1. 1. Who you think should get COY?

• Phil jackson-Lakers
    • Bryon scott-Hornets
    • Rick adelman-Rockets
    • Stan van gundy-Magic
    • Eddie Jordan-Wizards
    • Doc Rivers-Celtics

Guest DickVitale

Doc Rivers, all day....That team had the biggest turnaround in NBA history...Yes they aquired some help in KG, but NO ONE expected it to turn around THIS fast...

Guest DickVitale

That's MORE so why I say Doc...He was instrumental in putting and keeping that core group together..Danny Ainge is the GM, but Doc was DEFINITELY in on the decision making process...He is the coach of the year..

I'm not buying into that, Bullets.  This isn't high school or college.  These are pros.  You have to be able to coach in this league to be successful like how the Celtics are.

Don't misunderstand me... I agree with you 100%.  Let me rephrase:  Any NBA coach would be able to win some games with this team, but Rivers has gotten the full potential out of his players, and kept the egos of several superstars in check while he did it. 

Guest DickVitale

So I guess Mo Cheeks should have been coach of the year in 2000 with the Portland TrailBlazers right? They had THE most talent in the league from top to bottom...You have to be able to cultivate talent into a winner...Byron Scott HAS done a great job, but Doc Rivers turned a team around in ONE year and helped to make valuable off season moves OTHER than the KG deal.  KG has been in the league for 13 years and has NEVER played on a team this good...COACHING...Flip Saunders shows how you can be on the OTHER end of that spectrum...He had him in Minnesota..Then inherits a loaded Detroit squad...No titles...Doc has got it done in Beantown, bro! ;)

Guest DickVitale

Again you missed my point...The Celtics have a great tandem of players...BUT, so did Portland in 2000! YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO COACH TALENT, TOO! Are the Celtics BETTER than the Hornets? Since you wanna compare apples to Oranges...YES...(in case you lost your mind and forgot  ;))

So I guess Mo Cheeks should have been coach of the year in 2000 with the Portland TrailBlazers right? They had THE most talent in the league from top to bottom...You have to be able to cultivate talent into a winner...Byron Scott HAS done a great job, but Doc Rivers turned a team around in ONE year and helped to make valuable off season moves OTHER than the KG deal.  KG has been in the league for 13 years and has NEVER played on a team this good...COACHING...Flip Saunders shows how you can be on the OTHER end of that spectrum...He had him in Minnesota..Then inherits a loaded Detroit squad...No titles...Doc has got it done in Beantown, bro! ;)

Well said!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DickVitale

You probably thought Dirk Nowitzky should have been MVP last year too, huh? Congrats to Byron Scott, he did a great job with that team....From being FIRED in New Jersey, to NBA coach of the year....Chris Paul must have made him a smarter coach!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder