*LC-M vs. Dayton/12-1 Dayton Wins!*

Well said elhector1.    There is no I in TEAM.  Griff needs to start playing the players that are wanting to win and not the ones who are out there to look pretty and wont get dirt.  I have seen to many balls get out of the infield simply because they don't want to get their uniforms dirty.  I really feel sorry for those boys on the bench that have not been given the chance to play and wanting to so badly.  Guys it is time you search your souls and decided on if you want to win or not.  If you don't just tell Griff so he can put someone in there that wants to win.  Step up to the plate and starting playing like you WANT IT! and know how. 

the outcome was that dayton played a good game.  no one has said dayton didnt play well.  all the post have been encouraging towards the bears.  not everyone is out to get the dayton broncos.  as a matter of fact, congratulations to them on im sure what was a well played game on their part.  people expect a lot from lcm so there will be posts made about them.

good luck dayton on the rest of the year.

bears keep your head up, take it one game at a time and good things will happen.

Thinks maybe Griff should bring some jv and soph up to play.  Doesnt seem like the varsity cares to play. :-[

How sad!!

Or maybe let some of the guys who have sat and watched, aching for a chance to make a difference, give it a shot.  Then again, that is the selfish side of me talking.  Griff will coach like he always does...to have a successful season, and post season, which is how a coach should coach

To my Bears...

Where has your inspiration gone?  Did you beleive yourselves to be giants, and when you were knocked down, decide that it all was no longer worth it?  A successful man, a winner, is not the one who never fails, but the one who, after failure, gets back up, and finds a reason to fight again.  You, gentlemen, have been knocked down...it is here where you decide to get back up and fight again, or stay down and give up...your choice...

Seniors...

Lead!  It is up to you to inspire this TEAM.  You have the experience of having gone through all the difficulties and struggles of sophmore and JV,  Show the others lead, even though they may not want to follow, you are the team's leaders, and that leadership is needed NOW!  Your season can be the next three games, or the next three games, and a post season slot. YOU DECIDE!  

Bears...

You are not Briseno, Garza, Gunn, Jones, Maldonado, Pousson, Richard, Richard, Viator, Barry, Brown, Cloeren, Derouen, Estes, Johnson, Leger, Thompson, Waddell, Landry, and Vaughn.  When you put on that uniform, you are BEARS.  As such, you play for the team, not for yoursleves.  Sit down, find your sense of unity, and come out as a team, not as a bunch of guys who called each other to coordinate their clothes every Tuesday and Friday.  If you feel you have no inspiration to play, let your coaches know...I think they would rather have a guy out there with a little less skill but a whole lot of wanna trying to win a game, than a hoss who could care less. YOU DECIDE!

You know, it is said that one of the most dangerous animals is a wounded grizzly...it will fight to keep from getting hurt again or dying.  The mascot you have is a proud one...live up to it.  YOU DECIDE!

Friday, a dangerous dog comes into YOUR HOUSE,  Will it leave a pit bull, or a whipped chihuahua?  YOU DECIDE!  

Friday, you will honor Victoria and Corbin.  The greatest honor you can give them is to leave everything on the field every game from here on out.  YOU DECIDE!

Were the Bears a flash in the pan?  Or are the Bears a force to be reckoned with the rest of the season and beyond?  YOU DECIDE!

Excellent post.  Although Griff discourages the boys from actively participating on this site, I hope each and every one of them reads this.  I hope the ones that want to play in the post season are our starters Friday night, regardless of if they have ever been starters before.  Good luck, Bears, find the fight.

actually, bronco1, you just said what I was going to say.  Dayton played with PASSION.  I don't know who was at first base, but I remember a couple of high throws where his 5ft ?in frame stretched to Shaquille O'Neal proportions.  The center fielder had some wheels on him, as I remember hard shots into the gaps being snagged by him.  Herrera came up big with the grand slam.  Your team had the fire ours didn't and it showed...

Your fans were pretty good ecept for that one guy..but hey...y'all had reason to celebrate.

One question though...why are you asking for repect for your baseball team, when you have a big picture of your football team on your reply page?  This is baseball season...lol... ;D

much love, bronco1, much love...

actually, bronco1, you just said what I was going to say.  Dayton played with PASSION.  I don't know who was at first base, but I remember a couple of high throws where his 5ft ?in frame stretched to Shaquille O'Neal proportions.  The center fielder had some wheels on him, as I remember hard shots into the gaps being snagged by him.  Herrera came up big with the grand slam.  Your team had the fire ours didn't and it showed...

Your fans were pretty good ecept for that one guy..but hey...y'all had reason to celebrate.

One question though...why are you asking for repect for your baseball team, when you have a big picture of your football team on your reply page?  This is baseball season...lol... ;D

Good post and congrats Dayton

Boy I love it when I am right, not that that happens often.  That East of The Trinty baseball is not as good as some thought.  ;D ;D 

I don't think anyone has argued that this year.  As a matter of fact, there have been entire threads on how our district is down this year (and the last few for that matter).  Congratulations on the continued success of the BH baseball program, it is fun to win if memory serves, but keep in mind, there is more to being a winner than your record...acting like one on and off the field is a virtue you could stand to work on.

Boy I love it when I am right, not that that happens often.  That East of The Trinty baseball is not as good as some thought.  ;D ;D 

I'm not touching that one. I do have a real question though ? What happened @ LCM in just a week's time ? I'm talking about last week,  I'm reading posts that "our boys are so focused on playing as a team that we can't post our HR stats...because we are a team, etc., etc. And there is certainly nothing wrong with that. That's just one example. A week later I'm reading about selfish players who don't want to get dirty....play guys that want to win, etc.

I will say that I do not believe that this game was indicative of the team and talent that LCM has. As an outsider, I look for LCM to bounce back. I guess that's why I ask my question....maybe there's  something "an outsider"  isn't seeing...I don't know...Just seems a little odd to go from one extreme to the other in a week. Just my two cents.

I'm not touching that one. I do have a real question though ? What happened @ LCM in just a week's time ? I'm talking about last week,  I'm reading posts that "our boys are so focused on playing as a team that we can't post our HR stats...because we are a team, etc., etc. And there is certainly nothing wrong with that. That's just one example. A week later I'm reading about selfish players who don't want to get dirty....play guys that want to win, etc.

I will say that I do not believe that this game was indicative of the team and talent that LCM has. As an outsider, I look for LCM to bounce back. I guess that's why I ask my question....maybe there's  something "an outsider"  isn't seeing...I don't know...Just seems a little odd to go from one extreme to the other in a week. Just my two cents.

To quote a popular movie (Top Gun) "That MIG really shook him up"...change "MIG" to "PNG" and "him" to "them".

It's like a strong punch to the head...not enough to knock you out, but enough to ring your bell.  Some of our guys seem to be lethargic, and MAYBE a couple of pine splinters will release them from their grogginess.  Regardless, no matter who Coach Griff plays, he will play to win.  I guess some of our own fans have seen the struggles, and many times in our own kids, that they want the team to refocus as a team.  It'll come back...

To quote a popular movie (Top Gun) "That MIG really shook him up"...change "MIG" to "PNG" and "him" to "them".

It's like a strong punch to the head...not enough to knock you out, but enough to ring your bell.  Some of our guys seem to be lethargic, and MAYBE a couple of pine splinters will release them from their grogginess.  Regardless, no matter who Coach Griff plays, he will play to win.  I guess some of our own fans have seen the struggles, and many times in our own kids, that they want the team to refocus as a team.  It'll come back...

LOL....love the analogy...Good answer. Best of luck to you guys.

Somebody needs to man up and give out some stats for LCM. Pitching, fielding and hitting and  if they are not up to par than a CHANGE is needed.

I guess this is one of the things I was worried about...the "kick 'em while they're down" attitude.  It's understandable, but at the same time, when you bring change, it should be as a motivational move, not as a "punishment" for struggling.  I want the team to succeed, as a team, and not just see change for the sake of change.  It requires a lot of maturity for a kid to say, "hey coach, I need to be moved in the line-up, I'm struggling here" or another to say "hey coach, can you put me into pitch as a reliever instead of a starter, I'm more comfortable that way."  It also requires a straightforward, frank self-assessment of strengths and weaknesses.  All this has to be accomplished in a short amount of time.  The great thing is, if anyone can turn around this group, Griff can.  I look for a great game on Friday.

Somebody needs to man up and give out some stats for LCM. Pitching, fielding and hitting and  if they are not up to par than a CHANGE is needed.

I guess this is one of the things I was worried about...the "kick 'em while they're down" attitude.  It's understandable, but at the same time, when you bring change, it should be as a motivational move, not as a "punishment" for struggling.  I want the team to succeed, as a team, and not just see change for the sake of change.  It requires a lot of maturity for a kid to say, "hey coach, I need to be moved in the line-up, I'm struggling here" or another to say "hey coach, can you put me into pitch as a reliever instead of a starter, I'm more comfortable that way."  It also requires a straightforward, frank self-assessment of strengths and weaknesses.  All this has to be accomplished in a short amount of time.  The great thing is, if anyone can turn around this group, Griff can.  I look for a great game on Friday.

Nobody's kicking them will they are down...I just like to cut through all the BS.  I guess I need to write more eloquently and you my friend are the best at that.  I enjoy your posts.

Im not kicking my bears because they are down.  Just have seen them play so much better.  There are some boys on the team that I feel could do a better job on the field like go for a ball and if that means get a little dirty than do it.  Don't miss a ball because you aren't willing to get dirty and I can say for a fact there are a couple of the boys on the team that their pants are as white as the first day they got them.  Unlike my son, he has the attitude that unless he is totally dirty he doesn't feel that he has given it his all.  There are boys on the bench that could do as well as a job as some of the starters.  Im meaning infield, outfield and on the mount.  I honestly hope that Griff can dig deep into this boys and pull it out. 

Some of those Baseball players are in that picture.  ;D  That was Herrera at first, kid plays everything with lots of heart, he was #33 in football (LB). I knew no one was disrespecting the Broncos, I was just stirrin the pot a little.  ;D

Im not kicking my bears because they are down.  Just have seen them play so much better.  There are some boys on the team that I feel could do a better job on the field like go for a ball and if that means get a little dirty than do it.  Don't miss a ball because you aren't willing to get dirty and I can say for a fact there are a couple of the boys on the team that their pants are as white as the first day they got them.  Unlike my son, he has the attitude that unless he is totally dirty he doesn't feel that he has given it his all.  There are boys on the bench that could do as well as a job as some of the starters.  Im meaning infield, outfield and on the mount.  I honestly hope that Griff can dig deep into this boys and pull it out. 

I understand...it is frustrating for mr as well.  The boys know who is giving effort, and who is in cruise mode, and I think that they will have a heart to heart with each other, and clear the air, and get back on the horse.

Would I like to see mine get more playing time?  I would be a d**n liar if I said no.  But, having coached kids in Junior and Senior League, I also understand the difficulties Coach Griff has in making those decisions.  And in saying that, I give him my confidence, regardless of how much time my son sees.  The team is more important, and my son has said that same exact thing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder