's baseball season.

the kids read these posts.  way to ruin their already not-so-great day, you adult.  both vidor AND ozen deserve congratulations and respect.  best of luck to the pirates in their playoff race.

You guys definately played hard and have our respect.  I think you've proven yourself and no one should take you lightly.  We knew we would have our hands full coming into this game..

Thanks for the defense Rookie08.  There are still some people that can just have decent honest coversations after ball games on this site.(that knows the game of baseball).  (Although I am an Ozen die hard fan) IMO Vidor come into this game as the better team, so when you get that much of a lead on a great team like Vidor you have got to go down fighting with your best.  If you lose, you lose with your best on the mound.  Starting with your best, Lott had already given us 5 great innings, I just would feel alot better had Gardiner came in after him to close, not saying that they would have won, but I don't think any team in this district has scored 6 - 7 runs against Lott or Gardiner in a complete game pitched, so the probablity of them scoring 6 runs in the last 1 1/2 inning was less likely.  I just think that Vidor players were disrepected at the plate by trying to throw fast balls by them, because they are too good of hitters for that and they made Ozen pay for in the end. Which once again is what a good team and coaching is going to do.

Who was lucky to be in this game Ozen or Vidor?  Surely you mean Vidor, because if not for the errors, Ozen should have had an easy win even dispite the runs for Ozen that should have been scored due to poor base running.

This is what i was talking about rookie. Never once did i down any player or the ozen team, They are a great team and competed with everyone in our distict. But for someone to say that ozen should have won that game EASILY but errors cost them the game is obviously mistaken. I agree BOTH teams played their hearts out last night, but someone had to win. I respect Lott and Gardiner and the whole Ozen team for the effort they put forth last night and i wish everyone on the team the best of luck in the future.

This is what i was talking about rookie. Never once did i down any player or the ozen team, They are a great team and competed with everyone in our distict. But for someone to say that ozen should have won that game EASILY but errors cost them the game is obviously mistaken. I agree BOTH teams played their hearts out last night, but someone had to win. I respect Lott and Gardiner and the whole Ozen team for the effort they put forth last night and i wish everyone on the team the best of luck in the future.

WOW!!!!! ITS OVER THE BETTER TEAM WON......... LETS MOVE ON

Guest bleed orange

There is a lot of drama in baseball. It is great that parents get involved in what their kids are doing. But some go over board. It's sad sometimes. My dad was a good man but he went over board and I decided I would never do that to my kids and I did not. I like winning just like everyone else but not at the expense of embarrassing my child. I let my kids fight their own battles and create their own destiny. Believe me I bit my tongue a lot. It was worth it. I am proud of Ozen and Vidor because you know what, the kids respect each other and the kids don't care what the parents think. They fought the battle not the parents.

Coach Royal Thomas does more with less depth of talent than anyone in the district. Heartbreaker for the Panthers

meaning?  are you saying he does the best he can with what he has, which isn't much talent in your opinion?

Ozen has one of the best raw pitchers in the area!

Not to mention a short stop that could start for any team in the state!

Ozen has one of the best raw pitchers in the area!

Not to mention a short stop that could start for any team in the state!

I just have to say this. I have nothing but respect for the players and coaches and fans from OZEN. You guys are a great team in a tough district! What a game!!!!! I am just glad I stayed until 11:00.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder