East Chambers Baseball Open

There isnt a snowballs chance in hell that lil Napoleon (AD) is going to hire a baseball guy for the baseball job. He will be sure to hire a football guy. There will be no push to make baseball competitive. This is terrible for baseball kids. It is totally unfair and should not be tolerated. If I were the parent of a boy in the EC zone that likes baseball, I would seriously consider moving.

i know someone personally who applied for the job.  and his reply email only said "i am looking for someone with a lot of football experience."  no thanks for applying, no sorry, nothing.  that is all the email said.

thats not even fair for our baseball team...its not right. >:(

Well lets get this right.  Koch was the head coach.  He had a lot of football experience and some baseball.  His teams would go to the playoffs.  Mozely comes in with tons of baseball experience and some football, but can't finish no better than 4th in district.  You people are blowing this out of proportion.  Trust me Valastro is not going to do anything that would hurt the kids chances of winning in a sport.

BUCman, his second season's not over yet. Maybe the Bucs will finish second this year. However, let me say that I am almost certain that having sought and hired some of the brightest minds and best coaches in 2A football, ECISD would surely hire a suitable baseball coach with baseball experience that would take the team as far as they could. Wouldn't they?

Yes Melanie they would hire a suitable coach that would take them as far as he could.  You look at most of the high school baseball coaches in Texas and their main sport to coach is football.  The only time you get into where there is a baseball first coach is at 4A and 5A schools.  at smaller schools its gonna be football first, then their second sport.

Guest baseball25

I think shane whinchester should apply for the job..............His baseball knowledge is very well known around southeast texas. starting softball pitcher for a D team and can flat out stay back on the slow pitch softball.

I dont know anything about why the present coach is leaving, could someone please fill me in. Also, I will guarantee you that when it comes to EC athletics, the AD is thinking about football, football, and football. The 'most qualified' applicant will be the one who knows the most about football, not the one that knows the most about baseball. They should hire a baseball guy who also coaches football, not a football guy that can put on a baseball uni and make out a line up. EC would never hire a head football coach who must know more about other sports than football, that would be absurd!!!!!!! This is a truly sad situation for the baseball players in East Chambers, thats for sure.

Wow!  Lil' Napoleon?  Is that his handle out there?  Unfortunately, and i have been a casualty of it and have seen it happen dozens of times, in a small school football knowledge usually outweighs the other sports knowledge.  Now, if I am not mistaken, doesn't Hank H. not coach football out there, or very little anyway?  I saw him keeping stats at a couple of games I went to and he walked the side lines hoping like heck that TT or some of the boys didn't get too banged up outon the field.  ;D 

Best of luck to this situation.  There can be a happy medium, there are some great second sport coaches who happen to be great football coaches too.

The only time you get into where there is a baseball first coach is at 4A and 5A schools.  at smaller schools its gonna be football first, then their second sport.

I don't know that I understand or agree with that logic. However, y'all know that I'm not smart enough to argue the point. I just can't see the AD, the admin or anyone else hiring anyone but who would be the best coach for the job. I thought they did a decent job hiring Mozley. I'm sure the next one will be fine, as well.

from DaBears

Also, I will guarantee you that when it comes to EC athletics, the AD is thinking about football, football, and football.

I don't know that you're right or that you're wrong. But, from where do you gather this knowledge? I only ask because you claim to NOT know much about the specific situation regarding this baseball coach. I don't suppose it really matters. But, it appears to me that this school district is pretty high on the AD. Re/ Mozley's reason for departure, there are but a few who know the real story and they don't seem to be sharing the info. What I know about the situation is little more than folks' idle speculation for the most part. And really, if you think about it, who wants to stay where they're not wanted? I wouldn't. Mozley is young, appears to be a decent coach and will be plenty happy somewhere else.

from bmtdc1996

There can be a happy medium, there are some great second sport coaches who happen to be great football coaches too.

Very true and a good point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder